Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

This morning I pulled out an old-ish pair of somewhat dressy shoes just to give them an outing. Around lunchtime both of them failed catastrophically across the beam. Now, I'm hard enough on shoes but this is the first time I've encountered such a poor show. So I've been going around the office for the afternoon in my usual smart-casual, but with shoes on me like Charlie Chaplin doing his textbook comic tramp. Billocks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

BUT HE WAS DRIVING A BEEMER.

WTF like is it with this. I drive a BMW and am a normal soul. Total over reaction to say the least. Having it all? it's just a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

BUT HE WAS DRIVING A BEEMER.

Yes that's it. Take the piss. I'm a nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod

Alright, can we move on from this please. Can we also remember to keep posts somewhat civilised. No need for every second word in a post to be ***ing this and ***ing that.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My throat is killing me and I've loads to do doing. Also I'm starving but have fish for dinner so am trying to stave off. I won't last :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

greencap wrote: »
    Yes that's it. Take the piss. I'm a nothing.

If you think you're nothing it's because you think you are nothing. Other people don't see you like that. You see yourself like that.

Edit: sorry K. Cross posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

WTF like is it with this. I drive a BMW and am a normal soul. Total over reaction to say the least. Having it all? it's just a car.

I was trying to see it from greencaps viewpoint. I have one myself.

And me! Except I had one key and they key is broke so it's asleep in my car graveyard driveway. Waaaahhhhhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

A woman with an almost full trolley in the self service (20 items or less) checkout.

Get bent you aul fooker. Its not an auxillery checkout for you because the main checkouts are jammed.

And me! Except I had one key and they key is broke so it's asleep in my car graveyard/ driveway. Waaaahhhhhhhh.

They're a lovely car to drive and normally it'd be a TA of mine when people take against someone because of a flippin' badge on their car. Hope that gets sorted soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I have the use of one whenever I'm up at me mother's place - the brother has a rather tasty F10 520D.

They're a lovely car to drive and normally it'd be a TA of mine when people take against someone because of a flippin' badge on their car. Hope that gets sorted soon!

It's not getting sorted. I got a volvo c70 instead:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Everyone is in a good mood because it's Friday and a long weekend and I'm being a grumpy git :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Got an MRI done finally but had to listen to Ariana Grande for 20 minutes.
    I imagine this is a form of torture in some countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA at being a lazy git.
    I wonder can you pay people to walk you, like doggie daycare for humans?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Being invited to someone's house, then being made to feel like I'm a nuisance for being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that I've been to the doc and he said I have extremely low blood pressure and there's no treatment except to increase my salt intake.
    I don't really like salt!

Also TA'd that I'm in the middle of clearing out of my wardrobe and I wish I never started now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

madmaggie wrote: »
    Being invited to someone's house, then being made to feel like I'm a nuisance for being there.

how did they passively communicate their disdain and utter contempt for you?

do tell. your story will show how humans really work, and make me look less paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

greencap wrote: »
    how did they passively communicate their disdain and utter contempt for you?

do tell. your story will show how humans really work, and make me look less paranoid.

Don't feel paranoid.I totally got your post earlier...it sounded like the straw that broke the camels back.It wasn't beemer drivers fault and I'd say the cashier may have been young/new and couldn't get your payment up on the till but handled the situation badly.In saying that I'd have been annoyed too.Go to a prepay pump in future 😛

People who use it's instead of its and who's instead of whose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Stigura

Gnats / Mosquitoes. There!!! Just battered one, hard, against the wall.

Bloody wall, beside this work station, is like an abstract art piece! It's not though. It's years worth of squashed bloody gnats!

Hate the buggers!

Not exactly gonna give me, or the Dogs malaria or anything. Just can't stand the thought of one of them getting one over us, as we sleep. Bastards!

Nothing worse than splatting one, and it splashes its gut full of fresh blood all over the wall; " Is that mine, or my Dogs? Ye blood sucking Bastard?! "

Hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Keep losing my fitbit charging cable

They are very small so easy to lose and Fitbit make you only use their design, a standard USB cable won't do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd that I've been to the doc and he said I have extremely low blood pressure and there's no treatment except to increase my salt intake.
    I don't really like salt!

Also TA'd that I'm in the middle of clearing out of my wardrobe and I wish I never started now!
    You can get sachets in the pharmacy that you add water to and drink and it replenishes all your salts/electrolytes etc. I can't remember what it's called but if you ask they'll probably know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The 'Training Logs' thread titles. What's with the cringy ​dramatics? You're going for a run FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

A woman with an almost full trolley in the self service (20 items or less) checkout.<;br />
    Get bent you aul fooker. Its not an auxillery checkout for you because the main checkouts are jammed.

I can understand your frustration in this instance, however, I will use the self service, with a trolley, in cases where there are insufficient resources on the main tills.
    Example, two weeks ago. 15 main tills, one check out operator, 4 in queue with large trolleys obviously.
    The floating Dunnes worker at the self services said I wasn't supposed to use them with a trolley and I told her I agreed, but I told her there should be sufficient resources to man the tills at what was a common time for people to do shopping (6pm Saturday evening). I felt like a bit of d*ck saying it but I also felt me using it in this way proved a point.

My TA. Several tills, Multiple customers, insufficient check out operators. :mad:

TA at being a lazy git.
    I wonder can you pay people to walk you, like doggie daycare for humans?

Personal trainer. I think you can pay them to come and roar at you at 5am and make you stop slobbing and get you out jogging.

TA that everyons'e a runner or a gym bunny now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I can understand your frustration in this instance, however, I will use the self service, with a trolley, in cases where there are insufficient resources on the main tills.
    Example, two weeks ago. 15 main tills, one check out operator, 4 in queue with large trolleys obviously.
    The floating Dunnes worker at the self services said I wasn't supposed to use them with a trolley and I told her I agreed, but I told her there should be sufficient resources to man the tills at what was a common time for people to do shopping (6pm Saturday evening). I felt like a bit of d*ck saying it but I also felt me using it in this way proved a point.

My TA. Several tills, Multiple customers, insufficient check out operators. :mad:
    Quite a few Dunnes country wide I've been in dont seem to have a problem with a half full flat trolley being self scanned. I fully expected to be told to go to the checkout but so far no one has.

One of mine has tendon issues and can't carry a heavy basket or pull the wheely one's, so she uses the smaller trolleys, once she explained why she was using self scan and how it was saving time in the long run, she never had a problem except in a new branch.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Litter bugs. Confronted one today and they looked at me like I had two heads. They will be telling their buddies about the mad fella who picked up their litter and gave out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

PPl saying "Its not personal" when I've been lead to believe/told/planned for one thing and it changes randomly with all its attendant effects on MY life.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

People posting questions on Facebook when Google could easily give them the answer.

Eg can anyone tell me of places in Cork that hire suits for a wedding?

Ffs just Google it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement