Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

greencap wrote: »
    Yes that's it. Take the piss. I'm a nothing.
    You're not nothing, you were annoyed by someone else's lack of ability at the till, then someone skipped the q just because of who they were, without a word of explanation, I fully understand how you feel invisible. But you're not invisible, I hope you feeling more relaxed today.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

micar wrote: »
    People posting questions on Facebook when Google could easily give them the answer.

Eg can anyone tell me of places in Cork that hire suits for a wedding?

Ffs just Google it!!

I just saw one "can anyone tell me the best place to park in the hospital? Have a feeling I'll be there a while". Que all the "omg what's wrong xxx". "Just messaged you now Hun"
    I had a good mind to write "try the car park".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Those ''anyone know'' local fb groups are handy if business websites look like they're never updated but there is some silly stuff asked on them. My TA is the local free cycle groups. I'm no grammar nazi but people keep giving away things like chest of draws and double matterses, baby girl cloths etc and asking for items that people have posted a photo of and clearly stated they are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Tripped over the dishwasher door when it was opened and almost impaled myself on the cutlery basket.
    Wouldn't mind only I warned the kids to be careful as it waa open and I was unloading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

5 mosquito bites. 4 on my knees and one on my ankle and the one on my ankle is infected so I had to get an antibiotic for it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Busybodies...I was walking down the road earlier drinking my can of lucozade after a heavy nights drinking last night..threw my can on the ground when I was finished and this Muppet started ranting about littering and put my can on the bin..wtf like..people should mind their own business..I'm sure he muttered something about my new trackie too..get a life.....ðŸ˜

When an author releases a new anthology of short stories featuring the characters of their main series that you're following and awaiting the new installment of, but the anthology only has two new stories, all the other five stories are in her previous short story collection. Just make the two new ones longer and leave out the old stories instead of charging us twice for the same material!

There's a man on the plane who is on his fifth quarter bottle of wine.

He's been given dinner and snacks and 5 wines and not once has he said please or thank you to the staff.

Being misunderstood and when defending or explaining myself, being misunderstood even more. Some people take a difference of opinion too personally.

And Ta that I don't get what doxxing is but you can't ask without sounding like you want to know how to do it yourself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People screwing with my head. Had a fight with a friend last Feb (2016). It was a long time coming, it wasn't even a proper fight, inhad become fed up telling him what he was doing was hurting my feelings so I cut him off. In Feb this year i heard from him again like nothing was wrong, but although I'm over the friendship I was a little bit happy to hear from him but told him in no uncertain terms I'm done with this nothing ever changes, haven't thought about you in a year, bit late with making an effort. Didn't hear anything back and finally got to the stage where I could check my mails without worrying there would be a reply from him. Then I woke up yesterday morning to a weird voicemail on my phone from him at 3:30.

Stop messing with me. The time to fix that was 2015, or 2016. Not now. I've been sad and I'm over it so stop with the random attempts to contact me.

• Advertisement

A private message from a lady who befriended me today on Facebook. We have a mutual friend I've thought of as a nice person. ''I've been told by X that I can't be your friend''. I sh1t you not. X is in her thirties. I will be avoiding X like the bloody plague in real life and Facbook.

And I was cr***ing on about how wonderful X is earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Being misunderstood and when defending or explaining myself, being misunderstood even more. Some people take a difference of opinion too personally.

And Ta that I don't get what doxxing is but you can't ask without sounding like you want to know how to do it yourself..

Doxxing

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

People and advertisers who announce date Month first then date. It's not April 15th, it's 15th April. Or even worse April 15. Fupp off.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

I thought it was a Boards thing or I'd have Googled it! And I thought what doxxing is, was called Phishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA'd that not only is my long term crappy right knee acting up this weekend, but I've somehow sprained something in my left foot so I'm hobbling around the house like an 80 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA I thought doxxing must be something durrty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

5 mosquito bites. 4 on my knees and one on my ankle and the one on my ankle is infected so I had to get an antibiotic for it :rolleyes:

This happens to me EVERY time I go anywhere. I sympathise.

My grievance is such: there was a relatively normal looking woman on the street basically screaming abuse at the top of her lungs, screaming about racism and all this crazy stuff even though she's a local. She was obviously off her complete face but it's disgusting to see a woman degrade herself in public and in daylight. She stared me down then when I looked at her. In all absolute fairness, who could ignore her? Why does she have to be screaming and upsetting the peace. No call for that behaviour.

First world problem; have wanted two particular dresses from H&M for ages but they haven't had them in my size anywhere and weren't online for ages. Even tried two H&Ms abroad and only size 20s left. So eventually they had them on the UK site and I got them through parcel motel but I ordered a UK size bigger than normal (but same EU size) because I heard a girl (staff) in H&M telling a customer that their sizes were a size smaller than other stores.

-.-

They're huge and now I've to try and return them to UK site. Fcuk a duck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The persistent extent to which event / gig organizers and hosts here in Ireland can get away with doing a cr@ppie quality function or event no matter what sort of a bad taste it leaves with the audience or attendees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have a cold sore. I've never had one before. My boyfriend gets them but I have never caught them from him. It's super annoying and I want to know how I managed to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

KatW4 wrote: »
    I have a cold sore. I've never had one before. My boyfriend gets them but I have never caught them from him. It's super annoying and I want to know how I managed to get one.

My parents always told me you get them from kissing bold girls.
    Anything to confess?

Very Ta. Parents who expect everyone else to adore their child as much as they do. Even expecting others to think your child is cute and to have as much patience as you do isn't fair imo. Is it unreasonable that a woman, a mother out with her own child, might not appreciate someone else's child coming over, laying its head in her lap, stroking her arm and leg and possibly drooling or getting melted chocolate on her clothes? Some people don't like personal space being invaded or being grabbed, however harmlessly. The mum of the child in question thinks the other mum got up and walked away because the child is mixed race. She can't grasp that someone would be uncomfortable with it. Not the child's fault but surely they need to learn about respecting personal space?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Why are other people so confident yet I struggle? Things can be very unfair sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When people say they'll pick you up at half eight and 45 mins later you're still waiting.. no courtesy text, nothing. Feel like putting back on my pjs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sitting here with a vodka and orange and after a few sips, I'm thinking "I think this vodka is gone off".
    It tasted bloody horrible.
    Threw it down the sink.
    Told other half. He said "That wasn't vodka you had. That was poitin I put into the empty Smirnoff bottle."
    My Christ, it was AWFUL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fussyonion wrote: »
    Sitting here with a vodka and orange and after a few sips, I'm thinking "I think this vodka is gone off".
    It tasted bloody horrible.
    Threw it down the sink.
    Told other half. He said "That wasn't vodka you had. That was poitin I put into the empty Smirnoff bottle."
    My Christ, it was AWFUL!
    Sorry but lol..I bought 2 bottles last week but I'd be afraid to drink them.. meant to be good for your bones as a rub..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Hospital refusing to speak to my sib(the patient) about their treatment and follow up, because of a provisional diagnosis of dementia, leading to them leaving without the follow up info they need, neither will hosp speak with them on the phone with info.

Scan results back and they told to carry on as normal until condition progresses. Beyond disgusted that they were closed out of decisions on their health because of this thinking.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Hospital refusing to speak to my sib(the patient) about their treatment and follow up, because of a provisional diagnosis of dementia, leading to them leaving without the follow up info they need, neither will hosp speak with them on the phone with info.

Scan results back and they told to carry on as normal until condition progresses. Beyond disgusted that they were closed out of decisions on their health because of this thinking.

I have a 46 year old friend with Dementia currently being 'held' against his will in 'St.Clabberts' as he calls it. It's for his own good in a way (he has gone missing a few times and has a communicable disease that needs strict medication too) but it stresses me out that he can't have any input into his own treatment. I know they're not really similar situations but I kind of understand the frustration.

My TA I already mentioned a real life friend told her friend he couldn't be friends with me on FB so he said if I befriended him instead that might pacify her. Now she's told him he has to block me. I'm really annoyed at her lording it over people and getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Sister in law being completely selfish but I cannot call her on it, yet.When i do it will probably not sound half as good as it does in my head and I will look like a wagon! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Won an iphone 6 on Saturday (yay!) which replaced my 5C.
    But now when I open boards there's a gap after the three tabs at the top, and it's hurting my occasional OCD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement