Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

When you're watching a music video and the band is playing somewhere that doesn't make sense e.g. they're all lying down on inflatable pool mattresses or in a car driving around town. Their instruments are all electric but there's no cables or amps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting awoken from a mid afternoon couch snooze...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wishing you had chosen to put your pjs back on last night over having 8+ G&Ts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I recently visited someone I hadn't seen in months, it took a couple of hours to get there, and they spent a considerable amount of time on their phone even as I spoke to them. It drives me nuts how obsessed people are with scrolling through sh1te on their phones even while in company. So rude :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who talk over me.
    Let me finish will you!

A cashier at the supermarket saying "I'm closed" even though you've only got two items and all the other tills have massive queues.

Running out of phone credit and then forgetting to buy some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

fussyonion wrote: »
    People who talk over me.
    Let me finish will you!

A cashier at the supermarket saying "I'm closed" even though you've only got two items and all the other tills have massive queues.

Top up online?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Top up online?

TA'd that I never think of doing that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Losing the phone charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

fussyonion wrote: »

I can top that; I bought a €30 top up the other day and lost it.
    Also lost my powerbank :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

Eating your body weight in chocolate in a period of just 48 hours :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

OH Gawwdddd! I'm now 37! :mad::o:pac::(

Trivial Annoyance: When ya just realize something and ya feel like a truck hit. Something ya can't change either! Can I be twenty again pwease.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

TA at laundry and having to change my bed sheets and duvet and cleaning the kitchen up after making dinner when all I want to do is play GTAV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

a trick knee that considers a trip to the loo optional

"Child on board" stickers on cars. I guess this is what the baby on board people have become.

Journalists who update a story by changing the first line but can't be arsed to read down and realise that the rest of it doesnt make sense any more.

People who spell lose as loose. For some reason this one TAs me every time.

People who spell lose as loose. For some reason this one TAs me every time.

I am one of those people. Pesky dyslexia means I have to stop and think every time I want to write one of those words and I still get it wrong as often as not. Big TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you're sitting in the car stuffing your face with chips and people are jogging past..please exercise elsewhere because you make me feel bad.

Similarly when I'm at the checkout with a less than healthy trolley don't queue behind me with a basket full of lettuce leaves and fruit ..I can see you judging me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Colser wrote: »
    When you're sitting in the car stuffing your face with chips and people are jogging past..please exercise elsewhere because you make me feel bad.

Similarly when I'm at the checkout with a less than healthy trolley don't queue behind me with a basket full of lettuce leaves and fruit ..I can see you judging me.

I had Five Guys earlier, their chips are unreal!

TA that I've work tomorrow and I've overtime to do this week too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Have realised that at least two TV shows that I love, tbh am obsessed with, are on their last season :(
    Whatever it is with this thread on my phone, I can see that there is a new post but when I go in to read it it isn't showing. Me favourite thread anal, waaaaaaahhh:(

73Cat wrote: »
    Have realised that at least two TV shows that I love, tbh am obsessed with, are on their last season :(
    Whatever it is with this thread on my phone, I can see that there is a new post but when I go in to read it it isn't showing. Me favourite thread anal, waaaaaaahhh:(

Tell us more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote: »

That's a bummer ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

International weather forecasts - Durban, Shanghai, San Jose, Kingston, Reykjavik...so what?

Winterlong wrote: »
    I am one of those people. Pesky dyslexia means I have to stop and think every time I want to write one of those words and I still get it wrong as often as not. Big TA.

That's not your fault. I think people usually mean those who just don't think before they write something.

I'm annoyed about people who go on about themselves all the time then when you say something about yourself they go quiet cos it's not about them anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People getting bogged down on spelling and grammar
    Who cares as long as they're not using your blood to write their poor spelling and grammar with

Eating Easter eggs today and now feeling sick you'd think at 28 I'd know when to stop eating chocolate before making myself sick

Having to offer advice to my friend who's a much better adult than me. Her query? "How to get vomit out of a carpet". TA she knew to ask me and TA I can confirm I am a successful carpet vomit remover due to 4 years of college and biweekly bouts of alcohol poisoning.

TA query brought up some traumatic smell memories for me of miwadi and vodka mixed with stomach lining.

TA I only have one charger and my phone and iPad are both dying simultaneously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've been awake for two hours now. Not stressed or anxious or unwell, I just woke up, bright and breezy. By lunchtime I'll be wrecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

What an absolute waste of a weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Irony and how people don't see it.

No traffic on the morning commute should have me in great form.
    But nah - to hell with that. No traffic means half the country is still in bed - on their holidays. And I am working.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

life's lessons and how people don't learn from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

back at work everyone so happy with having 4 days and I hated most of it. feeling very abnormal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I broke my favouritest mug.

Is so sad :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement