Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

Certain words and phrases. I came across a new one recently, "hip or kip". Then there's "it was nom". I think I've already mentioned my irrational hatred for the word "bliss".

I'm sitting on the bus with my coffee. It's bliss.
    Sooooo tired and am now in bed. Bliss!
    Walking. Bliss!

Oh and referring to oneself as an animal.
    I'm a tired puppy.
    I'm a happy puppy.

Fück. Right. Off!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

People who give their kids ridiculous names. Who the feck calls a child ''Celeb''? I mean seriously, why at no point did the childs father/grandparents ask the mother what in the feck she was thinking? The poor lad is going to go through school being tormented for such a stupid name. I've heard some bloody stupid kids names over the years, but that takes the biscuit, I thought I'd read it wrong at first. I can picture the scene when he's out playing in a few years and his mother out shouting ''Celeb Murphy come in for your dinner''(Murphy not real name)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The guy behind me this morning who stood on his horn because I didn't fly around the junction on the red as there were cars coming from my right.

Am I the only one that winced when reading that??

I am?

Okay then... move along :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The guy behind me this morning who stood on his horn because I didn't fly around the junction on the red as there were cars coming from my right. Like for fúck sake its MY car that will be crashed into if I shoot out there, and likely MY legs that will be taken off in the collision so you can stand on your horn all you want love, aint gonna happen. Leave earlier instead of expecting drivers in front of you to take their lives in their hands.

All I could think of was "ouch"

My TA? Not being able to stand on a horn:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Certain words and phrases. I came across a new one recently, "hip or kip". Then there's "it was nom". I think I've already mentioned my irrational hatred for the word "bliss".

I'm sitting on the bus with my coffee. It's bliss.
    Sooooo tired and am now in bed. Bliss!
    Walking. Bliss!

Oh and referring to oneself as an animal.
    I'm a tired puppy.
    I'm a happy puppy.

Fück. Right. Off!

Which reminds me of a major TA, mothers referring to themselves as "momma bear" - drives me fúcking mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Which reminds me of a major TA, mothers referring to themselves as "momma bear" - drives me fúcking mad.

I call my own mother Mamma Bear sometimes, mainly to piss her off.

TA I went to Costa and they didn't have my usual sandwich. I had to get a different one, and it's nowhere near as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

everlast75 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that winced when reading that??

I am?

Okay then... move along :o
    eisenberg1 wrote: »
    All I could think of was "ouch"

My TA? Not being able to stand on a horn:eek:
    Reminders of the good old kebab days ..:pac:

I need to go to the shop but can't motivate,TA that I don't have a maid.

This is a TA that has been annoying me for a long time and I may have brought it on myself, but I get really annoyed at the constant pokes and jibes at my username. I know someone pointed out the typo in it as a TA a while ago "OldNotWIse" instead of "OldNotWise" - and now the typo TA's me! :D But people will often say things like, "you don't really live up to your username" If disagreeing with me on some point, and lately, someone else suggested I change my username because I am not, apparently "old". Like, leave my username alone! :o:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This morning I was notified that I needed to attend a conf call in place of someone else. I had to bone up on the subject all morning and do a bit of prep. I dial in, no-one there.
    Nobody bothered to tell me the call had been cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

This is a TA that has been annoying me for a long time and I may have brought it on myself, but I get really annoyed at the constant pokes and jibes at my username. I know someone pointed out the typo in it as a TA a while ago "OldNotWIse" instead of "OldNotWise" - and now the typo TA's me! :D But people will often say things like, "you don't really live up to your username" If disagreeing with me on some point, and lately, someone else suggested I change my username because I am not, apparently "old". Like, leave my username alone! :o:P

You can subscribe to boards for €5 for 1 month and that will allow you to change your username to what ever you want provided it is available.

TA that it looks like a nice day but is baltic out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Horns and bones all over the place here...very TAing and dangerous.:D

Colser wrote: »
    Horns and bones all over the place here...very TAing and dangerous.:D

TA that his from the woman who mentioned Kebabs!

Oh jaysus yeah. That's bad.

Another one. Calling your baby "bubs".
    Ick.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This morning I was notified that I needed to attend a conf call in place of someone else. I had to bone up on the subject all morning and do a bit of prep. I dial in, no-one there.
    Nobody bothered to tell me the call had been cancelled.

:eek:

Oh jaysus yeah. That's bad.

Another one. Calling your baby "bubs".
    Ick.

Or saying "ickle" when you mean "little".

TA "menus" for kids in restaurants with their invariable chicken nuggets, bangers and mash (that's sausages in Ireland guys!), fish and chips etc. Do they think kids only eat shíte? When we were growing up we always got a half portion of a normal adult meal. Certainly when I have kids I wont be feeding them this cráp. I'm veggie and whereas I'm not going to force vegetarianism on my kids (but hope they follow my lead :P), I wouldn't be giving them that stuff when out for a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm fecking remembering things because of you OldNotWise!

TA (Actually furious) that my father was still trying to get me to order of the kids menu when I was 14 and taller than him. TA that it wasn't until I was about 28 that my mother told him to feck off and let us order whatever we wanted off the menu, and not just things in the lower third price bracket. TA That not only does the tight bollix still have his own communion money, but mine as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

The place where I used to go to get the worlds nicest mushroom soup has changed their recipe, and now it's mank :(

People watching what you are doing as they walk past your desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Sitting on a full bladder with tightly crossed legs and slightly bulging eyeballs because I'm too shy to ask where the bathroom is. Seeing a woman out of the corner of my eye drinking a bottle of water sooo sloooowly - it's like she knows! I know in this instance I could just get up and ask where the loo is but an example of a huge TA is deserately needing to pee and not being anywhere near a bathroom (like when stuck in traffic, etc.). It gets me all emotional!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Paid thirty euro to get my car all clean and sparkly. Came out this morning and it's peppered with fourteen thousand bird sh*ts. These aren't regular ones either, they're white and green and have purple streaks. Wtf are these little feathery f*ckbags eating?

At least you're not asked whether you've a bony arse on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

In a similar vein to the previous comment, people who have to one up you on every success you have.

You've climbed a mountain, they climbed Everest. God almighty, just let me have my win!

I call them Elevenerifes.

"We had a great time in Tenerife during the summer"
    "Yeah? We had a better time in Elevenerife!"

:rolleyes:

The neighbors seem to be prepping for what looks like a big old BBQ. I can see food and booze and ice and tables and chairs.
    And bunting. There is a little bunting.

TA that they have not yet invited me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

valoren wrote: »
    I call them Elevenerifes.

"We had a great time in Tenerife during the summer"
    "Yeah? We had a better time in Elevenerife!"

:rolleyes:

That's brilliant! :D

They drive me mad...

"I've got a headache."
    "Oh yeah? Well my head fell off..."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Sitting on a full bladder with tightly crossed legs and slightly bulging eyeballs because I'm too shy to ask where the bathroom is.

Ah come on now, just feckin ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Aglomerado wrote: »
    That's brilliant! :D

They drive me mad...

"I've got a headache."
    "Oh yeah? Well my head fell off..."

Luxury! When I were a lad, I used to dream about having a head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

I have mince defrosted and wouldn't mind a bitta spag bol for the dinner, but I also have leftovers from last night that must be ate. I'm not hungry enough for two dinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have mince defrosted and wouldn't mind a bitta spag bol for the dinner, but I also have leftovers from last night that must be ate. I'm not hungry enough for two dinners.

Spag bol for dinner, last night's leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My 4 year old throwing a tantrum because I am unable to russle up some fried unicorn for dinner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement