Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Playing stupid music loudly on your headphones in a college library.

Same fella has his shoes off ffs

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tinnitus. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

New Home wrote: »
    Tinnitus. :mad:

+1 to that. More than a TA to me now I'm afraid. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I can handle walter mitty types but I can't handle how people can't see through their fairytale stories. Would love to shout at them "IT'S JUST A MADEY UPPY FANTASY".

But I can't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I think Barcelona are out, tis a sad day :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think Barcelona are out, tis a sad day :(

Ah, they're a shadow of a real Barca team. All that roaring and balling every time they're hit with a gust of wind. They aren't the only team at it but they are one of the worst. Delighted for Juve, hopeing them or Atleti go on to win.

TA that tonight's match was shyte in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

People who can't be bothered to read their own texts.

Like when a friend asks "When are you doing that thing?" ...Me: "Not until next week"
    One day later "Hey how did that thing go?" ...Me: "You mean the one next week?"
    Next day same question "Did you ever get that thing done?" :rolleyes:
    Then for a month later, still asking the same question, after I said ten times how the bloody thing went!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

tomwaits48 wrote: »

This happens to me once a week.
    Lucky you don't take showers more than once a week, wha!

My own TA: RTE absolutely dragging the sh!t out of the analysis of one match and making it go on forever, full of repetitive nonsense, all because they're waiting for the highlights of the other game to be prepared.

Just show us a compilation of great goals, or highlights of a great game, or even a blank screen...anything other than Dunphy waffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA being too tired to concentrate on and properly take part in a conversation and then feeling lonely and antisocial when the other person's gone off to do something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just discovered I took a large chunk out of a back tooth - agh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

People at work in Technical roles that can't speak English very well.
    Had a lad today gesticulating and mewing at a sheet of paper but was unable to explain any details.
    Not the most productive of situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA: matches in general

Running commentary before it starts
    Almost an hour of BS
    Break and a rake of aul lads talking about what they'd do differently and where who went wrong
    Another hour or so of bs
    Post match analysis

Hello but if you've watched it why do you need to watch an analysis and highlights? It's bad enough it takes up the whole evening without disecting it to within an inch of its life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Almost an hour of BS
    Break and a rake of aul lads talking about what they'd do differently and where who went wrong
    Another hour or so of bs
    Post match analysis

Hello but if you've watched it why do you need to watch an analysis and highlights? It's bad enough it takes up the whole evening without disecting it to within an inch of its life

God I used to love all that. Back when football was about football.

TA how crap football is gone. Bunch of whimps crying to mammy at the drop of a hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Birdsong is a bit of a TA at the moment. I know it is lovely and sounds of spring and all that. But it starts so early and so loud.
    Needs me sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Almost an hour of BS
    Another hour or so of bs
    Post match analysis

The only sport I watch is hurling and I strictly watch the 70 minutes... when half time comes I go and make a cup of coffee. I don't bother with the hour long analysis afterwards either. I'll overhear enough waffle about it next day at work anyway.

I could never go out with a mad sports fan fella, I'd go crazy. I know plenty of them and the constant sport talk is a major turn off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Had a person this morning come up to my desk saying he laptop is broken none stop to me. And going this is not good enough and screaming at me.

Did she even try turn it on and off again ?. Nope that would be to easy done that and magical the laptop is now working ....

People no need scream at me just ask me nicely to have a look at your laptop dont scream in my face otherwise i am going to HR with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My TA is it's not even 9am and people think they're comedians
    I'm in a bad mood. Already I've got "haha Lexie you're in great form today" and "someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning".

Some women poop themselves giving birth. I'd be willing to bet real money their mothers at some stage of their lives haven't regretted bringing home the turd instead because it'd have a better sense of humour at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Had a person this morning come up to my desk saying he laptop is broken none stop to me. And going this is not good enough and screaming at me.

Did she even try turn it on and off again ?. Nope that would be to easy done that and magical the laptop is now working ....

People no need scream at me just ask me nicely to have a look at your laptop dont scream in my face otherwise i am going to HR with you.

My usual answer to that is something along the lines of that's what you get with little dickwad single-board, single-spindle "computers", not to mention the sort of little dickwad single-board, single-spindle "brain" that doesn't back up important data properly. Not that you'd have anything important... #BOFH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

jimgoose wrote: »
    My usual answer to that is something along the lines of that's what you get with little dickwad single-board, single-spindle "computers", not to mention the sort of little dickwad single-board, single-spindle "brain" that doesn't back up important data properly. Not that you'd have anything important... #BOFH

I'm not in IT but I have zero sympathy for losing work due to no backup. Losing small files (zip and email to oneself for example as a simple backup) and getting at mad at anyone except yourself should be a shoot able offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

fizzypish wrote: »
    I'm not in IT but I have zero sympathy for losing work due to no backup. Losing small files (zip and email to oneself for example as a simple backup) and getting at mad at anyone except yourself should be a shoot able offense.

To make it worse when people lose Data they blame me on it. But you have One Drive and syncplicity on your PC its not hard to save your files in the stupid folders for the cloud ........ I save all my own files that way and have done since i started college 6 years ago ..... As i do not trust USB or hard drvies for backups as they will brack at some stage

• Advertisement

To make it worse when people lose Data they blame me on it. But you have One Drive and syncplicity on your PC its not hard to save your files in the stupid folders for the cloud ........ I save all my own files that way and have done since i started college 6 years ago ..... As i do not trust USB or hard drvies for backups as they will brack at some stage

I educate some of the more intelligent meatware by taking them on a rare and privileged excursion upstairs to the hallowed halls of Hell, i.e. the machine-room. There I show them one of the DS3512 fiberchannel RAID-10 arrays, and explain that the reason it has sixteen separate disks working together is so it can take a maximum of two spindle failures before data compromise occurs. Now, compare that rig with your 400-dollar piece of crap, and have a little think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

As i do not trust USB or hard drvies for backups as they will brack at some stage

I'm not an IT genius so forgive my ignorance. What happens when a USB bracks? :)

I'm not an IT genius so forgive my ignorance. What happens when a USB bracks? :)

You lose your selfies and duckfaces and then come bawling to someone like me, who tells you to fuck off and goes to lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I educate some of the more intelligent meatware by taking them on a rare and privileged excursion upstairs to the hallowed halls of Hell, i.e. the machine-room. There I show them one of the DS3512 fiberchannel RAID-10 arrays, and explain that the reason it has sixteen separate disks working together is so it can take a maximum of two spindle failures before data compromise occurs. Now, compare that rig with your 400-dollar piece of crap, and have a little think.

Meatware, LOVE IT! :):):):D:D:D
    Can you guess Im not a ppl person?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You lose your selfies and duckfaces and then come bawling to someone like me, who tells you to fuck off and goes to lunch.

They're not wrong about the IT stereotypes it seems. :D:D:D
    Our IT guy must be doing it all wrong. He's quite a pleasant fellow.

My TA. (I'm aware how first world this is :)). My cleaner plugs out the phone chargers in my bedroom and kitchen and coils them neatly on the counter. this means I have to uncoil and plug in once again. Shocking stuff.

They're not wrong about the IT stereotypes it seems. :D:D:D
    Our IT guy must be doing it all wrong. He's quite a pleasant fellow...

I'm not an IT Guy - I'm the IT Guys' IT Guys' IT Guy, the monster's daddy! I'm perfectly pleasant when not being annoyed by bloody nonsense. :D

Now then - I got a text from Three yesterday announcing that they were unilaterally altering the terms of my arrangement with them such that I would be paying another five Euro per month. I note that there's no-one available on their Web-chat thing when I go to give them a good Davy Fitzgerald-ing. Grrr... Want some candy?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Now then - I got a text from Three yesterday announcing that they were unilaterally altering the terms of my arrangement with them such that I would be paying another five Euro per month. I note that there's no-one available on their Web-chat thing when I go to give them a good Davy Fitzgerald-ing. Grrr... Want some candy?? :mad:

even if there was it wouldnt help. I was on to them twice yesterday and found them clueless. Best to go into a store.

even if there was it wouldnt help. I was on to them twice yesterday and found them clueless. Best to go into a store.

I want to do a bit of horse-trading with them, i.e. right, I'll see your outrageous rate-hike in exchange for unlimited 4G+ data. But horsing over to that bloody store of theirs is a pain in the hole. I suppose I'll have to do that. First World, wha'?? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

God I used to love all that. Back when football was about football.

TA how crap football is gone. Bunch of whimps crying to mammy at the drop of a hat.

There's a Spurs player (among others i would assume) who gets his haircut every week to "freshen it up before games".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement