Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

jimgoose wrote: »
    I want to do a bit of horse-trading with them, i.e. right, I'll see your outrageous rate-hike in exchange for unlimited 4G+ data. But horsing over to that bloody store of theirs is a pain in the hole. I suppose I'll have to do that. First World, wha'?? :pac:

if you cancel your contract you can move to a PAYG sim that gives all you eat data for 30 days for €20. that has to be cheaper than what you are paying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at my bladder waking me up at 6am I usually get up at 6.30 didn't get back to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

When someone tries to slowly and quietly eat crisps. Slowly rooting around a crinkling packet and slow drawn out munching

Had to drag this one up

There's a slow crisp muncher on my office floor right now....taking up to an hour to finish the packet. Sweet merciful crap :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Did you give Brian a few quid for that charity cycle thing he is doing?"
    " Oh, erm, I made a donation online, anonymously...last week."

You did yeah, in your hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Had to drag this one up

There's a slow crisp muncher on my office floor right now....taking up to an hour to finish the packet. Sweet merciful crap :mad:

Look up the word Misophonia !!
    I suffer from this too, I have Mr Sniffles in the office...Good God get a tissue...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

if you cancel your contract you can move to a PAYG sim that gives all you eat data for 30 days for €20. that has to be cheaper than what you are paying now.

I have one of them by the throat on Webchat now, I think he's weakening!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

jimgoose wrote: »
    I have one of them by the throat on Webchat now, I think he's weakening!! :pac:

Well how 'bout that - it turns out they have a "10% line rental discount for the remaining contract term", which in my case works out at about six Euro monthly. Pleasure doing business! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

4Ad wrote: »
    Look up the word Misophonia !!
    I suffer from this too, I have Mr Sniffles in the office...Good God get a tissue...

Hah it all makes sense now!

Let me add excessively loud keyboard typing to that list. The "Enter" button gets an extra heavy press for emphasis!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Winterlong wrote: »
    Birdsong is a bit of a TA at the moment. I know it is lovely and sounds of spring and all that. But it starts so early and so loud.
    Needs me sleep.

Especially the wood pigeons on my roof, they can just **** right off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Dog poo on my shoe. Even more TA is that I did not discover it until I got in the car. So Dog poo on the car mat too.

When your luck is out it really is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Dressing the bed, after and washing and drying the sheets, duvet cover and pillowcases. Find one pillowcase missing. Check tumble dryer. Not there! Its Still in the fecking washing machine. :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Saw a women push her childs buggy out onto the road to "test traffic" which of course stopped. Then stroll across no bother. Actually Ive seen this a few times over the years

It's very effective at stopping traffic in a city and it's also reckless, thats my TA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When app developers 'upgrade' their app to a newer API than my device supports, so google won't let me install it. I doubt if they're using any new functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Pac1Man wrote: »
    There's a Spurs player (among others i would assume) who gets his haircut every week to "freshen it up before games".

Gone be with the days wah.

819782c48b8857d35313b3142307b61d.jpg

I have no mojo today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA'd that all my nice skincare bits always run out at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

TA'd that I have missed the first 30 minutes of Weekend at Bernies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Passive aggressive behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

Work emails waay after hours :mad:

Dog poo on my shoe. Even more TA is that I did not discover it until I got in the car. So Dog poo on the car mat too.

When your luck is out it really is out.

Spider on the pillow of my bed. The world is trolling me!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Popped into a chemist's for paracetamol. The counter is at the very end, so to reach it I have to pass by a lady who's promoting some items Well, lady, when you're offering me some free skincare advice with your products, please refrain from staring at my skin, nobody likes to have their pores counted out out loud, not even figuratively speaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

We collect your skip bag within 24 hours in the Dublin area, excellent, says I, i'll order a collection online now, (1pm), and then go cut the hedges n grass n other bits to fill it before it's collected tomorrow.....check the email an hour ago......
    Your skip bag will be collected MONDAY 24th, emmm, that aint 24hours :confused:

selous wrote: »
    We collect your skip bag within 24 hours in the Dublin area, excellent, says I, i'll order a collection online now, (1pm), and then go cut the hedges n grass n other bits to fill it before it's collected tomorrow.....check the email an hour ago......
    Your skip bag will be collected MONDAY 24th, emmm, that aint 24hours :confused:

24 working hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Two TAs today:
    Getting work phone calls after 5pm, my personal phone and work phone are one, and it drives me nuts. Also people from different time zones making work calls to me before I'm even out of bed, so RUDE (I'm talking 7:30 am, I start at 9...)
    2nd is my contact lens has been driving me mental all day, keeps moving and slipping. Only had it in for 6 hours before I realized it was inside out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Youtube comments. Everything is ''gay and retarded''.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

24 working hours!

As in 3 x 8 hour working days?
    (I know someone that used that once...worked in customer care :cool:)

selous wrote: »
    As in 3 x 8 hour working days?
    (I know someone that used that once...worked in customer care :cool:)

A telecoms company in asia once quoted me 45 days to provide me with a phone number.
    So 45 days after I sent the PO I contacted them to see where the number was as I had heard nothing.
    "Oh no, it is 45 days from when we start working on it".

FFS. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Chickenpox.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

I have a mad serious skin condition, it is been treated but TAd that I have to throw out and replace all my make up and brushes. I don't regularly wear make up but have two job interviews in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

The ONE morning in MONTHS that the baby has slept until 7.20am (a veritable lie in of epic proportions) the 4year old is up and worn a continuous trek into our room from 6.10am.
    SERIOUSLY!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you're waiting to validate your parking ticket with minutes to spare to avoid going into a second hour and the person in front is fumbling with her ticket then her change and then decided to use a note but doesn't know where to stick it into the machine...I don't know how I kept my mouth shut..or wasn't arrested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement