Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got huge order of laptops in work all brand.

Found out they labeled them wrong and the box said one thing and the laptop said another thing ....

Spent the past 2 hours opening boxes and printing off the proper labels .......

To make it worse i have no idea where the guy who I am the manager is today as he did not book a Hoilday of or call in sick from what i can see he went home early yesterday and i have no clue where he is as i tryed contacting his mobile and no luck so I am on to HR to see do they have his email and Phone number to find him as i am doing his job today now the joys !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

It's been declared "summer" in sibs house so the central heating is off, so now I have to remember to turn the f$%^ing water heater on and more importantly OFF, that the third time I've gone upstairs to check I turned it off!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Chocolate hounds at work, greedy savages... really TA'ing me today. I work with a guy who is completely self important, irritating and overpaid who boasts about it and who helps himself to the few stashes of chocolate that in a lot of cases,lower paid employees bring in for their respective colleagues after their holidays. He goes so far as taking unnecessary routes around the floor to desks just to help himself and has never supplied even a bar of chocolate in his years here. All the while thinking he's not being spotted.

Worst was last night before leaving and I was one of the last ones here, I caught him taking a look around before lining his pockets with mini bars of twixs for a little commuter snack. Feigned a minor 'uh oh - nabbed' and off he went stuffing his self important face.

Then this morning, I over heard him seemingly boast in his annoying pouty voice that his kids still have Easter Eggs left to eat. So obviously he has some element of self restraint in his own home.

TA'd that a) he's a mangey tight savage b) that he thinks we are all stupid c) that we have to lock away this stuff because the mangey tight savage is pocketing it all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I am the lotto syndicate organiser in work

I don't spam the entire office, if you don't join I leave you off the emails. I know offices have mother hen types and that is not me

One senior manager always pays me late but Im easy going so buy his line in SPAR and get the money later.

He sent me an email saying he was going to Australia for 5 weeks and to include him and he'll pay when he gets back.

Look I don't care about covering 2.50 per week but he probably earns over 80k, I earn under half that as a under appreciated administrator and he wants me to cover his lotto?? I ignored his email and removed him from the syndicate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

TA'd by a client that has been swerving me for WEEKS about an unsigned contract suddenly adding me on LinkedIn. wtf like. It's like those guys on tinder that read and ignore your whatsapps and then suddenly add you on facebook weeks later. Dickish carryon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Couldn't be arsed doing my hair so it's curly sue time for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,612 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Go to shops with list. Come back home and realise I've forgotten the one VITAL ingredient for tonight's dinner. FFS. Back to the shops I go.

Also planned to do gardening today. Forecast on numerous sites said a clear but cloudy day. But nope. Been drizzling rain all morning so can't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

HR managers, the biggest arseholes in the workforce, paid to consistently nitpick applicants out of the job they apply for.

I just got turned down for a job I was more than good enough for and even after I told them I'm on an incentive scheme (personally I prefer the word BRIBE!) where the government offers them €10,000 paid monthly over 2 years. And still I can't get to the second round of interviews! And the place is apparently "expanding massively"

Had this interview nearly a fortnight ago and they told me I'd hear back in the middle of last week but ended up waiting all over the long Easter weekend.

They'd be getting me €5000 cheaper than the norm per year and I still can't get a look in. Why have these "schemes" when places won't take advantage of it. The HR department can pay themselves a little bonus per year for all I care, once I'm employed and making a living instead of a scraping and on a full time basis I couldn't give a rat's arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's very frustrating and those schemes are great to encourage employers to employ long term unemployed but I guess it's still a huge influencer in whether or not to take someone on. Hope something comes up for you soon.

My own TA: what a waste of a week from my life. Rotten form

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Being unphotogenic. Anyone else hate how they look in pics?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

anna080 wrote: »

Me too , I dread having pictures taken :(

My T.A. forgot to get my packet of crisps for the night !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

anna080 wrote: »

99% of them. Yes.

I don't think I'm unphotogenic. Just look like sh*t :pac:

TA i just spilled a glass of wine all over the sofa :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

TA i just spilled a glass of wine all over the sofa :(

Ah sh!tebags! What a waste of a glass of wine :( :pac:

mewe wrote: »
    Ah sh!tebags! What a waste of a glass of wine :( :pac:

I know :(
    And there's only a drop left in the bottle :(

(I didn't drink the whole rest of the bottle tonight!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I know :(
    And there's only a drop left in the bottle :(

(I didn't drink the whole rest of the bottle tonight!!!)

Double damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

''Please enable Flash'', Flash has been enabled more than once. Grr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

came across this in the shops,and the price of it...shocking marketing. I thought the whole point was to glamourise the product through not mentioning the poo? Just eliminating odours?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L37-3v7DyYs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Duvet on, too hot.
    Duvet off, too cold

I was doing a little research on nutrition for teenage athletes and the first article I clicked into was an information booklet from safefood.eu.

Bloody hell.

Have a look at this.

How to eat more carbs - buy a triple decker sandwich and choose thicker based pizzas :confused:

They have cereal bars listed as a starchy carb and suggest basing your entire meal around one of these sugary bars along with putting "yogurt" in sugary carbs but neglecting to mention that if you only buy decent yogurts and add your own fruit to them, they won't be in the carbs list at all.

And we wonder why our kids are getting fatter.

http://www.safefood.eu/SafeFood/media/SafeFoodLibrary/Documents/Publications/Consumer/safefood-Teen-Sports-Booklet.pdf

17917612_10155290947215984_2786094290861572721_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a4c4d15a9ea81108b5dd645e4fe88b59&oe=5985DE99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I noticed recently how Eileen Dunne enunciates every syllable of every word incredibly carefully and precisely when reading the news.

Now there's nothing wrong with that, and I like Eileen Dunne as a newsreader, but I've fixated on it now and it's the only thing I can focus on when I hear her.

(And now, hopefully so will you! I'm going to drag you all down with me. Mwahahaha!!)

• Advertisement

People who've just joined with no posts pming me asking who does my Botox
    What in the actual fukkery is that about?! It's been almost 2 years, there is no Botox anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

People who've just joined with no posts pming me asking who does my Botox
    What in the actual fukkery is that about?! It's been almost 2 years, there is no Botox anymore.

I was asking for a friend >.>

You don't need Botox k.

It's fillers for a man of your advanced years :D

TA'd that I'm such a compulsive neat freak and can't relax into the week until I've the house scrubbed. I'm away this weekend and my sister has someone staying on the couch. I won't be home til 9 tonight so am already an anxious mess wanting to get home and scrub the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

What do you mean no more botox? It's my one chance :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

What do you mean no more botox? It's my one chance :(

Youthful looks are eternal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Watching El Clasico.
    At half-time they cut to refugees in Greece watching the match and celebrating.

Can I just watch a match without having a some message forced on me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,612 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Did some gardening with the husband today - total n00b at it, haven't a clue what we're doing. We were both super proud of our ****ty efforts that took a solid 4 hours to do. Txted my mam a picture of the new flowerbed and she just criticizes everything about it. With a snarky comment about how it's obvious that we're novice gardeners and she can't believe that it took 4 hours.

Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence mam. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People posting pictures of their feet on Facebook. Bare feet up on the sofa, beer in hand. Feet in handmade socks, mug of hot chocolate (the Hygge photo), or looking down at their boots submerged in autumn leaves.

• Advertisement

TA'd that no sooner has one spot gone than another one starts erupting. Not cool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement