Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

When one earphone starts to break and I have to angle it a very specific way to keep it working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having to be up super early tomorrow but being unable to actually sleep because the past two weeks have been a pile of scour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

2. I'm also hungry
    3. I've a ****tonne of laundry to do which I haven't bothered to do and knowing there's full hampers is stressing me out which in turn is keeping me awake
    4. Today I saw a photo of a huge boat on the water with boats on that boat, and boats on boats. Huge boats and so many boats and I can't stop thinking about boats now and how awful they are
    5. How similar being drunk and being tired makes me feel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I hate having to leave a recorded message, so paranoid that I sound weird and am babbling.

I had to go to the supermarket before the school this morning. My 5 yr old sneezed and snotted everywhere in the back of the car, no tissue to be had so she leaned forward and wiped her face on the knees of her clean school pants. Yippee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

73Cat wrote: »
    I had to go to the supermarket before the school this morning. My 5 yr old sneezed and snotted everywhere in the back of the car, no tissue to be had so she leaned forward and wiped her face on the knees of her clean school pants. Yippee.

I really hope you meant 'trousers'!!!

My TA for today (so far) is a little piece of apple fell on to my keyboard and between the keys. Cant get it out. Bugs are going to get in there to eat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Winterlong wrote: »
    Bugs are going to get in there to eat it.

Problem solved?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

fizzypish wrote: »
    Problem solved?

No, no! That's how bugs get into code...

/nerd

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Had a great nights sleep last night.

Can't. Stop. Yawning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

maudgonner wrote: »
    No, no! That's how bugs get into code...

/nerd

When a bug fixes a problem its an unorthodox engineering solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

People scheduling meetings for an hour after my home time! Not happening, ye can shove it up your holes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Im just finished reading the McDonalds thread and am starving...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Im just finished teading the McDonalds thread and am starving...

A juicy McMor dribbling with flavour. Creamy sundaes with caramel sauce. Oh yes please.

I'm wrecked. Have zero puff left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Bought a lovely trifle yesterday but didn't get to eat it last night.Thinking about it all day and looking forward to getting comfy on the couch when all are in bed etc.

Fast forward to about 9 tonight and didn't my son knock it off the shelf in the fridge.He is eight and looked at me looking at the trifle on the floor upsided down.Poor fella didnt move.I patted him on the head and said it's OK I'll clean it and he went off relieved up to bed.He has no idea the pain I'm in now.

Hello darkness my good friend etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Bought a lovely trifle yesterday but didn't get to eat it last night.Thinking about it all day and looking forward to getting comfy on the couch when all are in bed etc.

Fast forward to about 9 tonight and didn't my son knock it off the shelf in the fridge.He is eight and looked at me looking at the trifle on the floor upsided down.Poor fella didnt move.I patted him on the head and said it's OK I'll clean it and he went off relieved up to bed.He has no idea the pain I'm in now.

Hello darkness my good friend etc....

5 second rule.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

When someone pronounces th as d

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

When people use 9gag to post memes saying i'm bored LOL ask me anything.
    The neediness is strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

annascott wrote: »
    When someone pronounces th as d
    Northside and proud!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

anna080 wrote:

5 second rule.....

5 second rule is for softies. In our house it's "if you get it before the dog... "

My TA I'm up for the last hour and spent the last half hour invoking the ethereal properties of the 'magic car' on the 10 month old before she had the whole house awake! She has a screech like nails on a chalkboard.

Wish me luck - I'm going to attempt the car to house extraction. It's too cold to stay and my car heater has decided that it doesn't like me :-(r

EDIT: FFS as soon as I opened the car door she's looking up at me as if to say 'What was all of that about?'. The four year old (who's a bad sleeper at the best of times) has put his head around the door to say 'Is it time to get up yet?'. I GIVE UP!!! Going back to my nice warm, cosy and comfy bed is now officially just a fantasy. Where's the caffine... It's gonna be a loooooonnng day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

there's a kids show called P J Masks and there are 3 kids who are superheroes who have alteregos.

Conor becomes Catboy
    Greg becomes Geko

(so you see - initial matches with initial)

But then

Amaya becomes Owlette

That's bullsh*t! They're not the rules!*

*one of the most trivial things that has ever annoyed anybody ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Chickenpox.... again. Two smallies with them.
    Send wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

When someone thinks it's acceptable to phone you multiple times in a row to get you to answer, and there's nothing urgently wrong. :mad:

If I miss a call, I'll ring you back when I have a chance.
    If I miss two calls right after each other, I'll get slightly worried and call you straight away because it looks like you need something urgently.

The young fella is collecting those smurf stickums from Lidl. 24 to collect.
    But he has managed to get 4 Smurfettes (urgh - girls) and not one Gargamel. And he is making this my problem. FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Chickenpox.... again. Two smallies with them.
    Send wine.

Aren't they a bit young for wine?
    Does it cure Chickenpox?
    I've been told that by drinking too much of it, you could end up with a different type of pox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

The London tube during my rush hour commute when I am squeezed within an inch of my life trivially annoys me every day.

Bambi985 wrote: »
    The London tube during my rush hour commute when I am squeezed within an inch of my life trivially annoys me every day.

I used to commute on the Tokyo tube....that is compression- and in 35 degree heat!
    But at least I was about 8 inches taller than the rest of the passengers and could breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I deal with a customer who constantly calls me and types my name incorrectly in emails. Even after me correcting her on a few occasions. She laughs and says "oh sorry about that". Cop the f**k on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

GBX wrote: »
    I deal with a customer who constantly calls me and types my name incorrectly in emails. Even after me correcting her on a few occasions. She laughs and says "oh sorry about that". Cop the f**k on.

I get that all the time as well. I used to get it in particular from one of the directors where i work. We have the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

My latest delivery from China took 17 weeks to arrive today. Good job I was not in a hurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bambi985 wrote: »

Let's just say there's a good reason why I run to work 3 days a week!

TA'd that the conference going on in our building scheduled their lunch break for the same time that most people who work here do and they were causing massive queues for the coffee counter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

GBX wrote:

That's so annoying XBG.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement