Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

When watching tv into the night hours, and a new and somewhat provocative Durex advert comes on.

Yes remind me of what I don't have and what I'm not getting why don't you!

Hate being single!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    When watching tv into the night hours, and a new and somewhat provocative Durex advert comes on.

Yes remind me of what I don't have and what I'm not getting why don't you!

Hate being single!

trust me, you really don't want to see an advert for condoms aimed at single people

"try new poshwank condoms from durex, ribbed for your pleasure"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

BBDBB wrote: »
    trust me, you really don't want to see an advert for condoms aimed at single people

Hahaha! Well played

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm in a bit of an argumentative mood today :mad:

Someone gave me jelly beans earlier and I demolished them. Just checked the expiry date. Let's just say they are expired and then some.

I'd bet that it's a Best Before date, not an 'expiry date'. They were more than likely perfectly fine to eat (the fact that you ate them all and didn't notice they tasted odd is a good sign).

People thinking food magically turns bad when the BB date is up is one of my annoyances. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

First final exam tomorrow and I only started to prepare today. My own procrastination is my TA :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm absolutely FROZEN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I'm absolutely FROZEN!!!

Yeah it's fierce cold for almost May :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

The FA Cup final and Pro 12 final are on at the same time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

No idea why I can't tolerate being upright today.
    -Lightheaded and ticked off about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

BBDBB wrote: »

new specially formulated biplolimer uniquely talered to reduce cramping and repeditiive strain on you wrists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I couldn't do the whole adult thing well enough tonight to get my carcass carcas? to the local Shop one minute away before it closed at 10, so now I have to try get my old-woman feeble-bones bundled into a Car and drive to a Shop 14kms away for feic sake. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

A lady I know passed away last night.
    Huge rush on her Facebook this morning. "Rip Hun you were a true ladie #feelingheartbroken" or the huge long dedications speaking directly to the deceased from people I know were acquaintances, "I'm devastated at the loss of my good friend, you were a great mother and a lovely person and I'll miss you more than I can say" tagging all the woman's kids in it. Wtf!!!
    Go to the funeral ffs, don't make it into a Facebook thankswhoring festival
    When my Mum was at end stage cancer, she came home. The community rallied round and people brought up food. There were two particular people who would come in regularly with sandwiches, home made scones, cooked chickens, stews etc. To this day I am grateful for what they did.

One woman who would be more of an acquaintance than a close friend brought up a stew. Lovely gesture. Until she bumped into my sister. My sister thanked her for the stew and she said something along the lines of "I hear ye threw it in the bin". My sister was thrown off guard and didn't know how to respond. She had no clue what happened to the stew so said something diplomatic like "it was heated up so much that the bottom got burnt and we had to throw that out". The "thoughtful friend" replied with "I hadn't actually heard anything but now I know you threw my food in the bin" :eek: What the actual fcuk. My sister didn't know what to say to that and just walked away.

What is it about some people that they will hijack someone else's sh!tty situation and make it all about them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    When my Mum was at end stage cancer, she came home. The community rallied round and people brought up food. There were two particular people who would come in regularly with sandwiches, home made scones, cooked chickens, stews etc. To this day I am grateful for what they did.

One woman who would be more of an acquaintance than a close friend brought up a stew. Lovely gesture. Until she bumped into my sister. My sister thanked her for the stew and she said something along the lines of "I hear ye threw it in the bin". My sister was thrown off guard and didn't know how to respond. She had no clue what happened to the stew so said something diplomatic like "it was heated up so much that the bottom got burnt and we had to throw that out". The "thoughtful friend" replied with "I hadn't actually heard anything but now I know you threw my food in the bin" :eek: What the actual fcuk. My sister didn't know what to say to that and just walked away.

What is it about some people that they will hijack someone else's sh!tty situation and make it all about them :confused:
    I posted this before but when daddy lexie got sick, we kept that on the QT, as he didn't want to be the topic of the "did ya hear himselfs on the way out" gossip. It was completely private until towards the end but my Facebook friends, save for his nieces/nephews and my best friends, wouldn't have known he had cancer much less he was dying. So I'm Facebook friends with an aul one that lived in the U.K. She'd know my dad but wouldn't have seen him in years and wouldn't be close to him. So my dad was given the last rites, was moved to hospice and taken off all meds and started on the morphine pump. It was curtains for him, basically. I changed my profile pic to my fav one of me and him. His niece in oz commented saying it was a lovely pic, to stay strong and how proud he was of me and to remember that. Few other comments of it being a nice pic and thoughts were with us.
    First of all I couldn't believe the people who actually messaged me to ask what's wrong - have a little bit of consideration. But, got a message from this aul one asking what was going on. Explained dad had cancer, was in final stages and was given hours/days. No sooner did I have her told until she had a status up about how devastated she was to hear about her close friend daddy lexie who was being called home to the angels tonight, and how she wasn't ready to say goodbye. She named him and she'd be friends with loads of people from our town. I was devastated but so angry because we had kept my dads private business private and she took it upon herself to announce his impending death for likes and comments.

What I found burying both parents is there's people who seem to get off on the thrill of a sad story. People who wouldn't speak to you on a day to day basis but as soon as there's a tragedy, they're chief mourner. In fact, one man at my dads removal took the time out to sympathise with my brother (he was first I was second) and curiosity got the better of him he couldn't even wait to sympathise with me and move out of the que and gossip with others, he asked my brother straight out what was wrong with my dad, what killed him.

I'm probably over sensitive to it and maybe it's not as crass as I think it is but it really really really grinds my gears. Be that nice to the person when they're alive. Don't wait til they're dead to go to their house to eat sandwiches. Do it when they can enjoy the company.

TA: clearly people who love a good funeral and also my hand is numb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I know this is trivial considering the setting but it is a trivial annoyances thread..TA when a hospital doctor calls patients in from the waiting room, by first name only. Especially when they are common names. I'd say something if it was ''Petunia''.
    Then they're gone back through the doors before anyone can work out which ''Mary'' was being called.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ads on radio to drive with EXTRA care this weekend.

Does that mean on Tuesday people can go back to their carefree attitudes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

And speaking of Radio - those two muppets that present the morning show on Nova.
    They were talking about an interview they done with some lad...but instead of saying 'so we interviewed xxxx' they say 'so we were hanging out with xxxx'.

Trying to hard lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Didn't sleep well at all. Woke up at 4, then 5:24 and I'm still awake now waiting for my alarm to go off

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

nicki11 wrote: »
    Didn't sleep well at all. Woke up at 4, then 5:24 and I'm still awake now waiting for my alarm to go off

Similar, have a cough the past few days that is annoying me, awake on & off thru the night!

At least I had to be in work early anyway today to leave early so not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

kfallon wrote: »
    Similar, have a cough the past few days that is annoying me, awake on & off thru the night!

I've had a bit off a fever lately but it's probably stress related as I have an important meeting later. Now I'm worried I'll be too tired as its supposed to be after 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Ads on radio to drive with EXTRA care this weekend.

That Stop Sip Sleep one annoys me - 'stop, have a coffee' outside of major urban centres I don't think you'll be able to get coffee at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

When that person driving very slow in front of you takes the turn off you were going to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That Stop Sip Sleep one annoys me - 'stop, have a coffee' outside of major urban centres I don't think you'll be able to get coffee at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning.

It annoys me too for the sleep part. If I have ever dozed off unbeknownst to myself during the day I'm groggy as hell after it, totally messes me up.

I fell asleep on the bed after 9 last night after reading to the little one. I woke up almost 2 hours later and had to get up to put the dog out, and drag the bins around to the front of the house:(
    OH uses an old mobile phone for it's alarm that goes off at 5.15 every morning. He went away last night and left the phone set to go off. Three times I pressed stop as opposed to snooze and it still kept going. I ended up bringing it downstairs in a rage a burying it under a pile of cushions on the sofa. Couldn't get back to sleep for ages and am like a zombie now FML

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I posted this before but when daddy lexie got sick, we kept that on the QT, as he didn't want to be the topic of the "did ya hear himselfs on the way out" gossip. It was completely private until towards the end but my Facebook friends, save for his nieces/nephews and my best friends, wouldn't have known he had cancer much less he was dying. So I'm Facebook friends with an aul one that lived in the U.K. She'd know my dad but wouldn't have seen him in years and wouldn't be close to him. So my dad was given the last rites, was moved to hospice and taken off all meds and started on the morphine pump. It was curtains for him, basically. I changed my profile pic to my fav one of me and him. His niece in oz commented saying it was a lovely pic, to stay strong and how proud he was of me and to remember that. Few other comments of it being a nice pic and thoughts were with us.
    First of all I couldn't believe the people who actually messaged me to ask what's wrong - have a little bit of consideration. But, got a message from this aul one asking what was going on. Explained dad had cancer, was in final stages and was given hours/days. No sooner did I have her told until she had a status up about how devastated she was to hear about her close friend daddy lexie who was being called home to the angels tonight, and how she wasn't ready to say goodbye. She named him and she'd be friends with loads of people from our town. I was devastated but so angry because we had kept my dads private business private and she took it upon herself to announce his impending death for likes and comments.

What I found burying both parents is there's people who seem to get off on the thrill of a sad story. People who wouldn't speak to you on a day to day basis but as soon as there's a tragedy, they're chief mourner. In fact, one man at my dads removal took the time out to sympathise with my brother (he was first I was second) and curiosity got the better of him he couldn't even wait to sympathise with me and move out of the que and gossip with others, he asked my brother straight out what was wrong with my dad, what killed him.

I'm probably over sensitive to it and maybe it's not as crass as I think it is but it really really really grinds my gears. Be that nice to the person when they're alive. Don't wait til they're dead to go to their house to eat sandwiches. Do it when they can enjoy the company.

TA: clearly people who love a good funeral and also my hand is numb

Folk are weird around funerals. When I was growing up, there was a girl that lived around the corner that I would have been freinds with, I actually dated her sister for a while. But over the years we lost contact and lives drifted in different directions.

Over the last few years she had bumped into my mam a few times and keeps telling her that she lives around the corner from me now, but I never say hello.
    I honestly have never seen her in my area.

At my dads funeral, after exiting the church, I think I was still following the coffin, she steps out in front of me, shakes my hand and says rather loudly "Do you remember me now!"

What's even more TA about this is that it's probably the thing that I remember most about the funeral :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

nicki11 wrote: »
    kfallon wrote: »

I've been up since 2 this morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I've been up since 2 this morning :mad:

Nothing wrong with the ould 'mechanics' down below so, one less thing for you to be worrying about......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

That ad annoys me as well because it should be Stop Sleep Sip. The coffee is supposed to wake you up so how are you going to have a nap after having one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    That ad annoys me as well because it should be Stop Sleep Sip. The coffee is supposed to wake you up so how are you going to have a nap after having one?

I assumed it's because it takes 15 minutes for the caffeine to actually take effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I noticed I had 999,995 miles up on the car the other day, and was so excited to see it get to 999,999. Forgot all about it and it has gone past 100,000 now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

73Cat wrote: »
    I noticed I had 999,995 miles up on the car the other day, and was so excited to see it get to 999,999. Forgot all about it and it has gone past 100,000 now :(

Howd you go from 999,999 to 100,000 :P :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

73Cat wrote: »

WTF are you driving, an old Mercedes 300D?? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement