Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    Stupid Google, you and your stupid 'security features'!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just because I'm logging in from a different computer, considering I'm using the correct email address and password, despite my answering correctly a number of frankly irrelevant questions, it doesn't mean I'm a different person!! I really don't see why I should give you another email address or my mobile number just to get access to my own email. And when I do and you send me the 'unlock code', you still tell me it's wrong and you still refuse to let me access my messages. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait 'til I get home... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rinse, and repeat!!!!!!!!!!!

And this time it's from a computer I used before, so there really is NO excuse.

Stop phishing/fishing for personal data, Google!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

73Cat wrote: »
    I noticed I had 999,995 miles up on the car the other day, and was so excited to see it get to 999,999. Forgot all about it and it has gone past 100,000 now :(

Reminds me of when I bought a 1972 MGB.
    When I was collecting it I asked the guy what mileage is on it. He said 'whatever mileage you want it to be'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Howd you go from 999,999 to 100,000 :P :P

I don't know , am I wrong there haha ? There is 100001 miles up on it now anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

People who expect the IT help desk to go step by step to show them how to print from there laptop....... You click print you swap your card on printer on it prints ..... Why cant people understand it at all ?. AHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I used to love coffee but had to give it up while pregnant. I finally got to drink coffee again but I think my taste buds are broken because it just doesn't taste the same. I'll still drink it, but I just don't enjoy it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

People who expect the IT help desk to go step by step to show them how to print from there laptop....... You click print you swap your card on printer on it prints ..... Why cant people understand it at all ?. AHHHHH

TA I don't know what "swap your card on printer" means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

TA I don't know what "swap your card on printer" means?

Swipe maybe? I know some printers you swipe a card and your documents print

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Yes, we switched over to a setup like that lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

That's it, we have that system at work where you swipe your ID badge on the printer. Stupid card reader's often down and you've to sign in manually using a really crap touchscreen instead....

Ah, safecom or something. Fair enough.

• Advertisement

Why can't it be 5:30 already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Why can't it be 5:30 already?

I'm off at 4,:pac: and it's dragging. I was really busy this morning and now I'm just waiting for another unit to get back to me so I can proceed with my next task....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I'm off at 4,:pac: and it's dragging. I was really busy this morning and now I'm just waiting for another unit to get back to me so I can proceed with my next task....

Same for me crazy busy from 8 to about 12.30. Then it dies at 12.30 on Friday as everyone around me is heading home but I am stuck here to 4.30 and i hope something breaks ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

On the independent.ie website, at the bottom is always this advert for dentistry.

get a healthy summer smile.

anyway yer wan looks like she either just woke up from a general anesthetic and is being told to smile, or just ate a bunch of hash cookies.

theres no sound on the ad, but just by looking I hear her going hhnyuuurrr.

stay out of my dreams freak aulone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Wildcard indecision with my fantasy football team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Poxy emergency tax when you already rang the revenue last month and they told you it was sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

MEN.

1. Who decide in their "infinate" wisdom to move something I left in what to me is the right place to somewhere else that means more work for me.

2. Volunteer "advice" on a topic, said advice has been disregarded as not the solution, which is how he heard about it.

3. Men volunteering "advice" in general, or as I call it, not applicable/done and not worked/bleeding obvious.
    :mad::rolleyes::(:(:(

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Blokes walking around with their hand down the front of their usually baggy tracksuit bottoms.

"Yes - your tiny penis is still there!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭gifted

When I go to a cafe and order a full breakfast...they bring me my full brekkie plus two toast.....yet when I go in with another person and we both order the full breakfast , we get 3 toast between us ggrrr...

Three of us went for breakfast this morning and three full brekkie ordered and 4 slices of toast between us..gggrrrr

Told the waitress and she asked do I want to order an extra portion of toast, told her we were left short 2 slices and she looked at me sideways....brought me out one extra slice lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

These 'street food' places where you sit down and they serve you the food in the paper takeaway containers, and then a bowl or plate to pour the food into.

What a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Some roundabouts have a slightly raised kerb on the outside of the roundabout, so HGV's can get around them, why do people think they are a footpath in the middle of the road and skip on to them when the lorry approaches YES I did blow you out of it, dipstick, get off your phone and cop on, grrrr (sorry if I woke you up if you're reading this)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

People who don't live in your shoes, but judge your opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Pharmacies getting prescriptions wrong.

Feeling absolutely exhausted and with lower back pain, itchy dry eyes (and an even drier mouth) and having to do the grocery shop.
    When I'm feeling like that, I have zero patience for anyone.
    I get cranky and irritated and just want to go home and sleep for a month.

Wanting pizza and chips for dinner but not having pizza or potatoes and having to settle for leftover bolognese and pasta when it's not what I really wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Rewatching a box set US series.

Just seen a man shot through the head at point blank, blood pissing from his head wound, in a storyline involving drugs. Theres a fight scene too where two guys beat the shyte out of each other.

Yet...they censor the word f.uck.

Same thing with songs for some reason. In a world of news of the deaths of 20 here and sex trafficking there, rape cases, suicide bombings and so on, some people somewhere still feel the need (mostly in the US) to filter out words that might be too strong for my likkle ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Feeling like a ball of sh1te. Hopefully 2 paracetamol and 2 hot whiskey 'chasers' will improve things exponentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

People who stop dead in the middle of the path, or shopping centre. GET THE EFF OUT OF MY WAY, my God it just drives me up the wall. Do they think they are the only people walking? I'd walk into them, only I don't want to hurt myself;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I assumed it's because it takes 15 minutes for the caffeine to actually take effect?
    Not if you're like me. I can feel it straight away and wont sleep for hours. My mother could drink a mug of coffee and sleep like a baby but I'm very sensitive to caffine.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Didn't put my piercings in for a while, so two of them have closed up :(

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Not if you're like me. I can feel it straight away and wont sleep for hours. My mother could drink a mug of coffee and sleep like a baby but I'm very sensitive to caffine.

Yeh it wouldn't even have an effect on me after the 15 mins. I'd be like your mam. Just that's what I guessed it meant to explain the order they suggest it.

TA: I'm all dizzy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Pizza weight from a week of eating crap food due to a house move. I swear to god I get away with nothing these days :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement