Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

Enjoying a spring day yesterday, 29 April 2017, and came across this.

Feck off, Dunnes Cornelscourt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Not being able.
    I'm able for nothing.
    I'm on a mad cleaning buzz but need a nap.
    I'm hungry but not in the mood to eat.
    I want to be wrapped up like a little tortilla in a fluffy blanket but also want to be outside in the cold fresh air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Back to the painting 4 coats and me painting for 6 hours the walls look like I have barely went near them fml.

Goal is 2 more coats and die bed for the night as to make it worse this is only 1/2 of what needs to be done.

The joys of irish 1940s houses they where made well ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

was in a pharmacy earlier today. woman comes in after me. instead of standing behind me, she stood right next to me at the counter while I was being served and proceeded to ask for what she wanted as the cashier was taking my money and giving me my change. and the cashier happily engaged with her as if I wasn't there.
    it was the pharmacy in our localTesco. I wont be using it again.
    I'm tired of shoulder surfers in every flipping shop in this flipping town. basic manners and courtesy are all but gone there days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The rain on a may bank holiday weekend is a bit of a big feckin TA to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My beer is too warm *sigh*

Trying to enjoy a quiet night without people blowing up my phone. Woman's just trying to pull herself together, leave me alone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

All the music tv channels take breaks at the same time..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Might be just me but when you burp and hiccup at the same time.Happened 10 mins ago.Totally unexpected and took a minute to feel normal again.Its like someone hit the reset button.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Might be just me but when you burp and hiccup at the same time.Happened 10 mins ago.Totally unexpected and took a minute to feel normal again.Its like someone hit the reset button.

If you fart at the same time it's the equivalent of "Ctrl Alt Delete"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

was in a pharmacy earlier today. woman comes in after me. instead of standing behind me, she stood right next to me at the counter while I was being served and proceeded to ask for what she wanted as the cashier was taking my money and giving me my change. and the cashier happily engaged with her as if I wasn't there.
    it was the pharmacy in our localTesco. I wont be using it again.
    I'm tired of shoulder surfers in every flipping shop in this flipping town. basic manners and courtesy are all but gone there days.

I love shops that let you pack yourself up fully and leave the till before they engage the next customer. I'm not someone who takes ages, I'm not standing there chatting about the weather or anything, but I like to be able to pack my shít away and leave the counter before the person at the till starts firing through the next person's shopping.
    It's why I love self service tills.

On a side note, I really hate it when I approach the till in a shop and say "hello" and the person at the till doesn't even acknowledge me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My boyfriend is in hospital so I was bringing him some clothes today. I left my phone charger in the bag so now I have to save my battery until tomorrow afternoon when I see him again. I'll be lost without my phone. It's annoying that I'm so reliant on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Hidden agendas and Passive-Aggressiveness.
    Either be trustworthy or jog on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA that, in a conversation earlier, I forgot my own age. Am I so old that the memory is going or so young that age has no relevance? Pah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Forgot to turn my alarm off this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The Lakeside hotel is around for decades and very popular as a wedding venue. Being a local I know. Relax mods I'm not here to trash a business.

As a local I also know that Ballina is in Tipp and Killaloe is in Clare and the mighty river Shannon is the border between

So what is this nonsense??? Has there been an invasion into the Premier County nobody told me about. Why list two different towns, you cannot be in two towns

The hotel is in Ballina Co Tipp and I don't know what management are trying to pull here :confused:
    Lakeside Hotel
    Ballina, Killaloe
    Co. Clare
    Ireland

http://www.lakesidehotel.ie/location

I thought Ballina was in Mayo :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I thought Ballina was in Mayo :o

There's more than one Ballina :p

So I was right \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

It's a bit like Waterford golf course is in killkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

KatW4 wrote: »
    My boyfriend is in hospital so I was bringing him some clothes today. I left my phone charger in the bag so now I have to save my battery until tomorrow afternoon when I see him again. I'll be lost without my phone. It's annoying that I'm so reliant on it.
    Hit Dealz for a cheap charger to keep you going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Plugged in my laptop before going for my walk.

Just home and heading back out and noticed I hadn't actually plugged in the power -.-

Reason I need my laptop?

I'm on call. In IT.

>.>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Power cut in the gaff since last night. Fuse blown. House alarm beeping all night. Had to use ear plugs with vaseline cause the beeps were giving me twitches.

Thankfully power is now back up and running. But jaysus, we don't half take our cookers/showers/tellys for granted, do we? It's one thing you never want to be without is electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People telling me to take an antihistamine to overcome my hayfever symptoms(not the answer and side effects are brutal)

The plike that swore at my "daughter" when she said she wouldn't get a bus miles away from her house to meet a guy for a blind date when he wouldn't travel closer to her. How the h3ll did he think that would make a good impression.

Doing all the exercises needed to keep all my sore bits healthy, but by doing those it emphasis my fat bits.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Both of my eyelids are twitching non-stop.

It doesn't get more TA-ing than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Took the new lawnmower for a spin today in the fine weather. 3 minutes in, hit a root and bent the blade at 90 degrees. Had to go buy a new blade and fit it because I couldn't leave the grass half cut. FFS.
    Shortly afterwards belted my forehead off the open window leaving a lovely red welt across my head. Today has not been kind to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Abso hung out my arse feel like someone has put their hands inside my stomach and scraped away my insides with their 9inch fingernails. Have to be up at 6:20 not happy. Dog is keeping me awake by attacking one of his teddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Being an adult child of divorce and still being caught in the middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Why can't I be asleep?

• Advertisement

Back ache

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement