Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have a cold and my 8 week old is having a Sleep On Mammy day. TA'd that I keep waking him up despite my best efforts to hold the sneezes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Samsgirl wrote: »
    fried unicorn for dinner.

Wait what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

My 4 year old throwing a tantrum because I am unable to russle up some fried unicorn for dinner.

TA you haven't checked out the Tesco Finest Unicorn Sausages range. Can (s)he read? :rolleyes: Or maybe LIDL Unicorn & pork burgers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

I got a key cut today to replace the one that I accidentally left in a pocket of something that went in the washing machine and subsequently fecked up the machine when it went through the drum like a bullet, anyways, I just tried the key in the door and yer wan in the shop didn't cut it right so now I'll have to go back to the shop tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The water from the water cooler is too cold and hurting my sore throat :(

TA that I also posted this in the 'Happy' thread in error, but thankfully got it in time... phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

My 4 year old throwing a tantrum because I am unable to russle up some fried unicorn for dinner.

Now's your time to get some food that's really good for her that you think she'd never eat and convince her it's fried unicorn!

I'm thinking mashed brocolli with baby corn (these can be mini horns!) :D
    Use purple food colouring if needed.

TA that I was using the Luas strike to get out of something on Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Tins of pears. Why is there always at least on pear half that's hard as the hobs of hell? It doesn't matter what brand or cost. Every tin has at least one that's inedible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

When you order a DVD from a certain games store from another branch. When they finally get it in after several weeks it's a different movie version to the one on their web site with the same title. You then refuse to buy it but can't be arsed explaining to them what the problem is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

edbrez wrote: »
    When you order a DVD from a certain games store from another branch. When they finally get it in after several weeks it's a different movie version to the one on their web site with the same title. You then refuse to buy it but can't be arsed explaining to them what the problem is.

People who give off a mugger vibe. It is especially unnerving when you notice them following you when you remove yourself from the initial situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

mother-in-law came by for a chat... that should be enough but no, this time she cleaned the bathroom while she was in there!

WTF is she saying? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

eating salty crisps with a cut on my thumb

• Registered Users Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

god's toy wrote: »
    mother-in-law came by for a chat... that should be enough but no, this time she cleaned the bathroom while she was in there!

WTF is she saying? :confused:

She had a dodgy curry last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Night shifts.

People that spend years in jobs they absolutely despise. This annoys me.

Last night I went to such a place where I'm familiar with the workers. Was the first time I saw some of them in 3 - 4 years. What most told me was how much they hated working there and how awful it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Facebook posts from someone who has recently pro-created. The smugness is just too much for me. I mean, I love kids and cant wait to have my own and all that but this woman is just píssing me off now. Every day there are posts that basically tell all the childless people that they haven't lived yet. Today's gem is "if I could offer my friends one piece of advice (that they haven't asked for), it would be to have kids. You simply have not lived until you've had kids. Having kids makes you a good person" (we're all bad until we procreate it seems). The day before was "thank you God for this beautiful gift, I didn't realize I was only living a half life* before you gave me this gift from heaven", ah for fúck sake :p

* childless people are also radioactive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

women who assume because you are single you are "after" their man..

northgirl wrote: »
    women who assume because you are single you are "after" their man..

Or people who think you cant have a platonic relationship with a man! (Yes mother its you I'm talking about!)

Meghan Trainor

Putting on a black wash and finding you left a tissue in a pocket... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Facebook posts from someone who has recently pro-created. The smugness is just too much for me. I mean, I love kids and cant wait to have my own and all that but this woman is just píssing me off now. Every day there are posts that basically tell all the childless people that they haven't lived yet. Today's gem is "if I could offer my friends one piece of advice (that they haven't asked for), it would be to have kids. You simply have not lived until you've had kids. Having kids makes you a good person" (we're all bad until we procreate it seems). The day before was "thank you God for this beautiful gift, I didn't realize I was only living a half life* before you gave me this gift from heaven", ah for fúck sake :p

Wait until the sleepless nights kick in, or the kid's tantrums. Mark my words, their updates will slowly change and before you know it, there will be updates such as

"God, I didn't know what tired was until now".. and

"I can't wait until the kids go back to school".

You can have an internal chuckle then!

My TA is not bad driving in general, but a specific one. And that is, as you are driving in the overtaking lane, at a speed which is overtaking the left lane, leaving a sufficient space between you and the car in front.. when a **** in the left lane pulls up, indicates and squeezes into the space, forcing you to break. Happened twice today - total ***holes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Having kids makes you a good person? I'm a grumpy cow right now because I have a cold and the little fella is post vaccine cranky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA at people who seem to think it is ok to give unsolicited advice. Get off yer high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

"if I could offer my friends one piece of advice (that they haven't asked for), it would be to have kids.
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Wait until the sleepless nights kick in, or the kid's tantrums. Mark my words, their updates will slowly change and before you know it, there will be updates such as

Yeah then it'll be, "if I could offer my friends one piece of advice it would be to take it up the wrong 'un!" :pac:

TA'd there's no LUAS today to bring me to Jervis at lunchtime :(

When filing I find I have to recite the alphabet each time - especially near the end :o

northgirl wrote: »
    When filing I find I have to recite the alphabet each time - especially near the end :o

I find I can remember the alphabet in blocks, so I'll have to recite A-G, and then for (say) filing anything after G, I'll have to recite H-P, then Q-V, then W-Z. :confused::pac:

Edit: just realized that what's happening is I am remembering it as the song we were taught! So, I sing the alphabet. 31 years of age and I feckin sing the alphabet still.

Or people who think you cant have a platonic relationship with a man! (Yes mother its you I'm talking about!)

My dad is like this and it drives me bonkers trying to explain to him. He gets away with it because he's old school.

Me: I'm off to visit my friend *** in Galway for the night
    Daddy: Oh. Who?
    Me: You know, ***
    Daddy: Ah right. And would you not have him as a boyfriend?
    Me: No.
    Daddy: Well you know yourself. Be careful now. (that's daddy speak for don't have unprotected sex)

Or.

Me: I'm going to hang out with *****
    Daddy: Oh yes *****. How is he?
    Me: Not a bother on him.
    Daddy: Is he still not married?
    Daddy: Would the pair of yee not get married?

Ah the daddy. Great auld craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

My dad is like this and it drives me bonkers trying to explain to him. He gets away with it because he's old school.

Me: I'm off to visit my friend *** in Galway for the night
    Daddy: Oh. Who?
    Me: You know, ***
    Daddy: Ah right. And would you not have him as a boyfriend?
    Daddy: Well you know yourself. Be careful now. (that's daddy speak for don't have unprotected sex)

Or.

Me: I'm going to hang out with *****
    Daddy: Oh yes *****. How is he?
    Me: Not a bother on him.
    Daddy: Is he still not married?
    Daddy: Would the pair of yee not get married?

Ah the daddy. Great auld craic.

I do this to me kids just for the divilment, great craic watching them trying to figure out if I'm serious or not

21/25

uch wrote: »
    I do this to me kids just for the divilment, great craic watching them trying to figure out if I'm serious or not

My dad does be serious. Ah but he's 73 and my mam was his first and only love. He doesn't get this newfangled dating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

uch wrote: »

Ha, I often do the "your mother and I are going on a date night"

The replies are gas.

"You're sick", "aargh vomit" and the classic, "don't be so gay!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Seemingly the kid of a FB acquaintance just had her first tooth today. And the poor little mite was in an awful way last night.

Thank god for FB. I would have never known otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement