Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Why can't I be asleep?
    Back ache

Your TA is the answer to my TA question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Mine is only TA thank god shannon, more stiff and uncomfortable right now. Yours sounds horrific, it's horrible you're so young suffering so much with it. I hope you get some sleep tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Showing up to dinner unaware it was a blind date. :eek:

Then being judged for my clothing :confused:

Give me some warning next time! :mad:

(oh right :D I wouldnt've shown up at all! ....well :rolleyes: how did your way work out? :p awkward!!!)

Mine is only TA thank god shannon, more stiff and uncomfortable right now. Yours sounds horrific, it's horrible you're so young suffering so much with it. I hope you get some sleep tonight

Didn't get any sleep. Very TA this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

B00! wrote: »
    Showing up to dinner unaware it was a blind date. :eek:

Then being judged for my clothing :confused:

Give me some warning next time! :mad:

(oh right :D I wouldnt've shown up at all! ....well :rolleyes: how did your way work out? :p awkward!!!)

There is very little that makes me angry. But I would have seen red if this was me!

• Advertisement

Feel like something is in my eye for days and drops aren't working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

RTE are trolling me.

RTE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Realising that the third series of TV show I love has returned at a stupid hour of the morning, there were no ads that I saw to say it was coming back on and I have missed the first three episodes. This particular Irish TV channel is always doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,668 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

73Cat wrote: »
    Realising that the third series of TV show I love has returned at a stupid hour of the morning, there were no ads that I saw to say it was coming back on and I have missed the first three episodes. This particular Irish TV channel is always doing this.

Why wouldn't you mention the show and the channel?

Guilty pleasure perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why wouldn't you mention the show and the channel?

Guilty pleasure perhaps?

:)
    Gotham on RTE2 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Barely slept last night due to 5 month old (not even complaining about that), so I'm kinda tired.

Nipped down to the shop to grab a mineral to perk me up (4 coffees haven't really done anything), aiming for a can of Edge energy drink for €1, has a only €1 big thing around the top.
    Get back to desk, sit down, about to open can and realise I grabbed Pepsi MAX!?!
    (Black can with yellow €1 flash on it, instead of black can with orange €1 flash.)

I genuinely didn't know Pepsi max was still on sale, and I definitely did not want to buy it to try and revive me.

ARG! :mad:

Will try and drop back later and see if they'll swap it for me; will be incredibly TA's if they don't; could verge on TH if they do

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Office Air Conditioning Wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Went out to the shop for sweets and there was this aul lad sitting outside the pub, I was walking past thinking how it's a grand day to be sitting outside in the lovely weather, when he shouted "ya are lovely lookin!!" But it took it a min to register what he said and automatically I replied "absolutely gorgeous!" Because my mind was so asleep and I was thinking how lovely the weather was and normally a random comment will be about the weather. When I realised what he said and what I replied I'm pure scarlet for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Growing out a fringe. Whyyyy did I get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

md23040 wrote: »
    Can't decide which numpty is the stupidest - the cyclist or lorry driver?

Last week in Donegal - click here for video link

The lorry driver. Clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Got 2 small items from Amazon which could have been sent safely in a small padded envelope but came in a cardboard box that could hold 20 each of them.

Seems a waste

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

I was in shop getting runners for my son and daughter. As there was 6 staff in the shop and we were the only customers I asked one of the other ladies could she show my daughter's runners, she told me No the other girl who was doing my son's runners would. Don't know if I'm more annoyed at her or myself for not having the balls to insist so I could get home quicker to make dinner and do kids homework

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I have said it before and I will say it again - people smoking in a kids playground. Muck savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Parents who let their kids get away with acting like little sh1ts. I was at a christening over the weekend and the amount of bratty teens was unreal. I walked into the venue and a brat came up and grabbed the card out of my hand. Another brat was glued to her phone all evening and when I asked her what she thought of the baby she said "eww he has gooey eyes and cradle cap". The mother stood beside her and laughed. Some parents need a good kick up the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

KatW4 wrote: »
    My boyfriend is in hospital so I was bringing him some clothes today. I left my phone charger in the bag so now I have to save my battery until tomorrow afternoon when I see him again. I'll be lost without my phone. It's annoying that I'm so reliant on it.
    I hate how expensive it is to replace chargers. The lead for my Ipad stopped working so I went into the shop to get a replacement. Twenty five euro for a scabby lead and it would be another twenty five euro if the plug part needed replacing :eek:

I'm using my sister's mac at the moment and don't know how to make a euro sign :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The recycling bin was out getting collected and muppet mc muppetson decides to put his recycling in the glass bin. WTF like? All he had to do was go outside to the other bin but, no that would be too traumatic for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There is a lad in my job who has avocados for his lunch every day. He mashes them up and has them with smoked salmon and cream cheese on bagels or whatever. And every time he prepares his lunch, he fcuking DESTROYS the two clean tea towels that the cleaners leave in the break room. Every single every day.

There is a roll of paper towels in the breakroom, right beside the kettle...but does he use them to wipe his green gooey hands and knives with? Does he fcuk ! He works from 7-3, so he takes his lunch a lot earlier than the rest of us. The green goo that we have to face, when we go in to prepare our own lunches or wash off a plate, REALLY pisses me off. We tried telling him that the tea towels are for all of us to use and, are for drying dishes primarily, but he just doesn't give a toss.

One tries not to be a Canteen Nazi about things like this, but typical mammys boys who have never had to clean up anything in their entire lives, GET. ON. MY. WICK ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

ProudDUB wrote: »
    There is a lad in my job who has avocados for his lunch every day. He mashes them up and has them with smoked salmon and cream cheese on bagels or whatever. And every time he prepares his lunch, he fcuking DESTROYS the two tea towels that the cleaners leave in the break room. Every single every day.

There is a roll of paper towels in the breakroom, right beside the kettle...but does he use them to wipe his green gooey hands and knives with? Does he fcuk ! He works from 7-3, so he takes his lunch a lot earlier than the rest of us. The green goo that we have to face, when we go in to prepare our own lunches or wash off a plate, REALLY pisses me off. We tried telling him that the tea towels are for all of us to use and, are for drying dishes primarily, but he just doesn't give a toss.

One tries not to be a Canteen Nazi about things like this, but typical mammys boy who has never had to clean up anything in their lives, GET. ON. MY. WICK ! :mad:

Go in and take/hide the tea towels before his lunch tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

kfallon wrote: »
    Go in and take/hide the tea towels before his lunch tomorrow!

Yeah, that thought had occurred but it seems a tad petty, like confiscating a bold childs toy. Plus, when I start work at 10, I'm usually so busy between 10 & 11, I've too much to be doing to be keeping track of whether or not El Gobshyte has had his lunch yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

TA is having 'one of those days'. Getting out of shower and turn around and wallop my shoulder off the towel rack. Then my contact lense won't go in properly. Then I spray perfume in my face and mouth because the nozzle was turned and I didn't realize. Went to work, realized my gym class was booked with an instructor I can't stand, so cancelled it. The soup I got for dinner was disgusting, and to top it all off, the ice cream I thought might make it all better was gone all melty, so had to be binned for fear of food poisoning..... Many TAs :)

TA at no sleep.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    TA at no sleep.

Still TA'd at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When you work in a global company, and you're replying to all in a big email chain, and spell check goes through every name on the CC list as their names are not English words!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Yeah, that thought had occurred but it seems a tad petty, like confiscating a bold childs toy. Plus, when I start work at 10, I'm usually so busy between 10 & 11, I've too much to be doing to be keeping track of whether or not El Gobshyte has had his lunch yet.

Nah petty is repeatedly using the towels even though he's been asked not to.
    I'd remove the towels no questions asked. Actually I'd go full Tom Petty and remove the kitchen roll too!

My TA for today, I've come in, to a 15 email long chain, the email sent to me said "can you advise on the below?".

My reply was, "you've got to be kidding me, summarise it at least and I'll take a look". I might be in trouble for that but the person in question has been dragged up over doing this before, but there were quite a few senior folk on the cc list. In my defense each email was paragraph long, it's like reading a book. Let's ride this one out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you work in a global company, and you're replying to all in a big email chain, and spell check goes through every name on the CC list as their names are not English words!

What's worse is when people splinter off from the mail chain and then come back to it expecting everyone to know of the secret of chain discussions.

I'm trying to bring back 3 or 4 splinter chains at the moment to the original mail thread which is a pain in the hoop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement