Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Rant Alert !!!!

I'm Coeliac which is a pain in the hoop literally. A tiny crumb of anything breaded or flour gives me an upset stomach for days. When I fly I have to bring food cos budget airlines and even posh ones don't provide any gf options.

So imagine my annoyance when some smart alec on twitter implies that a coeliac being given a banana as a meal while everyone else on the flight gets a hot meal is upsetting hipsters.

I fookin hate being Coeliac. I'd love to eat bread, cakes and pastries and not have to explain myself to every waiter I meet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I hate when I have to use something directly out of the dishwasher, it doesn't get the chance to be put away clean.
    I am having a dozy day today. I called into a shop that has been having a closing down sale for awhile now. Pulled the door and it wouldn't open, so assumed they must be shut down now There were people around so I didn't want to look like a twat. When I got home I checked the Facebook page and they are still open. I remembered then that you have to push the handle down on the door and then pull it FFS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Colleagues being BRIARLIKE cause the sun puts them in a bad mood, so we all have to suffer too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Meeting an amazing person in very weird circumstances not long after separating from a long term partner (amicably)...and completely ruining their possible attempt to create a reason to meet again. Even more TA, feel very arrogant to even think that's what he was doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Taxing my car :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Taxing my car :(

Taxing my old car annoyed me 200 every 3 months, this car is only 190 for the year :D

Working in an office thats approx 30 degrees on days like today annoy the hell out of me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who stop in traffic, wait a few seconds, and then pull forward about 6 feet. Just feckin stop in the right place the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gob****es!
    You know the sort of gob****e who goes in to "Car Batteries R Us" and asks for a
    Candy floss and gets All upset when you tell him we dont sell candy floss. Sometimes they even argue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The warm weather outside means lets turn on the heat and make it even hotter in the office !!!!.

Why cant i control the heat in the office ?. I wont it ice cold like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Waiting. I'm not built for it. It builds a rage inside me. What's even more annoying I know it's my rage and reaction that's unreasonable and not being expected to wait but I actually can't. I have no patience :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sunglasses leaving a red mark on my nose and ruining my make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Loud smelly people coming to my desk. Fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A lag between the audio and video on YouTube. It's like I'm watching something that's dubbed even though it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Loud smelly people coming to my desk. Fúck off.

Ah yes, the heat is nice, but unfortunately this increases the pong factor. Smelly bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Up all night and asleep all day. Gonna take a few days to try sort that out.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

My mothers inability to mind any piece of technology. Gone through 3 tablets in the last year and now her phone is cracked and the screen is dodgy in parts.

General TA is people with cracked phone screens. You don't deserve a €600 iPhone if you can't look after it god dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I haz crummy headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Getting direct snapchats over the last week of a distant friend on holiday. Have gotten four so far today. Snaps are all of her two year old, her two year old in the pool, eating an ice cream, asleep, covered in sun cream, eating, playing, in the pool again, dancing to music. Ffs I don't care. Nobody thinks your kid is as fabulous as you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Bought icecream for my team of six from Spar. Cost 7.30 or so. Just to be nice like, not often we get sunny days. I'm not supervisor or manager, just wanted to be nice

Yes they were not the most expensive brands but I had lots of variety - brunch, choc ice, loop da loop, etc

One guy moaning I had no magnums. Well they are the most expensive icecream and I'm buying a treat here.

The talking was going on and on, I said the icecream was melting which is actually true and so I gave it to the person who works on her own beside us and she was delighted.

Ungratefulness is my TA. The guy is a grade higher and earns more than me even!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Bought icecream for my team of six from Spar. Cost 7.30 or so. Just to be nice like, not often we get sunny days. I'm not supervisor or manager, just wanted to be nice

Yes they were not the most expensive brands but I had lots of variety - brunch, choc ice, loop da loop, etc

One guy moaning I had no magnums. Well they are the most expensive icecream and I'm buying a treat here.

The talking was going on and on, I said the icecream was melting which is actually true and do I it to the person who works her own beside us and she was delighted.

Ungratefulness is my TA. The guy is a grade higher and earns more than me even!

Unwrap the brunch and then stick it to his forehead! Tell him if there is anymore guff from the c?nt it'll be your fist making contact with his face next time.....not an ice-cream!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

anna080 wrote: »
    Getting direct snapchats over the last week of a distant friend on holiday. Have gotten four so far today. Snaps are all of her two year old, her two year old in the pool, eating an ice cream, asleep, covered in sun cream, eating, playing, in the pool again, dancing to music. Ffs I don't care. Nobody thinks your kid is as fabulous as you do.

That's a given really...

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Living in a student estate, current spell of good weather bringing everyone out to sit in their front gardens. Guys across the street are playing music fairly loudly, which is grand I'll happily open my window and listen along because they're playing some decent songs.

The TA though is that they let a song play for maybe 15 or 20 seconds, I'm just getting into it, and then they change it! Holy jebus just let me listen to the song

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

Taxi drivers who don't give you the exact change even if they had it. Bast*rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

kfallon wrote: »
    Unwrap the brunch and then stick it to his forehead! Tell him if there is anymore guff from the c?nt it'll be your fist making contact with his face next time.....not an ice-cream!

His forehead?Thought you'd find better spot for it kfallon..

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

waiting ALL DAY for a delivery to come!! (which still hasn't arrived!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Been stuck inside all day when the weather is lovely like it is today.

And not knowing if I should use 'been' or 'being' in the above sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

A radio presenter just pronounced "Severus Snape" (from Harry Potter) as Servius Smith"... :confused: I can understand not everyone is familiar with Harry Potter, however, he was reading from a Harry Potter news story so he probably had the name printed in front of him :confused:

Shops giving you receipts for small purchases, like a bottle of water that cost €1.15. I don't need or want a receipt for my bottle of water. Why don't you ask me if I want a receipt and I'll tell you I don't want a receipt! The shop in question prints out receipts that are a good 5 inches long because it obviously has to have all their logos and slogans and shíte on it too so that also annoys me, a bloody 5 inch long receipt for my bottle of water that cost €1.15 :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just put some cream on my elbows as I've a bit of a skin condition there.
    Put elbows on the desk pretty much straight away and both slipped outwards at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

Studying for my exams on a day like today:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Winterlong wrote: »
    Been stuck inside all day when the weather is lovely like it is today.

And not knowing if I should use 'been' or 'being' in the above sentence.

Being, but, been makes sense if you say "I have" in front of it

There's my grammar-Nazi'ing done for today :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement