Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I live on a farm so rats and mice are just a part of life. I absolutely hate them, I have had one rat and a few mice in the house down through the years and it's not f?cking pleasant! One of the dogs just killed a rat outside so I had to go out and move it (as I don't like the dogs eating them) and everytime I have to move one, I undoubtedly get pangs of guilt about the poor thing. He was just living his rat life, doing rat things and now he's dead. Now if I saw a live one right this minute I'd want it dead but when I see a dead one, I just feel so sad for it. I suppose at least I know I'm not a psychopath?

Also, because I just moved a dead rat, now everything looks like a dead rat, the brown bananas on the kitchen counter, that sock lying on the floor, the dog's tail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I removed my eyelash extensions and now my eyes feel naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

An undertaker smiled at me

Maybe he was mentally sizing you up:)

Start coffin, and see if he still smiles at you.

My TA, itchy eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hearing things said about yourself when the person talking to you hasn't a clue you're the person he's talking about. So you're saying one thing about me to me because clearly I'm not remotely like you're saying?? Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

"Powered by The Dole"/ "Powered by FAS" stickers on the back of cars.

Cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA time, moves much faster in london than dub which is 100 times faster than time in galway/mayo and 100x100 times faster than longford.
    Waiting on an email from dub, since tue, other from NI promised for next day on the thurs b4 may day bank hol(tho I know this one was working that weekend) a third from someone in rural galway since tue pm. Not a single phone no for any of them and one of them had the gall to say she didn't reply as she was working( isn't responding to work emails, work?). ALL of them holding ME up.

Bet all this will be forgotten about when their docs are late going out to them!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Going to the doc with an aching pain in my side that I've had for a week, only to be told that said pain is just me ovulating. Glad it's nothing serious but am TA'd because I'm pretty sure this exact scenario has happened me already before.
    Was in there trying to think of other things that were wrong with me to get my 40 euros worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Just back from an excruciating dinner with my folks who are visiting. We went to the local hotel. Ex boyfriend, his mum and another friend who hates me were there... Had to sit at a table close by because others were occupied, hoping through the entire meal that they wouldn't come over, especially as i broke contact with him 2 years ago for no reason, I'd been in an accident and re evaluated my life but never explained to him. Feel bad about it but don't want to explain in front of various parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My constant need to over think situations. I was behind a car earlier at the lights and they didn't move on the green arrow. I waited patiently, but knowing how quick these lights change I ended up giving a little beep. I realised it was an elderly man driving and then I felt like a cow for beeping. Maybe he had stuff on his mind, maybe his wife is sick and there am I beeping him :( I need to get a grip !

I found a blade of grass in my salad, the kind that has a fuzzy top on it.

I am seconds away from screaming like a looney at the neighbour's dog who is howling out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Everytime I hop into the car when wearing tracksuit pants, loose change falls out and goes down under the seat. There I am like an eejit either with my hand twisted feeling around for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

At a local supermarket this evening, child (around 11 or 12 maybe) is there doing shopping with his mother. He goes off and picks up 3 or 4 items, mainly sweets and 'junk food'.

Child: "Can we get these mom?"

Mother: "No Sean"

Child: "But please"

Mother: "No Sean"

That's grand anyway, the child doesn't do any more protesting. But then he proceeds to lump all 4 different items down on a shelf where NONE of them belong and they both just walk off.

He's lucky I didn't clock him over the head with a packet of Oreos

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tappman

On a one hour bus journey I'm trying to read to pass the time.
    A very loud guy sitting nearby makes a phone call. I find it hard to concentrate on the book.

The call ends and he makes another call and another and another...
    Some people should not be allowed to own a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Just back from an excruciating dinner with my folks who are visiting. We went to the local hotel. Ex boyfriend, his mum and another friend who hates me were there... Had to sit at a table close by because others were occupied, hoping through the entire meal that they wouldn't come over, especially as i broke contact with him 2 years ago for no reason, I'd been in an accident and re evaluated my life but never explained to him. Feel bad about it but don't want to explain in front of various parents.

I read this wrong and thought you had gone to dinner with your folks, your ex boyfriend, his mum and a friend and was wondering why you were so annoyed about it if you willing went to dinner with them:o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

TA: People ranting and raving on Facebook and spelling every second word wrong. Did they even go to school???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Tappman wrote: »
    On a one hour bus journey I'm trying to read to pass the time.
    A very loud guy sitting nearby makes a phone call. I find it hard to concentrate on the book.

The call ends and he makes another call and another and another...
    Some people should not be allowed to own a phone

Roaring eejits and their mobile offices...

You should have scolded him, a bit like yer man Tony did to Fr Noel Furlong. That'll soften his cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

On diet. No nice food in ages.

Passed by chipper.

that faintly acidic burny scent, i could taste the grease in the air.

burnt finger tips, steamed car windows, the sweet sugary relief of cold ketchup on a hot tongue, the warmth of a vinegared paper bag on my balls, the crack of a coke can, the big fat bastard extra salty chip at the bottom.

Ohhh chipper nights, how i long for thee, rescue me with your regretful calories.

no. no. must....not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭gifted

greencap wrote: »
    On diet. No nice food in ages.

Passed by chipper.

that faintly acidic burny scent, i could taste the grease in the air.

burnt finger tips, steamed car windows, the sweet sugary relief of cold ketchup on a hot tongue, the warmth of a vinegared paper bag on my balls, the crack of a coke can, the big fat bastard extra salty chip at the bottom.

Ohhh chipper nights, how i long for thee, rescue me with your regretful calories.

no. no. must....not.

Do ya want ketchup with that??..lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

The dog rolled in badger ****. Again.
    And I'm too bucking tired to give him a bath at this hour, so he's up in bed in the kitchen now stinking the place out, and I'll have to face it all in the morning :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Would some Febreeze help? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

An absolute pr*ck on a bike just swung in front of me today, no indication - nothing. You are on a bike, probably for the first time in years, get over yourself, stick your hand out and signal. This is probably a man who, when he is driving complains about people who do not use their indicators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

'The fact that head & shoulders have not released a body wash named knees & toes disappoints me as much as I disappoint my parents'

-Shamelessly stolen from the twit machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

TAd at the company I work for.
    It has so much potential but its increasingly a toxic place to work.
    Time to update the CV.
    Almost a shame really.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not sure if my t-shirt has shrunk in the wash or I've I've gotten bigger :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I got an itch I cant scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Charity people with buckets asking for money. I don't carry any change or cash on me but when I tell you this they don't believe me. Who carries money anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Who carries money anymore?

Eh...lots of people still carry money!

Winterlong wrote: »
    Eh...lots of people still carry money!

I should rephrase that, who carries money that they don't need?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Millionaires? The Queen? People who has someone else to pay for them? ;)

New Home wrote: »

I'm fairly sure I dont come across as any of those things..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »

apparently she always carries a fiver in her purse. she can also use it as id

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement