Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

apparently she always carries a fiver in her purse. she can also use it as id

If Prince Philip needs to prove who he is, he just shows the tiara marks on his stomach ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    If Prince Philip needs to prove who he is, he just shows the tiara marks on his stomach ;)

I just spat tea everywhere laughing at this post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA'd at Eisenberg. I snorted with laughter at your last comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am going to kill this one in work today.

She does not won't to wall to the other pronternthat is 10 more steps away as the one next to here is broke. She thinks I can fix parts inside a printer.

She is not happy that I took her old laptop off her I told her you don't own it belongs to the company i work for and never put in a request to keep it for a extra 2 weeks and it's going back to my head office.

Her email is not working some how I post to know how to fix a back end to office 365 when I have a ticket open to get it fixed.

She has giveing out to my manger twice about me today and I am about to trow her laptop at her.

Just because I am the it dept does not mean I can fix everything to do with a computer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

submitted some of my last assignments via wetransfer.

in the brief "Please note: use your own cloud storage for submission, NOT the class Dropbox folder. Yousendit, Google Drive, Box and especially Mega are excellent alternatives to Dropbox"

me: perfect, wetransfer it is, just like the last three times I submitted work to him at the end of a term.

his reply was a forwarded copy of the email he got saying the files had been sent to him; after my nearly two hour upload of these files and this is a direct quote:

"Check the brief again- I don't accept WeTransfer"

No hi, no thanks, no sorry.

And more importantly no mention of wetransfer on his brief.

Now that's trivially annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Furious ! one of the branches of the company I work have transferred their calls to me since 11.30 am!
    Because they can't answer the phone and work the new it system at the same time > WTAF ?
    I'm in HQ and everyone is taking their calls while trying to the new system

Me in bed last night;

He's being very quiet. I wonder what he's thinking about. He's just staring in to space. Dunno now. Was I a bit crazy today? Why isn't he saying anything. I'll just lie here and read my book all nonchalant like.
    He might be deciding to break up with me. Gods imagine if he did. Ah but sure lookit then it obviously wasn't meant to be and anyway aren't you grand by yourself. But I'd miss him and be sad.

Him;
    There's no point in me changing the car now. It's got another few years in it.

Me;
    Hmm? Oh yes good thinking.

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Me in bed last night;

He's being very quiet. I wonder what he's thinking about. He's just staring in to space. Dunno now. Was I a bit crazy today? Why isn't he saying anything. I'll just lie here and read my book all nonchalant like.
    He might be deciding to break up with me. Gods imagine if he did. Ah but sure lookit then it obviously wasn't meant to be and anyway aren't you grand by yourself. But I'd miss him and be sad.

Him;

Me;

Reminds me of this.

advicecolumns.jpg

I just got a Double Decker. I was well excited about the Double Decker. The Double Decker was melted. I still ate the Double Decker. P0xy melted chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am going to kill this one in work today.

She does not won't to wall to the other pronternthat is 10 more steps away as the one next to here is broke. She thinks I can fix parts inside a printer.

She is not happy that I took her old laptop off her I told her you don't own it belongs to the company i work for and never put in a request to keep it for a extra 2 weeks and it's going back to my head office.

Her email is not working some how I post to know how to fix a back end to office 365 when I have a ticket open to get it fixed.

She has giveing out to my manger twice about me today and I am about to trow her laptop at her.

Just because I am the it dept does not mean I can fix everything to do with a computer

I got her email issue fixed no idea how i done it but its fixed !!!!.

She went to hug me i ran a mile ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Got a 99. Bubblegum syrup.

Ice cream not nice.
    They only used half a flake
    Syrup not nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Got a 99. Bubblegum syrup.

Ice cream not nice.
    They only used half a flake
    Syrup not nice.

Bad cones are very disappointing. There's an idea for an app telling you when you're passing near a garage selling good cones.

My TA: Friday afternoons clockwatching at work til its an acceptable time to bugger off. I can practically taste the first pint now, but time seems to be going backwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I dont think I have ever had a bad ice-cream. Ever.
    But TA at Lexie for putting the fear of God in me that I will have one and be forever disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sunny evening, weeks work is over and having a few pints in a beer garden, bliss. I don't smoke but hey each to their own. A few of our group smoke

Lady in the table next to us doing the passive aggressive cough cough waving hand in front of face routine

You are in a beer garden!! All through the winter and our 150 days of rain a year you didn't want the place but as soon as there is some sun you want to shift the smokers out

My TA is judgemental people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I literally broke the self service till in Dunnes. I'm some numpty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I am annoyed for a multitude of reasons

- people with animals they won't take care of. This boils my piss. Days like today and animals not with so much as water.

- sitting at 5pm on a fri evening in traffic waiting for the lights to change and having some dope walk down along the drivers side rattling a bucket for a charity.

- getting accosted on foot by a young lad from concern. Sorry I don't have time I say as I keep walking. "Not even 60 seconds?" No I'm about ten euro away from needing concern thanks.

- got a surprise vaccination today while at the nurses, feel like ****e now. Won't enjoy my kopperberg.

- moving a car belonging to someone so lanky they could sit in the backseat and drive. I was literally laying down on my back to reach the pedals. Doing a weird 1/2 sit up to peer over the steering wheel and reach pedals at the same time. Can't move the seat cause I'm only moving the car and it still no turn my seat and people get so annoyed with long legs if I move their seat up.

- this weather. No interest in anything, no interest in shopping in food or in life.

- realising 2013 was 4 years ago. How is it four years already?

- buying jeans and having to turn the leg up like 5 times because I'm too short - and they're short length. Hrmp.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don't like the new shampoo I just used and my hair now feels like arse. May as well have washed my hair in cow's piss for all the good it did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

This boils my piss.
    anna080 wrote: »
    I don't like the new shampoo I just used and my hair now feels like arse. May as well have washed my hair in cow's piss for all the good it did

So many brilliant phrases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

The Tell Me Your Holiday Plans Thread annoys me as a zero-plans-for-zilch person. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My car is big and red and apparently invisible today. I am driving through a roundabout and a car just stops short of pulling out under me, I can see him shudder to a halt. I am driving through a stop go system and a car drives towards me from the opposite direction. A young fella no more than ten on a sulky looks at me driving onto a roundabout and proceeds to gallop onto it too, right under me. A learner driver pulled out under me on the main road. I think I might stick flashing disco balls all over the car at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Feckin wind took away all the sunny day warmness today.

we only get 5 ****ing sunny days, and the bastard wind ruined one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Popcorn skin :mad:

(Just to clarify - the skin on popcorn kernels. Not some horrible dermal condition)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Annoyed I don't know what Popcorn skin is.

Actually the reason I came in here was to say I'm annoyed that I don't get that Message that's going around where a Band ask some dude to make them a Poster for their week's Gigs. I don't get it. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Instead of making an actual poster, the guy just printed out their messages. I hope he didn't charge them too much.

My TA is that I've loads to do but I'm too sleepy to do any of it but I have to do it tonight but I'm too sleepy, etc.

Annoyed I don't know what Popcorn skin is.

The brown bits on popcorn (the hard skin on the outside of the kernels) that are a floss/toothpick manufacturer's wet dream.

Im trivially annoyed by the inference made in the lyrics of that 'we should be sexual song'.

The female singer sings the following words .
    'I'm feeling sexual ''SO'' ''WE'' should be sexual.

Such female arrogance.

Oh, because YOU'RE feeling sexual WE SHOULD be sexual. Well lucky me, is that how it works.

Do you think a man could ever sing with such arrogance and frankness about an assumed automatic entitlement to sex.

If he did it would be like 'oh that misogynistic pig'. And probably be in the gangsta rap category.
    At most it would at most express a desire or plan, not an outright assumed right, a unilateral decision.

But because its a female its all giddy and pop and acceptable.

I'm feeling cold... so we should turn up the heating.
    I'm feeling hungry... therefore we should eat.
    I'm feeling tired of this town... therefore it is time to move.
    I have decided X, so we will do X.
    My decision is our decision.
    I decide for both of us.
    I am boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

New Home wrote: »
    My TA is that I've loads to do but I'm too sleepy to do any of it but I have to do it tonight but I'm too sleepy, etc.

Get an oul spotify playlist going, (my recommendation is alternative 90's!)turn it up to the last* and get stuck in! :D

*may not be possible if small children are involved.

greencap wrote: »
    Im trivially annoyed by the inference made in the lyrics of that 'we should be sexual song'.

The female singer sings the following words .
    'I'm feeling sexual ''SO'' ''WE'' should be sexual.

Such female arrogance.

Oh, because YOU'RE feeling sexual WE SHOULD be sexual. Well lucky me, is that how it works.

Do you think a man could ever sing with such arrogance and frankness about an assumed automatic entitlement to sex.

If he did it would be like 'oh that misogynistic pig'. And probably be in the gangsta rap category.
    At most it would at most express a desire or plan, not an assumed right.

But because its a female its all giddy and pop and acceptable.

I'm feeling cold... so we should turn up the heating.
    I'm feeling hungry... therefore we should eat.
    I'm feeling tired of this town... therefore it is time to move.
    I have decided X, so we will do X.
    My decision is our decision.
    I decide for both of us.
    I am boss.

Seriously? Did you listen to the next line?

I'm feeling sexual, so we should be sexual
    Just say you feel the way that I feel

Isn't that checking whether he (or she, I guess) feels the same way?

Also, there are plenty of comparable songs from a male perspective. Off the top of my head: I Want to Sex You Up (showing my age), Sexual Healing (and again). Both of those songs describe the guy's feelings, without explicitly saying - 'but only if you feel the same way right now'.

I really hope you were posting tongue in cheek, otherwise I think yourself and midlandsmissus should compare notes.

maudgonner wrote: »
    Seriously? Did you listen to the next line?

I'm feeling sexual, so we should be sexual
    Just say you feel the way that I feel

Isn't that checking whether he (or she, I guess) feels the same way?

Also, there are plenty of comparable songs from a male perspective. Off the top of my head: I Want to Sex You Up (showing my age), Sexual Healing (and again). Both of those songs describe the guy's feelings, without explicitly saying - 'but only if you feel the same way right now'.

I really hope you were posting tongue in cheek, otherwise I think yourself and midlandsmissus should compare notes.

Yeah I ''want'' ... to sex you up.
    When I get that feeling I ... ''want'' sexual healing.

Ill let it fly because of that 'say you feel the way that I feel line'.
    But watch yourselves, my mickey isn't a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

On the topic of song lyrics, I heard that old One Direction song today, Little Things, the lyrics! One line goes "you still have to squeeze into your jeans but you're perfect to me". If someone wrote that about me I'd literally punch them in the face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

submitted some of my last assignments via wetransfer.

in the brief "Please note: use your own cloud storage for submission, NOT the class Dropbox folder. Yousendit, Google Drive, Box and especially Mega are excellent alternatives to Dropbox"

me: perfect, wetransfer it is, just like the last three times I submitted work to him at the end of a term.

his reply was a forwarded copy of the email he got saying the files had been sent to him; after my nearly two hour upload of these files and this is a direct quote:

"Check the brief again- I don't accept WeTransfer"

No hi, no thanks, no sorry.

And more importantly no mention of wetransfer on his brief.

Now that's trivially annoying

There is not enough time left in today nor enough words in the world nor enough internet in my house for me to convey how not trivially annoyed I am about lecturers and their stupid faces.
    Me in bed last night;

Him;

Me;

I was just sitting here on my laptop looking at bikes on donedeal (basically a hobby of mine) and my husband and I said at the same time "did you see that fúcking trike on donedeal?", I don't believe in soulmates but I think that's as close to it as it gets:pac:

On song lyrics - does anyone get very annoyed by what the music gods bleep out of songs and what they deem acceptable?
    The line "honeys call me biggie, the condom filler" is acceptable on the radio but not the word "gun"? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement