Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Posting a friend a gift for her new baby - and hearing nothing back - wondering is the parcel lost or she is just too "busy" to text a 'thanks'. I know babies take up an awful lot of time, but it's a bit off isn't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

guy calls to the door doing some charity fundraiser to send him someplace to skydive. . this raising money for his holiday annpoys me. surely he should pay that himself

my GF gives him 5 euro . not even a thank you. ignorant git

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My taste buds are off. This coffee tastes like damned tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Winterlong wrote: »
    My taste buds are off. This coffee tastes like damned tea.

If you hold your nose....it won't taste of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

having fried egg for breakfast and the yoke burst as the egg went in the pan. Dog having egg for breakfast! Hate these weak eggs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

mewe wrote: »
    Get an oul spotify playlist going, (my recommendation is alternative 90's!)turn it up to the last* and get stuck in! :D

*may not be possible if small children are involved.

I love that playlist :D

TA that I'm out of any food I could eat for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

That lecturer from yesterday who wouldn't accept submissions through wetransfer?

Guess who received a confirmation email that my files had been downloaded from wetransfer?

Me. I did. After re-sending the files through a different service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

anna080 wrote: »
    On the topic of song lyrics, I heard that old One Direction song today, Little Things, the lyrics! One line goes "you still have to squeeze into your jeans but you're perfect to me". If someone wrote that about me I'd literally punch them in the face

An "old" One Direction song.....now I feel really ancient:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Lecturers who give you feedback on an assignment telling you you didn't do x or y when you did do x and y.
    I don't mind getting constructive feedback, I welcome it, however, I do mind getting feedback that makes it seem like the lecturer didn't even read my assignment properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

A very nice lady just whacked her car door off my car. I asked her to be more careful. She lost. her. ****. Lost it.

Actually this should be in the happy thread because it was bloody hilarious.

• Advertisement

A very nice lady just whacked her car door off my car. I asked her to be more careful. She lost. her. ****. Lost it.

Actually this should be in the happy thread because it was bloody hilarious.

And what annoys people like that even more is if you're totally calm and bemused by the situation. They want you to be up on the same level as them so they can feel justified in their rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Posting a friend a gift for her new baby - and hearing nothing back - wondering is the parcel lost or she is just too "busy" to text a 'thanks'. I know babies take up an awful lot of time, but it's a bit off isn't it??

Don't get cheesed off just yet. We got heaps of prrsents when our baby was born. Heaps upon heaps. I didn't text or ring anybody at the time, I honest to god didn't have the time. I just made a quick note of all the names and sent thank you cards a couple of months later.

TA - it's a beeeauuutiful day outside and I can't decide where to go walking. Waaaahhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

erica74 wrote: »
    And what annoys people like that even more is if you're totally calm and bemused by the situation. They want you to be up on the same level as them so they can feel justified in their rage.
    There's a difference being calm though and being passive aggressive. I remember losing my sh1t with a horrible bitch that worked in jack jones who after spending 20 mins making my life difficult due to their mistake told me to "have a nice day" as I was walking out of the store. That phrase was the straw that broke the camels back. On the outside it sounds friendly and customer focused but it was dripping with contempt. Of course then I'm the nutjob that lost her ah1t because someone said have a nice day but it was just being passive aggressive.

TA I'm still proper annoyed about that nearly three years later actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

erica74 wrote: »

I laughed out loud at her when she screamed (in a vury posh accent) "fock off you silly focking bitch" while beeping her horn furiously.

I hadn't even been nasty about her dinging my car which is what made it so bizarre. Just said could she be careful please and she lept on me.

Some people just get up in the morning looking for a fight. I would not have been as zen as you Whoops....would have been opening a super-can of rage on her for reacting like that to your polite request not to damage your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I laughed out loud at her when she screamed (in a vury posh accent) "fock off you silly focking bitch" while beeping her horn furiously.

I hadn't even been nasty about her dinging my car which is what made it so bizarre. Just said could she be careful please and she lept on me.

That's a typical response from someone who knows they're in the wrong. :D It's done to cover their embarrassment. Most people don't like a stranger pointing out stuff like that. They don't know how to handle it and the default response for a lot of people is aggression.

My TA - roadworks. Then when you try another route to avoid the roadworks, what do you come upon? More roadworks, separate from the first lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Just did 3 lines of quick pick in the lotto and they all contain the same number.

Silly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

did a quick pick for the daily millions draw last night. won nothing but if I had done the same numbers for the two o clock draw I would have won 500 euro.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Winterlong wrote: »
    Some people just get up in the morning looking for a fight. I would not have been as zen as you Whoops....would have been opening a super-can of rage on her for reacting like that to your polite request not to damage your car.

I read that, and this is the first thing I thought of.

:D

My TA - People who make an appointment with you for 3 o'clock for 2 hours, turn up a leisurely 15 minutes later than agreed, and don't leave until ten to seven. Seriously??:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Someone who is constantly struggling financially (i.e. Trying to get by on social welfare) and is regularly upset/frustrated by their situation/credit card bill/not having cash to "live life" with, going out buying iPhones on credit card, louboutins on credit card, 55 inch tv, a buggy that costs nearly a grand etc so that they can gloat over others who are using cheaper things. It's weird. I don't see any shame in buying what you can afford and living a comfortable life but don't understand the need to purchase "status" items and whinge and cry how unfair it is all your money's going on bills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Someone who is constantly struggling financially (i.e. Trying to get by on social welfare) and is regularly upset/frustrated by their situation/credit card bill/not having cash to "live life" with, going out buying iPhones on credit card, louboutins on credit card, 55 inch tv, a buggy that costs nearly a grand etc so that they can gloat over others who are using cheaper things. It's weird. I don't see any shame in buying what you can afford and living a comfortable life but don't understand the need to purchase "status" items and whinge and cry how unfair it is all your money's going on bills

I've a similar ish one, but it's someone in the opposite situation to the person you're talking about, in a good steady job, very privileged background, basic D4 head. Moaning about how they can "only" afford to save a grand a month. Fock right off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My eyeballs. I laugh, they stream down my face. I go for a walk on a breezy day , they stream down my face. A cold day, ditto. I'm paranoid that I look like an emotional wreck. It is just as well I don't wear mascara!

There's a difference being calm though and being passive aggressive.

Sure we all know that:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,744 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Al Porter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

73Cat wrote: »
    My eyeballs. I laugh, they stream down my face. I go for a walk on a breezy day , they stream down my face. A cold day, ditto. I'm paranoid that I look like an emotional wreck. It is just as well I don't wear mascara!

0jtbml9bqdjx.jpg

:D

A fox is using my garden for his toilet. Fox poo mushed in to the lawn mower is not sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,744 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Winterlong wrote:
    A fox is using my garden for his toilet. Fox poo mushed in to the lawn mower is not sweet.

My last Boxer could find fox poo at a remove of miles and would be joyfully rolling in it by the time I caught up.

Horrid, horrid stuff altogether. I used to be like Ace Ventura on the drive home, head out the window.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My last Boxer could find fox poo at a remove of miles and would be joyfully rolling in it by the time I caught up.

Horrid, horrid stuff altogether. I used to be like Ace Ventura on the drive home, head out the window.

Pressure washer on the lawnmower was my answer.
    Does not work so well on a Boxer.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Febreeze? :pac: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

New Home wrote: »
    Febreeze? :pac: :D

Are you getting royalties for Fe breeze?

Shake and vac?ðŸ˜

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement