Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Colser wrote: »
    Shake and vac?ðŸ˜

Ah come on, Colser - you know very well that'd be cruelty to animals... that poor dog... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

My ocd.

Sons friend was over today.He' is seven.Went to the toilet and after he left I went in to check and oh fook me he showered anything that wasn't a big fookin hole.

Half a pack of wipes gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Colser wrote: »
    Are you getting royalties for Fe breeze?

Shake and vac?ðŸ˜

Shake and vac - on a lawnmower?
    The neighbours would be selling popcorn to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Stoooped patronising women old enough to know better and who are paid to help with logging problems who say things like "I cant help you with your forgotten password, did you not write it down"? duh! if i wrote it down why would i be repeating my self to you when my screen timing out?
    Followed by "you are just panicking, take an hour and it will come to you", Cause im too stupid to think of that myself! if only my brain worked on demand!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Purchased 12 long neck bottles in a well known off license chain, brought bottles to the counter in a provided basket.

Cashier asks me would I like a bag.

In what world would I not.

Anyways.. I'm ta that an app on the home screen of my phone somehow has vanished and for the life of me, I can't remember what app is missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

On the topic of app 's, some of mine randomly change location on my phone.

I am used to seeing you 2nd from left on the bottom row. Now it's somewhere else. Phone is trolling me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I've managed to get deep heat in my eye :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Had to unfollow boards.ie on twitter, what used to be an informative account mainly about site issues has turned into a spam fest (imo)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My dogs being needy. I know it's my own fault but I just want to sit in the garden with a glass of wine and be left alone. Instead I've an almost 40kg dog guarding me from his little brother by sitting on top of me, and when he's not doing that he's hitting me with his paws trying to get me to play ball with him and his brother. His brother is barking in my face. I don't want to play :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Being hungover and feeling like arse and having two nieces who want to throw water balloons at me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Warm beer that is supposed to be served cold. Have no patience so threw some ice cubes in there. Now I have wattery ****e beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I painted the shed and picnic bench.

I now look like I have millions of freckles from the splash back.

And so does the dog.

Whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I painted the shed and picnic bench.

I now look like I have millions of freckles from the splash back.

And so does the dog.

Whoopsadoodles!

FYP;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Nipped into Tesco in The Square today, picked up some lovely summer clothes for my holiday. Wanted to try them on, in particular the swimsuits.
    Changing rooms marked as "Out of Order".

I asked the cashier where I could try on my bundle of clothes (I had swimsuits, T-shirts, shorts, etc) and was told "The changing rooms are closed."

I asked again about being able to try the clothes on. She said "You can't. We closed the changing rooms because of thieves. You can buy the clothes and try them on at home and if they don't fit you can bring them back."

Er, no. I want to try them on and decide A) If they fit and B) If I like them.
    You want me to spend loads of money on clothes I will probably have to return?

Plus I would have used my debit card, so if I returned the clothes, I'd be out of pocket until the card was refunded.
    What a load of balls.

On the plus side, I ended up going to Penneys where I found even nicer clothes and swimsuits, for a LOT cheaper AND I was able to try them on.
    Eff you Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

fussyonion wrote: »
    Nipped into Tesco in The Square today, picked up some lovely summer clothes for my holiday. Wanted to try them on, in particular the swimsuits.
    Changing rooms marked as "Out of Order".

I asked the cashier where I could try on my bundle of clothes (I had swimsuits, T-shirts, shorts, etc) and was told "The changing rooms are closed."

I asked again about being able to try the clothes on. She said "You can't. We closed the changing rooms because of thieves. You can buy the clothes and try them on at home and if they don't fit you can bring them back."

Er, no. I want to try them on and decide A) If they fit and B) If I like them.
    You want me to spend loads of money on clothes I will probably have to return?

Plus I would have used my debit card, so if I returned the clothes, I'd be out of pocket until the card was refunded.
    What a load of balls.

On the plus side, I ended up going to Penneys where I found even nicer clothes and swimsuits, for a LOT cheaper AND I was able to try them on.
    Eff you Tesco.
    Pics or GTFO

My TA : Nosebleed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

That I only discovered the hirsute women thread this evening and just as it was getting even more weird/entertaining it was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Online shopping and the website only saving your basket for 60 minutes so even while you are still browsing, if 60 minutes pass, your basket gets emptied :confused: Do you not want me to buy all those things and give you my money?
    It happened twice so I've just closed the page now. No money for you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

This should probably go on the Happy things thread but at the time this was very annoying.

Over the past week or so I really thought I was thinning on top (I'm female).
    I happened to check my reflection in the wardrobe mirror using my handheld mirror and was horrified to see what looked like a balding patch at the crown.

I was really upset and I couldn't stop looking at it, every time I passed the wardrobe mirror, I'd get my handheld mirror and check.
    I was Googling treatments and everything and it was really getting to me.

But tonight, after washing my hair, I decided to part my hair differently and voila, no "bald patch" at all.
    My hair has been parted wrong all this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Nighttime in my life. I'm up and down like a whores knickers. It's only 1:40 so the night is young. I'm in bed since about midnight. So far I've
    - got up to pee
    - got up to wash tan off my arms because I smell like soggy biscuits
    - got up to roll a tennis ball on my shoulders
    - got up to pee again

Now I'm here about to get up to open a window and take off my pants
    Why am I so restless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I've managed to get deep heat in my eye :(

Which eye?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Which eye?

My left eye :confused:

It was the cream type not spray,if this helps??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Theres a Bake sale in work today and i forgot change to buy anything.

So sadly i cant have any cake as i dont wont to be seen as tight guy who eats all the cake and does not pay for it :(.

No cake for me today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

My phone turns its charge light to green when its only at 90%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I somehow managed to nick my ear lobe when I was shaving this morning, the amount of blood was unreal for a micro cut. Eventually I managed to stop it or so I thought but to add insult to injury I got blood on my shirt when I put on. Had to take off that and change to another one.
    Bad start to the day

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Stop today i had a user who did not wont to download a app to get a code to log into the VPN !!!!

As wait for it we wont give him a company mobile so he should not have to download the app he will only do it if we give him a company mobile F off like. You have a iphone 7 go to the app store and download the stupid app like everyone else did !!!

So now he is refusing to work as we wont give him a mobile ......

A email to his manager and HR now to tell him to do his job ...... FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sat on something wet and am wearing white jeans. Had to take my jumper off and tie it around my waist. I look positively ghastly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Stop today i had a user who did not wont to download a app to get a code to log into the VPN !!!!

As wait for it we wont give him a company mobile so he should not have to download the app he will only do it if we give him a company mobile F off like. You have a iphone 7 go to the app store and download the stupid app like everyone else did !!!

So now he is refusing to work as we wont give him a mobile ......

A email to his manager and HR now to tell him to do his job ...... FML.

Meh.

I wouldn't use my personal equipment for work stuff either.

If the company want him to log in from home or be available on call etc they should provide him with the equipment to do so.

I have laptop/surface/work phone and get my home wifi paid for.

That would TA me if my company tried to insist I use my own phone for work calls.

However it was also TA me if the person was giving my service desk staff stick about something they have no control over and they would be swiftly told to f off to their own manager to request such items.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Meh.

I wouldn't use my personal equipment for work stuff either...

Around here, if you want to connect a personal device to the Hivemind, you must first face Vader in single combat, and then submit said device for the injection of the Borg nanites. All your phone are belong to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

My left eye :confused:

It was the cream type not spray,if this helps??

I thought you meant your "third" eye. And I thought fair play if you are
    Using deep heat for that:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

was late coming back from the gym.

was late leaving for work.

The car was in for repair and a warning light went off this morning, which means the car going back to them. The car was booked in somewhere else tomorrow which meant calling them to cancel that appointment.

when I got in I noticed the secretary had made a mistake which took about 30 mins to sort, which included trying to print something and the printer trolling me by printing one page every minute, but working fine for others.

Then I noticed some post was sent out some time ago when it shouldn't have.

its noon and I feel like I've accomplished nothing but yet have been flat out since I landed :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement