Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

everlast75 wrote: »
    was late coming back from the gym.

was late leaving for work.

The car was in for repair and a warning light went off this morning, which means the car going back to them. The car was booked in somewhere else tomorrow which meant calling them to cancel that appointment.

when I got in I noticed the secretary had made a mistake which took about 30 mins to sort, which included trying to print something and the printer trolling me by printing one page every minute, but working fine for others.

Then I noticed some post was sent out some time ago when it shouldn't have.

its noon and I feel like I've accomplished nothing but yet have been flat out since I landed :confused:

You have the makings of a good country and western song with that post. :pac:

My TA today is that my house and yard and garden and car looks like a painters radio with all the bird poo. Flight path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I met a fella out walking yesterday and was chatting for a few minutes.
    He had that kinda white spit on the corners of his mouth. It was annoying me but I couldn't help but look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

^^

A guy I know has very hairy ears and long hairs coming out if his nose. Whenever we meet I find myself staring at it...

I trim mine, and if I didn't, Mrs E wouldn't be long about telling me to address the problem. I am sure he realises it's there....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    ^^

A guy I know has very hairy ears and long hairs coming out if his nose. Whenever we meet I find myself staring at it...

I trim mine, and if I didn't, Mrs E wouldn't be long about telling me to address the problem. I am sure he realises it's there....

trimmed my nose hairs once. never again. Its plucking all the way now.

TA'd at how painful plucking some nose hairs can be. especially the ones near the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Winterlong wrote: »
    ...My TA today is that my house and yard and garden and car looks like a painters radio with all the bird poo. Flight path.

I'll just leave this here:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA I don't have a .22 minigun but TA cool head prevails and I know it's PMS and it will go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    ^^

A woman I know has long hairs coming out of her nose. It's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I don't if this is a TA or what - a while ago I was out at my car (as it happens I was cleaning a bird poo off it) A little girl on a scooter stops at my gate and says 'hello', I said hello and continued on what I was at but she stayed there. After a few moments she said 'you have a lovely car' after a little while she went on her way.

It's strange that I felt a kind of fear engaging with the child because the way the world is gone you could be accused of doing something untoward.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's actually lovely! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Ringing someone and they have a full blown conversation with someone in the background while you are just sitting there listening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Sun cream in my eye. Nasty stinging watering feeling. Lots of sloshing the Optrex, it should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

People who post using the acronyms DD (dear daughter), DS (dear son), DH (dear husband) and, I swear to God I saw this today, DSD and DSS (dear step-daughter/son).

Eugghhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My OCD about things being clean. Even when something is straight out of the dishwasher I'll still give it a wash under the tap just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Ringing someone and they have a full blown conversation with someone in the background while you are just sitting there listening.

I hang up on people who do that. Phone conversations in general do my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sunglasses selfies. They look like flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Heavy mustaches on women who appear to be healthy and capable of functioning normally and are therefore well capable of dealing with the problem. The ones the go past the top lip. Arh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A bunch of kids got their water pistols out to clean the bird poop off my car yesterday.
    There's no bird poop splotches on it anymore, but there are loads of water streaks all over it now, water streaks mixed with poop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A bunch of kids got their water pistols out to clean the bird poop off my car yesterday.
    There's no bird poop splotches on it anymore, but there are loads of water streaks all over it now, water streaks mixed with poop.

I gave up the ghost and hand cleaned the car last night. But of course there was a fresh poop on the roof this morning.
    Tis the season for bird poop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Phones with happy, jaunty musical ringtones. Answer the f**king thing you prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

maudgonner wrote:
    People who post using the acronyms DD (dear daughter), DS (dear son), DH (dear husband) and, I swear to God I saw this today, DSD and DSS (dear step-daughter/son).

I actually always wondered what they stood for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

There was a woman in front of me at the self-service cash machine in the bank yesterday. She was lodging around ten notes and insisted on placing them in one at a time. Each time she put in a note she would have to confirm the amount was correct and then select "add more funds" and add another note, confirm amount was correct and so on. Jaysus I thought I was going to smack her. Even more annoying though was when I smartly went up to the machine next to her and lodged all my notes together like the good, upstanding citizen that I am...and the machine then spat them all back out at me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Deedsie wrote: »
    Sitting in Stephens Green today for my lunch, sitting against a tree, sun on my face. Was lovely, until a woman walks through on a handsfree literally roaring into her headphones.

Can people not try be a little quieter.

There is a guy in my office who insists on using voice commands to ring people - usually takes a few attempts and by the time it actually recognises the name, he is shouting into the phone. Very irritating and inconsiderate to others especially if you are on the phone and this numpty is roaring.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My TA today is how my boyfriend eats pizza. He gets mushroom and pepperoni every time. He starts by picking off the mushrooms and eating them. Then he'll bite around the pepperoni so the pizza has now formed some unusual jigsaw shape. He'll then peel off the crust and place it on his plate, before rolling up the remaining pizza and eating it like a sausage. HE DOES THIS EVERY TIME. I am always so distracted I am by now annoying I find this that I can't concentrate on my own nice pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

GBX wrote: »
    There is a guy in my office who insists on using voice commands to ring people - usually takes a few attempts and by the time it actually recognises the name, he is shouting into the phone. Very irritation and inconsiderate to others especially if you are on the phone and this numpty is roaring.

I know someone who does this too but uses it to Google. Like he'll say out loud "what time does the eye cinema close", and gets repeatedly louder and more frustrated each time. FFS just type it into Google you numpty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dopes who stop dead in the middle of a busy footpath to flick their rapunzel hair over the shoulder, hitting you in the face because they stopped with no warning. Can't even pretend to like people today

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Heavy mustaches on women who appear to be healthy and capable of functioning normally and are therefore well capable of dealing with the problem. The ones the go past the top lip. Arh.

That's a nasty comment. Did you ever consider that maybe it's only a problem for you that other people have hair on their faces?

TA - I just had lunch and I'm bleedin starvin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People who stop and look around or rummage in bags/cases etc AT THE DOOR of recently arrived modes of transport!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at everything today especially being a woman :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Jrop wrote: »
    TA at everything today especially being a woman :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I just cant wake up today at all !!!. ITs annoying me so bad today at lest only 55 mins left in the office today !!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement