Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I sat on a thumbtack that I accidentally dropped on my seat.
    My workmates seemed to find it funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Boys I'm fukkkkkking foaming

I have an irrational dislike for people hogging seats with bags. I also have an iPhone which basically means I have a landline as my battery drops faster than a young ones knickers in coppers.

So I get on the train and it's packed, the first two carriages. I need an inside seat to plug my phone in, so at the end of the second carriage I ask this one is the inside seat free, there's a bag on the seat the trays down and theres a scarf and her handbag on the tray. Now she's an aul one in her 50s so well beyond the childish behaviour. She starts mumbling that there's plenty of seats further down the train and starts firing things into her handbag like how the ashiers in Aldi fire your shopping at you. I'm standing there being like what the actual f uck is this one on at all?! She packed her sh1t to move her entire self down further along the train to find empty seats. Dafuq? I couldn't resist myself so I said in my least sarcastic voice, "I'm sorry I didn't realise you paid for two seats". Oblivious to my passive aggressive remark she mumbled about there being free seats and barged away. ****ing cow, I hope she falls getting off the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Boys I'm fukkkkkking foaming

I have an irrational dislike for people hogging seats with bags. I also have an iPhone which basically means I have a landline as my battery drops faster than a young ones knickers in coppers.

So I get on the train and it's packed, the first two carriages. I need an inside seat to plug my phone in, so at the end of the second carriage I ask this one is the inside seat free, there's a bag on the seat the trays down and theres a scarf and her handbag on the tray. Now she's an aul one in her 50s so well beyond the childish behaviour. She starts mumbling that there's plenty of seats further down the train and starts firing things into her handbag like how the ashiers in Aldi fire your shopping at you. I'm standing there being like what the actual f uck is this one on at all?! She packed her sh1t to move her entire self down further along the train to find empty seats. Dafuq? I couldn't resist myself so I said in my least sarcastic voice, "I'm sorry I didn't realise you paid for two seats". Oblivious to my passive aggressive remark she mumbled about there being free seats and barged away. ****ing cow, I hope she falls getting off the train.

:mad: I'm nearly 52

Actually........I'm TA that I'm not a "young fella" anymore, but I'm definitely not an old man either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

:mad: I'm nearly 52

Actually........I'm TA that I'm not a "young fella" anymore, but I'm definitely not an old man either!

Finally! Someone I could go for a pint with.....and Mr Goose of course:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Finally! Someone I could go for a pint with.....and Mr Goose of course:)

4593531893_f67a757fa1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When the traffic suddenly stops on the dual carriageway and you see the brake lights at the last second..absolutely s*it myself and I'm home now and still like jelly...also there's a mother duck and about 10 baby duckies on the hard shoulder all toddling out onto the road,just hoping that they'll turn around before its too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Some git on a Site said he hated to call me manly but he'd love to see me flex my biceps! Wut?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Exiting a bill contract with meteor. I'd say you wouldn't get as much quizzing on your entry to North Korea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Todays TA is that I don't get paid til Monday, and am going out for the weekend as it's my bday, also I'm rubbish with money

Also, I had some horrible dreams last night, and woke up feeling all weird. Hate that feeling of being thrown out of whack by a bloody dream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Tomato-based sauces turn my tupperware orange.

Sad face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

3 USB type yokies need charging - 2 charger/leads

Seven Worlds will Collide

The faux, try hard banter between these two ejits hosting the Eurovision semis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

3 USB type yokies need charging - 2 charger/leads

Had a similar problem earlier. 3 leads but only two USB ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Sat on and broke a mirror on Sunday. I thought it was funny telling people that I now I have 7 years of bad luck. More fool me because I'm literally having the worst week of my life. Probably more than TA to be fair.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

KatW4 wrote: »
    Sat on and broke a mirror on Sunday. I thought it was funny telling people that I now I have 7 years of bad luck. More fool me because I'm literally having the worst week of my life. Probably more than TA to be fair.

That was amended recently - it's now down to only 7 days of bad luck. How lucky is that?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm having a shocking week also...I think there's a full moon due and I genuinely believe it throws us out of sync...people are impossible to deal and when I went shopping today everything I looked at just seemed to fall off the hanger ,I'd love to hibernate until next week.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

New Home wrote:
    That was amended recently - it's now down to only 7 days of bad luck. How lucky is that?!

I wish! :)

Also TA'd at the Eurovision! So boring this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Ray37 wrote: »
    Todays TA is that I don't get paid til Monday, and am going out for the weekend as it's my bday, also I'm rubbish with money

If my payday is a Monday it's always in my bank account just after midnight Friday. Worth checking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Monday should still equal Saturday morning in banking terms

• Advertisement

Ray37 wrote: »

If my payday is a Monday it's always in my bank account just after midnight Friday. Worth checking :)
    I'd love that, but I live abroad so not gonna happen! Oh well, have to give the credit card a wee workout ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Drivers that drive rigidly/habitually keeping back from the car in front of them, making it more difficult to overtake them or the person in front of them 'cos I feel I mightn't have enough time to complete the over-take. And I wouldn't chance squeezing in between car in front of me and the car in from of them 'cos I feel like it's too tight to do that. So I don't/can't do anything. If the way you drive is to keep well back from cars in front of you well then keep well well back from any car at all altogether and it's much easier for person behind to over-take rather than having to second-guess things....

If you gotta second guess the distance.....don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Huge spiders. 20 mins traumatising myself in the bathroom trying to get the shergar of spiders into something I could drown him in. He was so huge. 3 failed attempts to get him into the toilet. He was so fast he kept escaping off the paper I was using to transport him. At one point he completely disappeared into thin air and I got such a fright I had to strip off my clothes and shake out my hair to make sure he wasn't on me waiting for me to go to bed. Found him hiding at the side of toilet seat. Got him into water. Flushed. He obviously thought it was surfs up time cause when I looked in again he was practicallly doggy paddling over hto the side of the bowl. toilet wouldn't flush again so soon so had to try kill him with harpic toilet duck stuff. I've the toilet seat down but I'm rattling after all that. If he has a family. Of he'll be waiting for me tomorrow. Need a more effective way of spider killing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Drivers doing their own thing.

Gawddddddd some people are so annoying! Gombeen Gobsh1tes. And Stirrers. And nosey! And Busy-Bodies Bodys? who don't/can't mind their own business sticking their oar in. Do ya ever just want to punch someone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Drivers doing their own thing.

Gawddddddd some people are so annoying! Gombeen Gobsh1tes. And Stirrers. And nosey! And Busy-Bodies Bodys? who don't/can't mind their own business sticking their oar in. Do ya ever just want to punch someone!!

Oh my god, yes. So many times over the past two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Huge spiders. 20 mins traumatising myself in the bathroom trying to get the shergar of spiders into something I could drown him in. He was so huge. 3 failed attempts to get him into the toilet. He was so fast he kept escaping off the paper I was using to transport him. At one point he completely disappeared into thin air and I got such a fright I had to strip off my clothes and shake out my hair to make sure he wasn't on me waiting for me to go to bed. Found him hiding at the side of toilet seat. Got him into water. Flushed. He obviously thought it was surfs up time cause when I looked in again he was practicallly doggy paddling over hto the side of the bowl. toilet wouldn't flush again so soon so had to try kill him with harpic toilet duck stuff. I've the toilet seat down but I'm rattling after all that. If he has a family. Of he'll be waiting for me tomorrow. Need a more effective way of spider killing

Jesus :(
    The poor creature :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Jesus that's traumatic for everyone involved. Ever hear of a shoe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

The fear of not being able to find your phone. Spent a good hour looking for mine this morning at it was practically dead because I had Spotify on all night and not listening to it. Now it's going to take forever to charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I work in Building Services.

Every morning I run extraction fans in the offices so it has fresh air.
    When it's warm out I leave the air conditioning running at a cool temperature so its not too hot for the people coming in later.

This morning I left the a/c running cool air and went back to check it 15 minutes later.
    Some complete ballbag had changed the setting from cool air to heating with a temp of 28oc.

I mean, wtf.

• Advertisement

People who walk their dogs and don't let them stop to sniff around or even pee properly. They tug the lead and pull them along the second they try and explore anything. I'll always stop and let my dog have a sniff.

Also, people who come to my house and give out that my dog occasionally barks out the widow. My dog is a rescue, and due to trauma, didn't bark for two years, so I'll let him bark if he likes. Dogs bark- get over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement