Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

anna080 wrote: »
    People who walk their dogs and don't let them stop to sniff around or even pee properly. They tug the lead and pull them along the second they try and explore anything. I'll always stop and let my dog have a sniff.

Also, people who come to my house and give out that my dog occasionally barks out the widow. My dog is a rescue, and due to trauma, didn't bark for two years, so I'll let him bark if he likes. Dogs bark- get over it.

spot on, as long as they don't roll in what they are sniffing, Im fine with it

My TA is adverts that you can't turn off or close down/skip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

A dream I had last night. I was in hospital and had just had the backs of both my knees operated on. Then I had to walk on my recently operated legs to my room on the other side of the biggest hospital in the world along miles of corridors and stairs never actually getting there. I woke and went back to sleep into a completely different dream but I was still walking around with bandaged legs! How fcuking annoying is that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Huge spiders. 20 mins traumatising myself in the bathroom trying to get the shergar of spiders into something I could drown him in. He was so huge. 3 failed attempts to get him into the toilet. He was so fast he kept escaping off the paper I was using to transport him. At one point he completely disappeared into thin air and I got such a fright I had to strip off my clothes and shake out my hair to make sure he wasn't on me waiting for me to go to bed. Found him hiding at the side of toilet seat. Got him into water. Flushed. He obviously thought it was surfs up time cause when I looked in again he was practicallly doggy paddling over hto the side of the bowl. toilet wouldn't flush again so soon so had to try kill him with harpic toilet duck stuff. I've the toilet seat down but I'm rattling after all that. If he has a family. Of he'll be waiting for me tomorrow. Need a more effective way of spider killing

Maybe you could just put him outside. Spiders are more afraid of us, plus they keep down flies.

TA my job :mad: especially because it is T!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Maybe you could just put him outside. Spiders are more afraid of us, plus they keep down flies.

A conversation with a nine year old arachnophobe I had this morning:
    Me:Spiders are more scared of you. They are small and you are a giant to them.
    9 yo : A grenade is also small.

Good to see you back though ONW

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

536b700ab9265666fdcef163c8f1fa9b.jpg

My TA is I have had a headcold for almost 2 f'n weeks now and it won't p*** off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Couldn't carry him. He kept running on the paper and he was really fast. A spider got in my ear before and I'm terrified of them

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Next time use a jar or a mug and a bit of cardboard, the spidey will be much easier to contain and you won't have to kill him.

(RIP, little spidey. :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

anna080 wrote: »
    People who walk their dogs and don't let them stop to sniff around or even pee properly. They tug the lead and pull them along the second they try and explore anything. I'll always stop and let my dog have a sniff.

Also, people who come to my house and give out that my dog occasionally barks out the widow. My dog is a rescue, and due to trauma, didn't bark for two years, so I'll let him bark if he likes. Dogs bark- get over it.

If someone comes to my house and complains about my dog. They know where the door is and are very welcome to use it. Hasn't happened yet mind.

Mine is also a rescue, she was fcuked out of a car onto a motorway. She's afraid of her own shadow. 2.5 years later she's still afraid of going in the car.
    TA that people can be such bastards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There is a doggie that I was minding for a week over Christmas, I didn't really know the dog before she came to us. Now she is part of our extended family. We regularly go to take her out for walks and just to visit her.

We found out that she is moving to Spain in a couple of months. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Have to re dress the beds, hoover, put on dishwasher, hang out laundry and collect smallie at 12.

It's my 'day off'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I got suncream in my eye :(

And. I've lost my dogs lead. I've searched everywhere. He holds it in his mouth when we walk and now I'm wondering if he took himself off for a walk as he always drops it out of his mouth after his first wee. Have to go buy a new one now cos his old one doesn't match his summer collar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

There is no WATER in work to drink.

All bottles are gone and have not been replaced and the Filter water Dispenser are also broke.

I cant have a drink of water only endless cans of coke !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

All bottles are gone and have not been replaced and the Filter water Dispenser are also broke.

Have ye no taps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Have ye no taps?

Sadly the water filters are the taps !!!!.

Sadly the water filters are the taps !!!!.

Have ye no toilets then?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's nearly lunchtime, I'm sure you can find a shop that'd sell you a bottle or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

New Home wrote: »
    It's nearly lunchtime, I'm sure you can find a shop that'd sell you a bottle or two.

What she means is

Have ye no legs?

Any hookers to go with that coke?!

I hate having odd amounts of money in my current account. Any amount that cannot be taken out in full annoys me. Not that I would empty it, but the "loose change" on screen annoys me so much. My current balance is 496.28 and I am only itching to pop into the bank at lunch time and lodge €3.72:(

I hate having odd amounts of money in my current account. Any amount that cannot be taken out in full annoys me. Not that I would empty it, but the "loose change" on screen annoys me so much. My current balance is 496.28 and I am only itching to pop into the bank at lunch time and lodge €3.72:(

I will kindly take 96.28 if you would like?

TA broke till paypay on Fri

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I will kindly take 96.28 if you would like?

TA broke till paypay on Fri

But that's the point - I wouldn't even be able to take that amount out :(

I went upstairs to another PC and saw the time on the screen 12:25. 'Lovely, a bit closer to lunchtime than I thought'. Back at my own PC a few minutes later...12:03. Stupid clock upstairs is half an hour fast. More annoyingly it's not the first time I've fallen for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

gramar wrote: »
    Stupid clock upstairs is half an hour fast.

Bloody time zones...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Some dope at work set up a meeting with me to see if I had any questions about a report before it is published.
    A report that I wrote myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Asked to set a meeting, set it. Other attendee decides to go on long or late lunch and strolls back in 20 mins into the appointed meeting time, then asks to reschedule.

Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm in such a foul humour.
    Every little thing is annoying me.

My throat has been a bit sore the past few days when I swallow but it hasn't gotten any worse or better. Just the same soreness.

My tummy feels bloated and the top I'm wearing is doing nothing for my confidence; it's too clingy around my tummy.

My other half left towels on the bathroom floor earlier. He was also last up this morning and left the bed unmade. He also made a sandwich earlier and left the dirty cutlery all over the counter.

I flipped out and asked him if I'm just a slave? Why leave those things like that?
    Are you just assuming I'll tidy them up?
    Well no. YOU fkin do it. Fkin skivvy I am not

People needing my help with stuff today and I'm really not in the right frame of mind. I am so irritable I'm in danger of biting someone's head off undeservedly (is that a word?).

I want to eat all the food today but I would also like to lose 2lb this week.

Yes I am due my period. This explains my mood.

fussyonion wrote: »

My throat has been a bit sore the past few days when I swallow but it hasn't gotten any worse or better. Just the same soreness.

My tummy feels bloated and the top I'm wearing is doing nothing for my confidence; it's too clingy around my tummy.

My other half left towels on the bathroom floor earlier. He was also last up this morning and left the bed unmade. He also made a sandwich earlier and left the dirty cutlery all over the counter.

I flipped out and asked him if I'm just a slave? Why leave those things like that?

People needing my help with stuff today and I'm really not in the right frame of mind. I am so irritable I'm in danger of biting someone's head off undeservedly (is that a word?).

Oh FFS OH laziness is a major TA. I am literally going non-stop from 7am until 10pm. the laundry basket is always full and I am constantly washing dishes, wiping down the counters etc. Of course, OH says I am just obsessive but I cant leave dishes sitting there (or laundry) when they need to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Buying a gift for someone, knowing they got a lot of use out of said gift, now seeing gift being advertised on Facebook for sale for 6 Euro less than it cost me to buy brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

fussyonion wrote: »

Cuddle?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People being almost happy that the weather is going to break. Shure it was too good to last. Fecking miseries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement