Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

When you're so cold, your nose is freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Technician showing me how to print patterns on fabric - was going grand, done a large length of 5 metre's and then your one says
    "Why don't you add another colour with a stencil?"
    I said "Sure I put down the darkest colour already, if I print on top it will go to ****."
    Sure enough, after spending pretty much most of the day making the 1st image I go and feck it up the hell with the next layer.

I am so tired I don't even care now.

KatW4 wrote: »
    When you're so cold, your nose is freezing.

If you often get just a cold nose/ears/hands/feet and the rest of you in warm then you might have the joys of Raynuards like me.

TA is also slicing my hand open with a scalpel and trying not to bleed over things I spend about 4hours drawing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

TOOTHAAAAAACHHHHHE!!! Ohh man the pain is un-real... ;( ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Found a stray sweetcorn in a tin of beans.

Day ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

uch wrote: »
    I do this to me kids just for the divilment, great craic watching them trying to figure out if I'm serious or not

^^^
    This is possibly the only good thing to come from having kids...winding them up and embarrassing the shtie outta em

Though TA: annoying cûnts coming into work telling me...I'm doing my job wrong and they know fcuk all about it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Taking things apart and not being able to put them back together. Taking out a drawer, and spending ages trying to put it back in again. Seperating two yoghurts and ripping the lids on both of them:(. And all my bloody teeth on the top right hand side are killing me on and off , the dentist thinks I'm grinding them in my sleep.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When a new toilet roll falls and lands on a wet patch... I know it would have been worse if said wet patch hadn't been water, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When someone asks you directions to somewhere and you tell them and they say, no, that's not right... so I say, fair enough, and walked away... didn't even look back. you're feckin lost, I know where you're going, but i'm wrong, twits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I can't pack my toothbrush or deodorant or hair brush till tomorrow morning as I will need them but there is a strong possibility I will forget to pack them tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Hayfever, its kicked in with a vengeance.
    Regulars on this thread should expect me to be repeating this TA for the coming 8 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA'd that I've another weekend to struggle through with no money! Pay day isn't til Tuesday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the coffee shop I am in has a saxophone album on playing the hits of Michael Jackson.

it's so so awful hearing "so you wanna be starting something" in such a melancholic version. it's more suitable in a nursing home or an elevator...

christ - this has upset me more than it should....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »
    the coffee shop I am in has a saxophone album on playing the hits of Michael Jackson.

it's so so awful hearing "so you wanna be starting something" in such a melancholic version. it's more suitable in a nursing home or an elevator...

christ - this has upset me more than it should....

okay - time to go. "the way you make me feel" is on. The answer is 'nauseous'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Winterlong wrote: »
    Regulars on this thread should expect me to be repeating this TA for the coming 8 weeks.

Oh for fúck sake, is that why my eyes are dry and scratchy/stingy and I've had incessant sneezing the past 4/5 days? TA realizing you might have hayfever :(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oh for fúck sake, is that why my eyes are dry and scratchy/stingy and I've had incessant sneezing the past 4/5 days? TA realizing you might have hayfever :(

The only good news is that the medication is cheap as chips...and quick to act.
    Get thee to a Pharmacy!

northgirl wrote: »
    TA'd that I've another weekend to struggle through with no money! Pay day isn't til Tuesday :pac:

TA people who get paid monthly! I get paid by the week so its like a little drop of money every seven days rather than feeling like a king for one day a month! :) Going to ask HR to change it to monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Mug thieves in work!

You didn't bring in that mug... it's not yours... go get your own!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

TA people who get paid monthly! I get paid by the week so its like a little drop of money every seven days rather than feeling like a king for one day a month! :) Going to ask HR to change it to monthly.

TA'd at people who get paid weekly. Or monthly.

I'm a freelancer and get paid whenever the company feels like paying me. It's a pain in the hole :(

Electricity bill is overdue and I am in charge of paying it as parents are away. Do you think I can find the bill? No. I don't even know if they are with Electric Ireland or ESB. WHen I call them, I cant get through to a person without my account number.....which is on the bill...which is lost. Do I just wait for them to send another bill? Will they not send another bill and just cut us off? Please take my money before I spend it on shoes! The TA of it all.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Winterlong wrote: »

Same here. I feel like someone took my eyeballs out, dipped them in sand and put them back in again.

TA? Constantly being asked if I was out in the lash last night.

TA'd with myself.

I was looking forward to having a nice pint and a packet of Hunky Dorys in the train station later. But I've gone in to full on introvert mode. Oh to be far away from humans. Just me.

Not sure how I'll manage the train home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

TA'd with myself.

I was looking forward to having a nice pint and a packet of Hunky Dorys in the train station later. But I've gone in to full on introvert mode. Oh to be far away from humans. Just me.

Not sure how I'll manage the train home :(

I sat at the bar in Hueston Sation reading a Vogue and drinking a pint of Guinness last week. Got some strange looks.

Dublin city centre at the moment. Ah Jaysis lads get out of my fúcking way. The world and its mother is in Dublin this weekend, and the world and its mother is also walking really slowly in front of ONW, and walking diagonally if you don't mind, when ONW tries to pass them.

Also TA I have a function next week that is "semi formal" and I have no idea what that is. And I couldn't get an appointment to have my makeup done, they are booked up "six weeks in advance" - ?! Oh they can fit me in at midday alright, but then I'd have to go back to work looking like a lady of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Getting attention when you don't want it, and not getting it when you do!

(applies in many areas!)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Mug thieves in work!

You didn't bring in that mug... it's not yours... go get your own!!!

I used to have the same problem until I got an ugly mug with a kids cartoon character on it and started using that in work. Now nobody takes my mug anymore! :)

TA'd that I bought something the other day without trying it on first. Of course it doesn't fit now and is really unflattering.

Wee waw. Wee waw. Wee waw. Wee waw. Wee waw. Wee waw. Wee waw. Wee waw. Wee waw. Wee waw. Wee waw. Wee waw.

Neighbours house alarm is driving me nuts!

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I sat at the bar in Hueston Sation reading a Vogue and drinking a pint of Guinness last week. Got some strange looks.

I often go in. Sit down my pint of coors. Not a bother :)

Feeling less introverted now.

Printer not working - having to restick things. Basically a lot of things went wrong and the main thing is me only getting my lunch at 3pm when I never got breakfast. Feel shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Knowing that it's going to be a massive giant pain in the ars€ to get home tonight with the concert and football on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement