Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭storker

BS lists on online newspaper sites. "10 things you need to now about..." etc . Yeah thanks but while there's lots of stuff I like to know and want to know, there's very little that I actually need to know. And it certainly isn't in whatever probably poorly-researched and badly-written piece the editors are hoping I'll click on.

Ditto superlatives used to push other buzzfeed-type non-stories. "Best ever", "Brilliant", "Perfect", "Hilarious", "You need to see...", "Will blow your mind/make you cry/melt your heart", yeah yeah. I'm still not clicking on it. If it was honest and just said, "Here's a mildly amusing...", I might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

^^

"And you'll never guess what happened next.."

Well I did guess and I was correct. An idiot sitting on a tree branch, 20ft up and he is sawing said branch BETWEEN him and the tree trunk. And yep he fell down and landed on a spike and now he's dead.....hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Apparently gay pride is on only extended to gay men. Not that they don't deserve it. But a TA would be being wary of mentioning a girlfriend because it seems to make other women distrustful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I've run out of things to wash... and it's still lovely out... do I just wash and dry everything again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Loud phone convos on the bus

I, and presumably others, couldn't give a flying fcuk about your day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I can never understand those who have the longest conversations ever on public transport. Some people seem to just go through their phones seeing who they can annoy with their boring crap. I hate talking on the phone at any time never mind surrounded by people listening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I often have a phone conversations on public transport. It's boring, why not ring someone for a chat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mar2313

LOUD EATERS.. holy f€&ck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

The long commutes to work...

Wrecked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Amen!!!! I hate talkers on buses/trains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The analysis of Damien Duff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Martin King doing the weather forecast. He's either shouting or mumbling, while jumping around like a demented frog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Put a colour bomb in my hair and it looks exactly the same. Smells like chemicals though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,668 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Deedsie wrote:
    Well she rounded on him, it was great. "Sorry, turn that off... right now" very strong tone followed with a glare.

Please don't tell me that worked. What right had she to dictate what was acceptable behaviour in a public space?

Phone conversations in public can be annoying for others but they are perfectly reasonable to hold. It is a public space, not someone else's private transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,668 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Deedsie wrote:
    Maybe actually read the post before responding. He wasn't talking on the phone. He was playing music on his phone. Through the speaker.

My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

When your boss says he's leaving the office "now" for the afternoon and two hours later he's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Radio stations that boast about more music and less talk but they cut over the end of songs to tell you this!!!!! The poxy irony of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ta for the day is was on the bus to work and a guy got on and tought it was a great idea to sit sideways on the bus seat and put his bag on my lap.

I push said bag off me and he turns around and gives me a dirty look.

I have really moved up in the world i am now a bag holder for people on public transport ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

People who continue sticking their hand out to hail a bus even though the bus is indicating that it's pulling in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭storker

SATSUMA wrote: »
    When your boss says he's leaving the office "now" for the afternoon and two hours later he's still there.

Allow me to expand on this one. Anyone at work or home announcing they're going out and then taking an age to actually do it. Also saying "bye" multiple times while faffing about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that my gallstone decided that this morning was the day for its annual shoutout.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at myself for reading the daily mail. I should know better cos I feel like the female Victor Meldrew afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

storker wrote: »
    BS lists on online newspaper sites. "10 things you need to now about..." etc . Yeah thanks but while there's lots of stuff I like to know and want to know, there's very little that I actually need to know. And it certainly isn't in whatever probably poorly-researched and badly-written piece the editors are hoping I'll click on.

Ditto superlatives used to push other buzzfeed-type non-stories. "Best ever", "Brilliant", "Perfect", "Hilarious", "You need to see...", "Will blow your mind/make you cry/melt your heart", yeah yeah. I'm still not clicking on it. If it was honest and just said, "Here's a mildly amusing...", I might have.

Click bait actually sends me into a rage :( And actually what also annoys me about is the inconsistent use of tenses. It's subtle but once you notice it the first time you can't get away from it.

So for example, "boy caught large shark" (PAST tense)

Followed by, "when he sees what it is wearing" (PRESENT tense)
    Grr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Lads, get a grip. Khaki cargo shorts with black shoes and socks
    Looks Shiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I have ventured into the world of online dating.

I don't even know where to begin in terms of the annoyances.

Can't see myself sticking this out for long.

Think I'd rather be sad and lonely for the rest of my life than have to entertain messages such as this gem sent from a guy yesterday: 'Nice lips xxx. Are yer other pair as nice'

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Vel wrote: »
    I have ventured into the world of online dating.

I don't even know where to begin in terms of the annoyances.

Can't see myself sticking this out for long.

Think I'd rather be sad and lonely for the rest of my life than have to entertain messages such as this gem sent from a guy yesterday: 'Nice lips xxx. Are yer other pair as nice'

I wonder if that has ever worked in the history of chat up lines?

I'm bloody starving, but have a meeting soon that could go on for a while. Not enough time to eat now and can't bring my sanger into the meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I'm bloody starving, but have a meeting soon that could go on for a while. Not enough time to eat now and can't bring my sanger into the meeting.

:D That would be a turn up for the books

TA loud people in the office and the voices are literally drilling into my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Meetings between 12-2 should have lunch provided!

So they should.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So they should.

Between 10 - 4 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So they should.

meetings over lunchtime should be banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement