Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭storker

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Between 10 - 4 :D

I'd go with 9 - 5. :D

And before 9.

And after 5.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Storker 4 Prez.

'cuz that's just genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

storker wrote: »
    Allow me to expand on this one. Anyone at work or home announcing they're going out and then taking an age to actually do it. Also saying "bye" multiple times while faffing about.
    I didn't realise how many times I said buy at the end of a phone conversation until my parrot started saying "ok bye bye bye" :o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I'd go with 9 - 5. :D

And before 9.

And after 5.

Before 9 breakfast is provided, and after 5 supper is provided!

That's how it works where I am at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭storker

Vel wrote: »
    I have ventured into the world of online dating.

I don't even know where to begin in terms of the annoyances.

Can't see myself sticking this out for long.

Think I'd rather be sad and lonely for the rest of my life than have to entertain messages such as this gem sent from a guy yesterday: 'Nice lips xxx. Are yer other pair as nice'

He's a real catch. You'd better grab him before he's taken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My own lack of will power is a TA.

Around this time every day I can practically hear the vending machine calling me to come look at the delights it has to offer.
    Just look, no buying.
    And I look. And then - wow- there is a shiny euro coin in my hands.
    Oooppps. Coin fell in to the machine.
    Better choose something now, be rude not to.

Nom nom nom.....guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Meetings between 12-2 should have lunch provided!

So they should.

People saying "so I will" or "so I am" after something is a TA. It adds nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Omackeral wrote: »
    People saying "so I will" or "so I am" after something is a TA. It adds nothing!

They do that in and around Drogheda ... so they do.

TA is buying something at lunchtime and having to carry it around over lunchtime as it's too big for my pockets but not big enough for be given a bag for

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Winterlong wrote: »
    My own lack of will power is a TA.

Around this time every day I can practically hear the vending machine calling me to come look at the delights it has to offer.
    Just look, no buying.
    And I look. And then - wow- there is a shiny euro coin in my hands.
    Oooppps. Coin fell in to the machine.
    Better choose something now, be rude not to.

Nom nom nom.....guilt.

The vending machine in my office has been fitted with a card reader, you don't even need a shiny coin in your mitts!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I'm sure this is mentioned a lot but for me, it has to be people who cruise the M50 in the middle lane when the slow lane is empty.

It drives me mad!

Also, slightly related. People who drive with their fog lights on during the day just to look cool!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The vending machine in my office has been fitted with a card reader, you don't even need a shiny coin in your mitts!

Oh here, that is a total TA. Making it easier for you to consume niceness.

That is pure abuse so it is. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Winterlong wrote: »
    Oh here, that is a total TA. Making it easier for you to consume niceness.

That is pure obese so it is. :D

Fixed your post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

He's a real catch. You'd better grab him before he's taken.

....... in to custody.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at myself when i was kid I thought they put Criminals into a huge bowl of Custard cos they were put in Custardy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Omackeral wrote: »
    People saying "so I will" or "so I am" after something is a TA.

It adds nothing!

So it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Jrop wrote: »
    TA at myself when i was kid I thought they put Criminals into a huge bowl of Custard cos they were put in Custardy

<Mumbles something about elephants wearing yellow slippers...> :D

I spent most of yesterday dying from malnutrition, and as a consequence i overcompensated today and brought about four gallons of pasta salad with me for lunch.....I'll be eating for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Put a colour bomb in my hair and it looks exactly the same. Smells like chemicals though :(

It might need to be pre-lightened or it might be a little bit too porous (dry, probably) to grab the colour.

Jrop wrote: »

Only for trifling offences....hundreds and thousands got it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »
    My TA is I have had a headcold for almost 2 f'n weeks now and it won't p*** off

1otzxy.jpg

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »

7up.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

I've got bad bloating and gas today, so bad I can't stand up straight so I'm spending today either lying down or hobbling around hunched up like Quasimodo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My back in killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Annoyed at my shocking memory. My bank has a car park with a three digit pin for you to exit the car park. They tell you the pin when you exit the bank. I had leave my car to go back and ask 3 times what the pin was because I kept forgetting. ITS 3 DIGITS

• Registered Users Posts: 34,246 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cyclists who use footpath lane instead of cycle lane which is right next to footpath and then they blow their stupid ****ing bell to tell you to get out of way. Next one is getting their bike kicked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Got my eyebrows done earlier and they are too dark . I look ridiculous..I'm trying to convince myself that they're not that bad but there's no denying it,they're shocking.ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that I never know how to end smalltalk.
    Met a couple I know earlier and we chatted for a few minutes but neither of us knew how to end the chat and just part ways.

"So..."
    "So that's about it."
    "Yeah that's all..."
    I back away slightly. "So.."
    "Yeah so..anyway we'll see you again"
    "Yeah see you soon!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Colser wrote: »
    Got my eyebrows done earlier and they are too dark . I look ridiculous..I'm trying to convince myself that they're not that bad but there's no denying it,they're shocking.ffs
    Bit of baby oil ;)

TA giving out trade secrets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Stupid sore throat, does know if it's coming or going. On a sugar rush from Strepsils.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

"Stop the world I want to get off"
    If it were at all possible I would fire you off this f*cking planet without even stopping it for uttering that phrase.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement