Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Bambi985 wrote: »
    IME they are literally that stereotype - Ned Flanders in the most heartwarming way. I have so many anecdotes of the absolute loveliness I used to encounter when I was out and about, from people stepping in to help me with luggage in Toronto Pearson airport to finding handwritten notes designed to brighten up a stranger's day on the subway. They have this "go ahead...no you go ahead...no I insist" culture where it's a major social taboo to be rude or not say please and thank you. And that's just Toronto, which most Canadians consider to be the "rudest" Canadian city!

The downsides were mainly that it began to not feel "real" after a while - just bloody yell or sigh like a normal person! - and the slow walkers. Goddamn the slow walkers. By London standards, Torontonians completely violate the meaning of "rush hour" - far less dodging out of power-walking commuters' way over there and lots of getting trapped behind people who are enjoying the view.

Yeah, I can see how it would start off heartwarming but after a while you just want someone to lose their shít :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Who designed the new Iarnrod Eireann website?

WTF?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Had the house to myself last night. Got a bottle of wine and settled down to the TV, and of course there was nothing on that took my fancy. I went to SKY movies and rented a film for the princely sum of €5.99. The film was The Silence....a load of aul trout! And it was directed by Martin Scorsese so I thought I was in for a treat. I watched half and turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Working with a guy who is simply mentally unstable. He kicks things in the office when hes angry and he has upset a few junior colleagues with his attitude, he even started shoving a guy in the car park who he didn't like. And why isn't he fired? His boss likes him (they often go on the p!ss) and will always step in to protect him. Even when I told the boss that if he crosses me again ill be ringing the Gaurds not HR he looked all surprised as if someone could have a problem with him. Sickening how people that should be sacked are protected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In the shower this morning, hair all suds, enjoying myself no end. When out of the corner of my eye I see a spider on the wall. I nearly broke my neck getting out of the shower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

In the shower this morning, hair all suds, enjoying myself no end. When out of the corner of my eye I see a spider on the wall. I nearly broke my neck getting out of the shower

Inigo Montoya of the arachnid world...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm feeling a bit down today so I decided to listen to music to cheer myself up, what comes up on my playlist but "I shall not walk alone" by the Blind Boys of Alabama. Now I want to be in floods of tears. :(:(:(:(

(That would be OK if I was at home, but I'm in work.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm reading a book at the moment that is driving me mental. It has an amazing plot line and different stores woven through it and has just the right mix of sexy suspense and terror etc. but the book itself is pure sh*te! It's as if someone took an amazing, epic spell binder off the shelf and wrote a dumbed down, condensed version of it. I can't understand it. I feel like re-writing the book myself and then reading it. :P

TA I really hope Lexie spared this poor little guy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Marje wrote: »
    TA about human beings in general - between loud talkers, cry babies, hear but don't heed and attention seekers.
    They all seem to congregate in one room this afternoon to specifically annoy me.

X 1000000000, EVERY SINGLE F£$king DAY!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

All those people telling me that the bloody rain was needed, a few weeks of settled weather had them baying for rain no pleasing some.

Keisha07 wrote: »
    All those people telling me that the bloody rain was needed, a few weeks of settled weather had them baying for rain no pleasing some.

Hate those people too.
    However, from a farming point of view, the rain was needed:o

Every time that song "Despacito" comes on the radio, I have the urge to dance in what I'd like to think resembles sexy latino style dancing but probably looks like a bad interpretation of Drake's Hotline Bling dance.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA I really hope Lexie spared this poor little guy
    It's his shower now :( only because I was afraid to try vacuum him up in case I got electrocuted. That'd be a tragedy

It's his shower now :( only because I was afraid to try vacuum him up in case I got electrocuted. That'd be a tragedy

Pop a pint glass over him, slide a piece of card underneath and deposit him outside :)

I'd rather have a friendly spider keeping down the flies.

TA my fluctuating appetite on this new diet. When I am in work and it's time for dinner and I have healthy dinner with me. Does ONW want it? Hell no. Sitting on the sofa later after the food cut off time. ONW is starving. Stupid body.

THERE'S RAIN? :eek:
    You lucky lucky region.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Can someone please slap me in the face to wake me up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Rinse him down the plug hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I spent most of last night watching a gorse fire make its way towards my house. I'll be relieved to see a bit of rain, and I'm annoyed it hasn't arrived yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Do they die if you rinse them down the plug hole? Have always pondered this.

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Usually that's exactly what I'd do but I got such a fright I leapt out and don't know where he went. Need a spider Hoover.

My TA is my legs go numb when I sit on ground and I'm having war with customer service on the phone, I'm sure there's a note on my account brandishing me physcotic

anna080 wrote: »
    Do they die if you rinse them down the plug hole? Have always pondered this.
    I doubt it. Tried flush one the other night and he was riding the tide like a professional surfer, he wasn't easy to drown. I captured one in a bin before and filled it with water and he could doggy paddle across the bin so they seem to be strong swimmers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I doubt it. Tried flush one the other night and he was riding the tide like a professional surfer, he wasn't easy to drown. I captured one in a bin before and filled it with water and he could doggy paddle across the bin so they seem to be strong swimmers

:pac: you need to film your spider escapades and share with us, they sound hilarious!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Pop a pint glass over him, slide a piece of card underneath and deposit him outside :)

I'd rather have a friendly spider keeping down the flies.

TA my fluctuating appetite on this new diet. When I am in work and it's time for dinner and I have healthy dinner with me. Does ONW want it? Hell no. Sitting on the sofa later after the food cut off time. ONW is starving. Stupid body.

I hate flies so much, they're so dirty.

On the topic of spiders, I thought they came in the house where it's warm because it's too cold outside and if you put them outside, they just die? Did I make that up? Did someone make it up and feed it to me as the truth?
    I don't mind spiders. There's a big one living in my bathroom but she's got a sack of eggs hanging off of her and the bathroom is really only big enough for one spider so I'll have to keep an eye on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Boom_Bap wrote:
    Can someone please slap me in the face to wake me up?

Open invite from a mod to slap them. :eek:

TA I cannot oblige. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

erica74 wrote: »
    I don't mind spiders. There's a big one living in my bathroom but she's got a sack of eggs hanging off of her and the bathroom is really only big enough for one spider so I'll have to keep an eye on things.

That genuinely sent a shiver down my spine and I generally don't mind spiders :(

That genuinely sent a shiver down my spine and I generally don't mind spiders :(

Sorry:o

Local schools using the estate im in atm as a shortcut between the church and school, hundreds of noisy and nosy kids walking past!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Usually that's exactly what I'd do but I got such a fright I leapt out and don't know where he went. Need a spider Hoover.

My TA is my legs go numb when I sit on ground and I'm having war with customer service on the phone, I'm sure there's a note on my account brandishing me physcotic

Maybe one of these would be handy https://www.spidercatcher.net/EU/home.htm
    erica74 wrote: »
    I hate flies so much, they're so dirty.

On the topic of spiders, I thought they came in the house where it's warm because it's too cold outside and if you put them outside, they just die? Did I make that up? Did someone make it up and feed it to me as the truth?

Not sure about spiders but that's true for ladybirds.

• Advertisement

Genuinely TA at all the cruel spider-killing mechanism chat. Some of us love all creatures - stop ruining the thread!:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement