Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Changed my Facebook profile photo, FB always shares a full size version and this time shared it twice. Sour status from someone saying ''some annoying tit posting constant selfies''. The last time I changed it was a week ago but before that it was months. So TA at sour people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Changed my Facebook profile photo, FB always shares a full size version and this time shared it twice. Sour status from someone saying ''some annoying tit posting constant selfies''. The last time I changed it was a week ago but before that it was months. So TA at sour people.

Wouldn't mind them, its usually the ugly ones that post stuff like that. You take selfies, so what? At least you're not a passive aggressive eejit. I think you should "like" the status

TA: in bed can't nap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭Allah snackbar

Wouldn't mind them, its usually the ugly ones that post stuff like that

It seems ugliness comes in many forms

Why do deli assistants take the fat off my Rasher when I buy a Rasher sandwich , is this a new thing , they look at me like I've 2 heads when I ask them to leave it on , why take off the tastiest piece of the Rasher

• Registered Users Posts: 21,668 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Why do deli assistants take the fat off my Rasher when I buy a Rasher sandwich , is this a new thing , they look at me like I've 2 heads when I ask them to leave it on , why take off the tastiest piece of the Rasher

Do you wear a nametag when ordering the rasher sandwich?

That might be why they're looking at you in a funny manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Haven't come across this, would prefer no fat myself but each to their own.

The latest trend among deli sandwich artists of putting the chicken fillet in after the other fillings so that it just falls out is very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I went shopping Friday and took a trolley. I noticed after that my right hand smelled of hand cream. Odd I thought. Shortly after I noticed that my left hand did too. Then it dawned in my that it was from the push bar on the shopping trolley. Some auld wan (presumably) had it before me and was after slathering her hands in cream. No big deal you might think but I don't really like the smell of hand cream as a women in the office stinks the place out with it every day so I've developed a bit of a dislike for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

gramar wrote: »
    I went shopping Friday and took a trolley. I noticed after that my right hand smelled of hand cream. Odd I thought. Shortly after I noticed that my left hand did too. Then it dawned in my that it was from the push bar on the shopping trolley. Some auld wan (presumably) had it before me and was after slathering her hands in cream. No big deal you might think but I don't really like the smell of hand cream as a women in the office stinks the place out with it every day so I've developed a bit of a dislike for it.

Maybe it was a man...are you sure it was hand cream?😀

In fairness there is a woman in our office that wears lavender body lotion /perfume every day and it turns my stomach...horrible scent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Colser wrote: »
    Maybe it was a man...are you sure it was hand cream?😀

It may have been a man and I'm not sure it was hand cream but if it had been the other type you're referring to I'll wager it would have smelled better!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

gramar wrote: »
    It may have been a man and I'm not sure it was hand cream but if it had been the other type you're referring to I'll wager it would have smelled better!

I'm not gone old spice either tbh..😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Even though I washed them, the socks I was wearing on a trip to the beach last week are still full of sand and it's in between my toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

TA;d that the girlfriend wouldn't let me get black curtains because "its weird" and now we have cream ones and we might as well not have curtains at all.

Trying to nap. Why does the universe not let me nap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

L & N plates up at the same time, because the person driving the car at any one time has 2 statuses?
    I'd say the Dutch are TA that you mistake them for learners :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Fell asleep in the garden, sunbathing in my shorts.
    Woken by a sudden heavy rain shower. Will be in bad form for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It seems ugliness comes in many forms

You're right. There's a lot of ugliness out there. Not too long ago I saw one poster in a thread describe how a woman was so unattractive he wouldn't ride her if she had bicycle pedals ;) awful way to speak about someone isn't it!

TA: when someone texts you to start a chat but just respond with one or two words to each message. It's like pulling teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Glenster wrote: »
    TA;d that the girlfriend wouldn't let me get black curtains because "its weird" and now we have cream ones and we might as well not have curtains at all.

Trying to nap. Why does the universe not let me nap?

Return them and get cream blackout ones. I have them in my back room and they are a godsend.
    ta I'm really drowsy today with this muggy weather

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When the handrail on the escalator moves slightly faster than the steps so you have to stretch until you can stretch no more, then have to reposition your hands

You're right. There's a lot of ugliness out there. Not too long ago I saw one poster in a thread describe how a woman was so unattractive he wouldn't ride her if she had bicycle pedals ;) awful way to speak about someone isn't it!

TA: when someone texts you to start a chat but just respond with one or two words to each message. It's like pulling teeth

It seems we're as ugly as each other

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA at my inner grammar nazi coming out.

i picked up a customer feedback form from an unnamed food joint as i paid for my food. Had a look through and spotted three errors. They have a tick the box system, average, good and.....
    ....out stading. they missed an ''n'' in clealiness, and then they end with this absolute clanger in the feedback box - ''want to get some out off your chest''?

i felt like putting in an extra category under ''spelling'' and ticking ''poor'' for the laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

People who think the year 2000 is in the 21st Century

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Yeah this is a disgusting side of boards that acceptable apparently m
    TA'ed boards allow it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Frank Kelly's "The 12 days of Christmas". It drives me insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

TA at having to put up a warning if I want to stay away from my Snapchat for a few hours because people honestly assume I'm dead if I haven't replied in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭Bredabe

All this fuss about Ireland not voting for England in the eurovision, get a grip, its a contest where anything can and does happen!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I see the most interesting threads(that were not there before) after I log out of boards.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The kid next door got a new moped. The noise out of it, but she seems delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA that I'm hungover as helk even though I stopped drinking before 1am.

Also TA that everytime I'm shopping I say I won't buy something I like cos I want to drop the dress size I put on going back to college last year. But I'm still not doing anything about it!

On that point, a shopping centre in town put up these big metal sticks at the top and bottom of the escalator. I've no clue why but I'm sure they've their reasons. Now I'm not THAT wide, but I always feel awkward about having to angle slightly to get through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

TA that I'm hungover as helk even though I stopped drinking before 1am.

Also TA that everytime I'm shopping I say I won't buy something I like cos I want to drop the dress size I put on going back to college last year. But I'm still not doing anything about it!

On that point, a shopping centre in town put up these big metal sticks at the top and bottom of the escalator. I've no clue why but I'm sure they've their reasons. Now I'm not THAT wide, but I always feel awkward about having to angle slightly to get through them.

Probably to stop buggies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The stupid rain. Why does it have to rain ?.

I am dripping wet from thr 5 min walk to work. So I went into the loo in work to dry myself with thr hairdryer but ohh no they have no hand dryer just them stupid Dyson ones that you stick your hand into.

So I had to end up drying myself with paper towels !!!

My hair now looks like 90s boy band rejact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA feeling the cold in my mid section (stomach/back) so much that I'm wearing an assortment of jumpers and a shawl I crocheted for my friend and I look like a Blasket Islander woman. I just need a pipe, a donkey and a creel of turf.
    Where did the glowing orange ball in the sky go? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement