Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TA feeling the cold in my mid section (stomach/back) so much that I'm wearing an assortment of jumpers and a shawl I crocheted for my friend and I look like a Blasket Islander woman. I just need a pipe, a donkey and a creel of turf.
    Where did the glowing orange ball in the sky go? :(

Tuck your vest in to your knickers for that cosy feeling, you're welcome ;)

TA it didn't rain here yesterday, which should make me TH, but I put off doing some washing and it was perfect breezy drying weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

as above, not mowing my lawn yesterday and its peeing down now :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When the lids on spice jars don't snap down closed again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The stupid rain. Why does it have to rain ?.

I am dripping wet from thr 5 min walk to work. So I went into the loo in work to dry myself with thr hairdryer but ohh no they have no hand dryer just them stupid Dyson ones that you stick your hand into.

So I had to end up drying myself with paper towels !!!

My hair now looks like 90s boy band rejact

It's just the clouds crying. They're sad.

Annoyed I can't get mojoed today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People complaining about scenes in a soap being too violent and not being suitable for children. Seemingly oblivious to the fact their child shouldn't be watching soaps in the first place as they tend not to be geared towards children

• Advertisement

Nanny state schools dictating to parents about what goes into their kids lunchboxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Adults who use child like words such as interwebs and telly box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

People complaining about scenes in a soap being too violent and not being suitable for children. Seemingly oblivious to the fact their child shouldn't be watching soaps in the first place as they tend not to be geared towards children

Or people who complain about violence and adult themes in video games. They're for adults. Buy your kids a Mario game not Grand Theft Auto you moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Nanny state schools dictating to parents about what goes into their kids lunchboxes.

I actually see this as a positive thing.

TA I have a headache.

Feeling fine on a Monday morning and then all of a sudden at 11am the tiredness and the effects of the wine the night before hit :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

TA'd by Mondays in a general sense. Totally switched off at the weekend and still in silly mode, procrastinating like noone's business and haven't even put a dent in my to-do list for the day. Spitting rain outside and people are in a foul mood, not least myself because I bloody hate Mondays. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Feeling fine on a Monday morning and then all of a sudden at 11am the tiredness and the effects of the wine the night before hit :(
    When I was younger and wilder that was the worst part of the day after the night before. The morning time was grand cause I'd still be drunk but I'd start to sober up around noon and by 4 I'd be on deaths door.

TA: me now would be disgusted with me then :(
    Me then would think me now was a boring bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

And then when you get older the 2 day hangover kicks in. No one warned me about this.

Winterlong wrote: »
    And then when you get older the 2 day hangover kicks in. No one warned me about this.

Eugh. TA getting old. For a long time I actually thought I was tired. Around late twenties I started to feel tired and I would put it down to a tough week in work or exams etc. Then when I hit 32 I suddenly realized, hang on - I can't be f*cking tired all the time for four years, maybe I am just old. :( When I'm curled up on the sofa with a blazing fire going and a nice chilled bottle of wine and Netflix ready to go, if someone said to me, "hey let's go out clubbing" I would actually die.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Eugh. TA getting old. For a long time I actually thought I was tired. Around late twenties I started to feel tired and I would put it down to a tough week in work or exams etc. Then when I hit 32 I suddenly realized, hang on - I can't be f*cking tired all the time for four years, maybe I am just old. :( When I'm curled up on the sofa with a blazing fire going and a nice chilled bottle of wine and Netflix ready to go, if someone said to me, "hey let's go out clubbing" I would actually die.

As someone said before...

In your 20s means you are disgusted if you weren't included in plans to go out on the town

In your 30s means you are disgusted if you are included in plans to go out on the town

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Bumping into someone you used to fancy when you're soaked wet, in scruffy leggings, hair is greasy and you're pretty sure you smell like BO. Fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

....that every wedding these days turns out to be a 2-3 day affair....seriously, do I really have to go to the next day bbq, I only barely like you at all..!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have to walk to the bus in the rain !!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    ....that every wedding these days turns out to be a 2-3 day affair....seriously, do I really have to go to the next day bbq, I only barely like you at all..!!!

Would have thought weddings had a higher success rate than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Going on holiday soon and I'm feeling very overwhelmed by everything I have to do/buy, etc.

I have most of my clothes but still have to pick up a few more bits, then the other half has to buy his stuff and he wants me to accompany him, which I don't mind but I'm just hoping he can find everything on the one shopping trip so we don't have to trek out again.

I also have a fear I'm going to forget stuff.
    I know about passports, tickets, money, etc but I bet I'll forget something and I won't remember until we arrive at our destination.

TA'd that I am very grumpy today and extremely stressed out and I think I'm getting a migraine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

TA that today hasn't been great, but my bad day of the week is usually Tuesday, not Monday, so who knows what tomorrow will be like :O

fussyonion wrote: »
    Going on holiday soon and I'm feeling very overwhelmed by everything I have to do/buy, etc.

I have most of my clothes but still have to pick up a few more bits, then the other half has to buy his stuff and he wants me to accompany him, which I don't mind but I'm just hoping he can find everything on the one shopping trip so we don't have to trek out again.

I also have a fear I'm going to forget stuff.
    I know about passports, tickets, money, etc but I bet I'll forget something and I won't remember until we arrive at our destination.

TA'd that I am very grumpy today and extremely stressed out and I think I'm getting a migraine.

Anytime I go anywhere I make a long list of EVERYTHING I need. Then as it's packed away I tick off the list. That way you won't forget a thing.

My throat's killing me right now and I know coffee doesn't help but I keep on drinking it. Time for some honey maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

anna080 wrote: »
    Bumping into someone you used to fancy when you're soaked wet, in scruffy leggings, hair is greasy and you're pretty sure you smell like BO. Fabulous.

Where is Mr.Tayto when you need him:)

Just got a Samsung A5 (2017 version) this afternoon, and thankfully they included one of the fast chargers as the charger.

However, how annoying is it that in their wisdom Samsung has changed the USB phone charger type so now the chargers for all the other Samsung phones in the house will not work with this precious little new one. Yet another thing I have to add to the 800 nappies, nappy bags, wipes, tissues, 364 bibs and everything else if I have to leave the house for a night. Not to mention that most people will not have this charger if you happen to be in some random place without a charger.

A bit of research and these new USB chargers are called USB Type-C, whereas the "old" (which I bought last summer!) USB chargers are called USB Type-B (Micro-USB). According to this article, these new ones will be the standard for phones shortly but they don't have the technology to do all they can (in terms of data transfer) for a while more so, as I expected, they're just an inconvenience - but sure I'll be "prepared" for something down the road!
    USB-Connector ports also support the USB 3.1 standard, and this is where things get a little confusing. In addition to charging your phone, USB 3.1 will quickly transfer data and videos through the cable. You can also charge other gadgets using your phone's reserves.

But phones with USB-C charging don't automatically support USB 3.1's nifty features (wahhh!). Right now, phones are mostly adopting the plug type, but not the other perks. The rest of the USB 3.1 features will happen eventually, but if your phone already has the USB-C connector, you'll be prepared to take full advantage when other protocols come into play.

In order to take in USB-C's full USB 3.1 bounty, the operating system really does make a difference. The software has to be coded to work with all those extra features other than plain-old charging. Android 7.0 Nougat supports USB-C 3.1 (and so did 6.0 Marshmallow), but even then, device makers have to opt in for their hardware to start using it.

Note to self: get USB-B to USB-C adapter tomorrow. Well played, tech industry!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭MySandwich

"Resealable" packets of ham

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Two ladies crossing the road and stopped on the pedestrian crossing for a chat. This morning when everyone was trying to get to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was tired around 8 pm & now I am wide awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭gifted

Inept plagerising supervisors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Stoopid ar$e of a stupid Phone. Flashlight has stopped working on it. :(

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Where is Mr.Tayto when you need him:)

Apt :)

I should be asleep now but I'm not. Woe is me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement