Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's gonna be a long day, only up an hour and everyone and everything is annoying me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Being left on read!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA at the persistent need for curry chips. Maybe I just need carbohydrates, but it's not very practical as I live a long way from a chip shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I used to be great at speaking in front of an audience but seem to have lost my mojo.
    Am addressing a crowd of 50 or so later this morning and am consumed by the fear! They are a friendly crowd and there really is nothing to worry about.
    BUT STILL...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at doctors I had an appointment yesterday been waiting 2 years for this and the doctor fobs me off another 3 months. I need a minor op but he refused to carry it out GRRR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

OH is like a bloody elephant in the morning, banging doors and opening drawers loudly and pottering around the house like it's the middle of the afternoon even though it's 5am...bloody knackered now because of it :mad:

Also the battery life of my iPhone is truly taking the piss. It's at 60% now after an hour-long commute to work. Have been back to the Apple store and they keep trying to sell me sh1t or telling me I need to buy a new one even though it's about 18 months old. Getting reaaalllllly sick of Apple and their bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Gastric flu :( up all night trying to get sick. Was meant to accompany my mother to a hospital appointment today. Feel rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Bambi985 wrote: »
    OH is like a bloody elephant in the morning, banging doors and opening drawers loudly and pottering around the house like it's the middle of the afternoon even though it's 5am...bloody knackered now because of it :mad:

Also the battery life of my iPhone is truly taking the piss. It's at 60% now after an hour-long commute to work. Have been back to the Apple store and they keep trying to sell me sh1t or telling me I need to buy a new one even though it's about 18 months old. Getting reaaalllllly sick of Apple and their bullsh1t.

Top tip - delete facebook app and instead use it through a browser. Saved my battery life.

TA - when you are speaking to people, you mispronounce a word - they pull a face, repeat what you said and then act like its the funniest thing they heard. FFS you knew what I meant, just f*cking get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Winterlong wrote: »
    I used to be great at speaking in front of an audience but seem to have lost my mojo.
    Am addressing a crowd of 50 or so later this morning and am consumed by the fear! They are a friendly crowd and there really is nothing to worry about.
    BUT STILL...

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Bambi985 wrote: »

Well where did you buy the phone ?.

If you didn't buy it from apple they do not have to give you a free battery at all as its up to who you bought it from to fix the issue. Not Apple.

Also 18 months for a battery all depends on what kind of use it has. Apple can test it and tell you the health of the battery. And they know how may % is left in the battery in question. The way i used to explain this is by my 3 year old mac i don't expect it to have a 9 hour battery anymore I expect it to have about 5 hours after all the use it has been giving.

Have you don't a complete fresh install of IOS from a PC ?. With no backup put on to the phone and start from fresh to see how the battery life is then. ?.

A battery is about 80 pound for a phone pay for it .... its not that much at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

everlast75 wrote: »
    Top tip - delete facebook app and instead use it through a browser. Saved my battery life.

Oh I've done that. And Instragram and LinkedIn and Twitter - none of those social media apps now exist on my phone. Which has been a revelation I must say, but has done fcuk all for my battery life.

I thought it had something to do with an app I use a lot in relation to a product my company develops, but i've deleted that for a few days to no avail. It's just a piece of sh1t, at least I think that's the technical term.
    Well where did you buy the phone ?.

If you didn't buy it from apple they do not have to give you a free battery at all as its up to who you bought it from to fix the issue. Not Apple.

Also 18 months for a battery all depends on what kind of use it has. Apple can test it and tell you the health of the battery. And they know how may % is left in the battery in question. The way i used to explain this is by my 3 year old mac i don't expect it to have a 9 hour battery anymore I expect it to have about 5 hours after all the use it has been giving.

Have you don't a complete fresh install of IOS from a PC ?. With no backup put on to the phone and start from fresh to see how the battery life is then. ?.

A battery is about 80 pound for a phone pay for it .... its not that much at all.

Bought it from Apple 18 months ago. They tested the battery life and it was grand. Also downloaded an app . that told me the same thing. I just need a new phone apparently, because sh1t happens. Was more or less what they told me. Not expecting to get some miraculous Nokia 32-10 style battery life out of the thing where it stays on for months, but leaving the house for more than an hour or two without having to lug around my charger and hope I can connect to a socket somewhere would be bloody nice i have to say.

Haven't done the IOS fresh install. Does that mean I'll lose all my backup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Well then if apple does not find a issue with the product there is notting wrong with the phone i used to work for them and if it don't fail any tests its in the hands of the user the issue.

Your next step is to do a fresh install of IOS on your phone from a computer and if the battry life is still bad you can use your CS rights then. Also don't lie about it having a fresh iOS install apple will know as on the system we can check if it was been done.

I used to work for apple in the support its fantastic and some of the best support i have ever seen from a company they do try and help you.

You can get your phone repaired but you need to do a fresh iOS install on the system from a computer with no backup. If you wont do this apple wont help you. You can use your customer rights but they will say just do this and do a repair. I have got callers loads of free repairs on there phones by booking in apts and getting them to say there customer rights to me on the phone.

The way i used to say it was what are you when you go into a shop ?. They would go customer. And would you have any kind of rights and i would say rights so bluntly. And get the caller to say both words at the same time bam free repair. But you have to go back to the shop you bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

BUT STILL...

Remember, just because you're nervous doesn't mean it will be a bad presentation.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Remember, just because you're nervous doesn't mean it will be a bad presentation.

It went grand. I just pictured them all naked and then when I had stopped laughing I delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Parcel tracking numbers on ebay that provide no useful info
    Tracking #:SYBAA22657556
    Courier:Other

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Bed all day and I've no one to walk the dog for me :(

Every five to ten minutes I get a sudden pain in the top of my head and it goes away just as suddenly. It's annoying me. My brain's not functioning on the higher levels and I keep saying ''literally'' when that's not what I mean. I passed someone I know a while ago and he said ''Lovely day, Widdershins!'
    ''Oh, literally! Isn't it literally beautiful today!'' .

I'm annoyed about everything even though I've lots of reasons to be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Going for lunch. Had one place in mind but knew a new place opened next to it so said I'd look at the menu of new place and maybe try there. But reached the original place first and was too lazy to walk past it to look at the menu so I'm sitting here raging now thinking I'm missing out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I feel like I'm my manager's boss. Constantly have to chase for everything. Getting annoying tbh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Had to give performance reviews yesterday.

Due to a bad experience in the past where a girl started hysterically crying because of a moderately bad review (wasn't even the worst one that day) I feel as though I have to be more subtle with the women. This means I end up giving the men (I think) useful advice and being anodyne with the women and laving them with nothing to work on.

TA that I feel as though I have to do that.

• Advertisement

Everyone seems to want an argument today. 'Cept me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Glenster wrote: »

Due to a bad experience in the past where a girl started hysterically crying because of a moderately bad review (wasn't even the worst one that day) I feel as though I have to be more subtle with the women. This means I end up giving the men (I think) useful advice and being anodyne with the women and laving them with nothing to work on.

This made me laugh because I'm studying HRM in college and did an exam where I had to explain a "bad performance review" and it was literally that:pac:

Edit to add: I'm not criticising you in any way so don't take that the wrong way please :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

A pedestrian crossing the road pressing the button for the green man when they've crossed the road before the light has even changed to red and making the oncoming traffic stop for nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Glenster wrote: »

I don't think you should feel like you have to do that because of one woman's reaction. Of course be sensitive in how you handle things (with both sexes), but treat them as equally as possible. You're doing them a disservice otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

maudgonner wrote: »
    I don't think you should feel like you have to do that because of one woman's reaction. Of course be sensitive in how you handle things (with both sexes), but treat them as equally as possible. You're doing them a disservice otherwise.

I agree, and consider also that her overreaction may have been due to something temporary and unrelated to the job.

twill wrote: »
    I agree, and consider also that her overreaction may have been due to something temporary and unrelated to the job.

That's happened with me when i had too much on my mind and I'm really not one to show stress in front of people, shes possibly worried youve now marked her as unstable or feeble (although i wouldnt blame you in a way)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I needed to use super glue today and found 3 tubes of it. One the lid was glued onto it. The nozzle on another was blocked with glue, tried pushing a pin through, hot water, no luck. Nevermind, third time lucky I thought. The third tube was dried up, hard as a rock. I think I may have Tourettes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

73Cat wrote: »
    I needed to use super glue today and found 3 tubes of it. One the lid was glued onto it. The nozzle on another was blocked with glue, tried pushing a pin through, hot water, no luck. Nevermind, third time lucky I thought. The third tube was dried up, hard as a rock. I think I may have Tourettes.

Just try and hold things together as best you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Everyone seems to want an argument today. 'Cept me.

No they don't!!!

Arguementative types:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

gramar wrote: »
    Just try and hold things together as best you can.

The struggle is real :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement