Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Trying to be all healthy at the salad bar and then later in work, sifting wistfully through the broccoli and peppers asking myself why I didn't load up on boiled eggs, cheese, coleslaw :(

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Having a shower this morning (electric shower) and fell victim to a power cut while in mid rinse. Had to continue rinse with cold water in bathroom sink.

And on a less serious note, went shopping this afternoon. Reached blindly into the car ashtray to take out the trolley token. Only noticed I had the wrong one when I got to the supermarket entrance and tried to shove a €2 sized token into a €1 sized slot. Didn't even have a €1 coin to take its place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Found a stray sweetcorn in a tin of beans.

Day ruined.

It might already have been eaten

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Getting a picture of some random persons penis sent to my snapchat and unknowingly opening it in the staff room at lunch. Why would someone send me that???

KatW4 wrote: »
    Getting a picture of some random persons penis sent to my snapchat and unknowingly opening it in the staff room at lunch. Why would someone send me that???

Sh1t, wrong person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Couldn't sleep last night and had an interview at 8:30, so gave up around 5 so if I did fall asleep I wouldn't sleep and miss it. Got the bus at 7:40, arrived early, that was ok but then the interview lasted all of five minutes and all they did was ask about my cv. Left ten minutes after arriving but felt positive as thats how long the people before and after were there for. (Was a bit embarrassed as it was the same bus driver he basicly picked me up on the return journey :o). I thought oh well at least I went and they said they'd be going through the applications later so I'd find out soon and could get the job.

Got home, collapsed, checked my email and its a no. What a waste of time, bus money and sleep. I had longer talks with people just handing in my cv. I could have slept :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

What I hate is that the standard bag is way too big. They don't make small bags. It is so annoying.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Smokers waiting till you walk past to exhale in your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Having to go home early from a rare few drinks cos I've work in morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

It's too humid to sleep with the window closed, but if leave it open I'll hear EVERYTHING and I'll never sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Having to go on a long drive down the country when really I just want to go back to bed and veg for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

At the Springsteen gig last night,

You could buy plastic bottles of Carlsberg outside the pitch in the toilet:food area), but couldn't bring them onto the pitch.

You could also buy them on the pitch, but couldn't bring them off the pitch.

The vast movement of people on/off the pitch meant once you were committed to leaving the pitch (beer in hand), there was no going back!!

The 'bouncers' were simply plucking people's full bottles of beer off them. 20 seconds later you could buy more (€6 for a 500ml bottle).

What the actual fluich

Being indecisive about what to do today. Will I hope on a train? I'd want to get out of bed and sort myself out if that's the case.

Also I had pizza last night and is always the case after I eat a lot I know look pregnant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

At the Springsteen gig last night,

You could buy plastic bottles of Carlsberg outside the pitch in the toilet:food area), but couldn't bring them onto the pitch.

You could also buy them on the pitch, but couldn't bring them off the pitch.

The vast movement of people on/off the pitch meant once you were committed to leaving the pitch (beer in hand), there was no going back!!

The 'bouncers' were simply plucking people's full bottles of beer off them. 20 seconds later you could buy more (€6 for a 500ml bottle).

What the actual fluich

Reminds me of buying a bottle of sprite in the O2.3 a few years back. They keep the bottle top. Just because some disgruntled Guns and Roses fans decide they'll bottle Axl doesn't mean that I'm going to lob a full bottle of sprite at Peter Kay.

I was just dosing off for a nice nap when some man rings the doorbell 20 bloody times in a row. Once is fine you ignorant little git. Now I'm TA'd that I'm wide awake again with a headache when I could be asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I HATE people who can not meet you on time.
    Certain "friend" last night arranged to meet me at 9am so we could go for a walk to s scenic place.
    Its now 12pm and they sent me a message at 11 saying they don't want to get out of bed.
    Told them to ****ing stay there.
    If you want to lay in bed its fine, but waste peoples time (and weekend) around it.
    ****ing hate it!

Not knowing what to wear in warm weather :(

Will I just wear bare legs under my skirt? I don't like jeans. Well they don't like me. Or maybe bare legs is a bit much but then I'll look wintery in my tights.

:(

Not knowing what to wear in warm weather :(

Will I just wear bare legs under my skirt? I don't like jeans. Well they don't like me. Or maybe bare legs is a bit much but then I'll look wintery in my tights.

:(

Yesterday it started cold, so wore a tights with my skirt but as the day went on it got so warm :(

TA that now the rest of my days plans are disrupted due to that twat. Oh well.

Now I'm TA'd I didn't make plans!!!!!!!

Argh!!!!

:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd by old peoples love of crockery. I went to meadows&Byrne with my mother. I thought it might be nice to spend a bit of time with her but I feel like I've been here days.... I might die here yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Seth Rogen.

I'm watching that movie, you know the one, where he smokes weed.

Got very bad stomach cramps - not like "I have a stomach bug" but constant twinges?
    Never had it up where my stomach is - very irritating, going to eat a nice dinner and hope maybe a good meal settles it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Baggage reclaim belts! Instead of everyone huddling aroundit, if everyone stood a foot back from the belt we could all see when our case is coming and THEN step forward to reclaim it! And why does every family member have to stand around it, can you not just delegate one person

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Burger Please

Idiots at airport security forgetting to remove belts, coins etc. and delaying those of use who actually prepare in advance. There should be scanners for the obese,stupid and smelly and scanners for the normal people

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭DaithiMa

Every time I make a mistake when inputting a number into my remote for my upc/virgin (whatever it is these days) tv box I end up being redirected to a generic channel where Dave f***ing Fanning is the host. I dislike Fanning intensely by the way. That is why this annoys me.

Writing an essay on a Saturday night.

Having about 3 months notice of said essay but leaving it until the last minute.

Leaving food in the oven and forgetting about it.

The rain which destroyed my almost dry clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

ta'd everything i eat gives me stomach pain and i look pregnant from bloating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I sat at the bar in Hueston Sation reading a Vogue and drinking a pint of Guinness last week. Got some strange looks.

Bliss! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Burger Please

Those f4gg0ts that walk around with trousers so tight, some say they neuter the wearer (maybe not a bad thing). Always talking far too loud about whatever sh1t enters their mind about changing to be a female soon. Guess the trousers really did crush their bollocks!

Mod: Banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Bliss! ;)

Dropped three yokes, kicked a puppy into the liffey, and set fire to a bin. Bliss!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement