Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

73Cat wrote: »
    The struggle is real :(

It's a sticky situation. Or not as the case may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The funny GIFs thread keeps causing my browser to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA I'm getting a migrane when I have shedloads to do. Unexpected guests arriving on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Clothes shops hanging clothes on really crappy unsuitable hangers.
    I see this a lot in Penneys.
    Now, I love Penneys. I take their clothes for what they are - you're not going to get years out of the clothes but they're cheap and the odd time you'll find a gem that lasts you a long time (I have some great coats and jackets out of there that have lasted me years). I also think Penneys is great for summer clothes, lighter fabrics and bright colours etc.
    So for what they're selling, they really need to put their best foot forward, make the clothes look as appealing as possible but instead you see stuff just fucked onto any old hanger and looking like shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

New Look is cat altogether for things feiced around the place. Dunnes guilty of constantly using different-sized Hangers for different-sized Clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

New Look is cat altogether for things feiced around the place.

My TA is that people don't use the expression 'cat' enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The laces on my work brogues just won't stay tied. I'll have to cut the circulation to my feet off to tie them as tight as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭MySandwich

People who use the word evangelist in their job title or Linkedin profile can f*ck right off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A clients little boy came in with his mammy this evening, super cute. 3 years old. He had a lollipop. He always always always gives me a hug and a kiss goodbye. Today he went straight for the lips and plonked a huge sticky lollipop kiss on my lips. Accidently licked my lips before ibwiped it off and I could taste the yummy lollipop. Now I'm annoyed because I have no lollipop and the longing is on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Demforeigners

Little scrotes walking around with a portable speaker blasting out the worst type of music. They don't even play the full song while constantly skipping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

PMS has arrived with much pain :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Waiting patiently at the lights to cross the road, when the green man turned I started to walk across. I am then beeped at by a taxi man who throws his arms in the air with anger at me.... I mean how DARE I get in his way as he broke the lights, amnt I just so RUDE?? Absolute idiot, he really put a bee in my bonnet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Am so annoyed I'm just after getting Petrol for 133 and around the corner it was 132 and I wouldn't mind but I usually do a quick scoot around the town to see if all the Petrol-Stations are the same but I just didn't on this occasion. :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Am so annoyed I'm just after getting Petrol for 133 and around the corner it was 132 and I wouldn't mind but I usually do a quick scoot around the town to see if all the Petrol-Stations are the same but I just didn't on this occasion. :mad::mad:

Your quick scoot probably costs what you save in petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Check out http://www.pumps.ie save the scooting

I love my sleep. It is one of the things I excel at - sleeping.
    But God love the world when I do not get a straight 8 hours.
    Like last night...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that I'm sleeping well but wake up feeling exhausted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Waking up in a bog of sweat and a damp t-shirt :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

....this is actually more than a trivial annoyance but I am ticked off that the local Irish school has a first come first served policy and takes no account of the fact that I am fully fluent in Irish ...meaning my son (born in the month of April and can speak basic Irish) won't get a place as the list opened the previous September (when he was barely conceived), and it's already full from applications from local English speaking families....joke.

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    ....this is actually more than a trivial annoyance but I am ticked off that the local Irish school has a first come first served policy and takes no account of the fact that I am fully fluent in Irish ...meaning my son (born in the month of April and can speak basic Irish) won't get a place as the list opened the previous September (when he was barely conceived), and it's already full from applications from local English speaking families....joke.

Our local irish school have an interview with the parents in irish. It is a requirement of the school that one of the parents be fluent in irish.
    But even at that they are still over subscribed and then have to apply catchment area rules etc.
    But their selection process only starts 12 months before the child would start school. Not at conception!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being put on a high heel ban from my physio. :(
    If you see a small little gremlin around the place make sure you say hello Lexie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I am experiencing the sleep thing too - waking about ten times a night. not enough to disturb me, but enough that I am aware of it. also yes the heat at night is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Buckle up. I may be a while.

My TA is "man flu". The whole f**king concept.

I hate
    a) blokes who use the phrase, or claim to be suffering from it. You either have a cold or the flu. Take the appropriate steps and then STFU. Stop trying to illicit sympathy by saying man flu, you sound utterly pathetic and ye are doing the rest of us men no favours either by propagating the phrase.

b) women who try to slag off blokes who have a cold, saying they have man flu. And not once but twice in the last week, I heard a woman say "god help you if you had a baby; we would never hear the end of it". Well guess what.. men never hear the end of women saying what they go through having babies, so those women are no f**king better than the men they complain about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who keep forgetting that I am vegetarian. I mean, I don't give a f*ck if they forget where it is irrelevant, but when it comes to actually offering me meat food and asking why I wont eat certain things. A coworker that I have worked with for NINE years now asked me why I wasn't having the fish for lunch and I had to tell her, "because I'm veggie". She often offers me slices of ham etc in the kitchen and every time I politely say, "not thanks, I'm veggie". It's not that difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who keep forgetting that I am vegetarian. I mean, I don't give a f*ck if they forget where it is irrelevant, but when it comes to actually offering me meat food and asking why I wont eat certain things. A coworker that I have worked with for NINE years now asked me why I wasn't having the fish for lunch and I had to tell her, "because I'm veggie". She often offers me slices of ham etc in the kitchen and every time I politely say, "not thanks, I'm veggie". It's not that difficult!

I'm sure she knows well. Some people just like to be arseholes about these kind of things. In my old work place a few colleagues used to bet to see how many times they could get one co-worker to say "no thanks, I'm a vegetarian", in a day.

TA'd at annoying co workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭Bredabe

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm sure she knows well. Some people just like to be arseholes about these kind of things. In my old work place a few colleagues used to bet to see how many times they could get one co-worker to say "no thanks, I'm a vegetarian", in a day.

TA'd at annoying co workers.
    Not confined to vegetarianism, my TA is ppl who cant take a pleasant No for an answer and continue to push and push.
    PS If I had wanted that item you insist on offering me, I would have said so 1st time and not annoy myself by refusing 17 times! :eek::eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Are you sure she's not being a you-know-what?

TA when hospital patients have too many very noisy visitors, especially at night. And other patients themselves being disrespectful loudmouths and having the television on loud. They might just be recovering from straightforward surgery and it doesn't occur to them that their neighbours aren't 'in' for the same reason. Some people are sick, sore or have bad news they need to process quietly. Essentially, it's up to six women or men sharing a relatively small bedroom (small for so many adults). Add visitors on top of that and the need to be mindful of others' privacy is much more important.

Normally TA about people smoking outside hospitals but kind of revised my opinion on that one after my recent stay-I can see how, when you're fasting (maybe for days), worried, and can't even have a cup of tea, you might get desperate enough to do it, just for something to shore up your sanity.

Really TA'd at the way they fling the butts into the rose beds, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I worked with a woman for about seven years, who had homemade ham sandwiches every single day, with ham from a specific shop. The subject came up on day about eating pork. "Oh Jesus no, I would never eat pork" she says.
    When I told her where ham came from, she just said "Yeah, well that's different" and kept munching away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Bredabe wrote: »
    Not confined to vegetarianism, my TA is ppl who cant take a pleasant No for an answer and continue to push and push.
    PS If I had wanted that item you insist on offering me, I would have said so 1st time and not annoy myself by refusing 17 times! :eek::eek:

mrs-doyle-gif.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Bredabe wrote: »

i get this all the time.
    I say no thank you, they ask again and again and again, still no thank you.
    then you have to get a bit firmer without being rude. no
    ask and ask

finally its a NO.
    now they think I'm rude or ungrateful.

just take no for an answer. if I wanted it I would say yes.

worst of all is at dinner, they offer you gravy and you say no thank you or just a small bit. its like they just heard pour it all on I like a big plate of slop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement