Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

^^

"But I made it myself"

All the more reason I don't fcuken want any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The phrase...'it's been well documented'. If you asked anyone who used that phrase where in fact it was documented they wouldn't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Getting a thick strip of my long hair up my nose somehow, while walking along and carrying stuff so my hands are full and not being able to deal with it for a minute. Reaching into a drawer where the butter has melted and getting it all over my hand which is now coming out in water blisters from the grease. Inside of the drawer's greasy with butter too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The way people all shift forward a couple of inches on the platform as the luas approaches. It's not here yet, you don't need to be standing exactly at the edge of the platform when it pulls in. It wont go without you. it's not a f*cking bus :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just sliced my finger with a spoon. Not sure if anyone has actually ever managed to do that before. But alas, I have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The way people all shift forward a couple of inches on the platform as the luas approaches. It's not here yet, you don't need to be standing exactly at the edge of the platform when it pulls in. It wont go without you. it's not a f*cking bus :mad:

The same thing but queueing in traffic. If you're 10 cars back when the light goes green it's pointless edging forward. Particularly annoying if you're behind a vehicle (pronounced ve-he-kel)
    that blocks your view of the lights and you move forward when they do only to realise the lights haven't even changed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

gramar wrote: »
    The same thing but queueing in traffic. If you're 10 cars back when the light goes green it's pointless edging forward. Particularly annoying if you're behind a vehicle (pronounced ve-he-kel)
    that blocks your view of the lights and you move forward when they do only to realise the lights haven't even changed yet.

Ever notice that the people who edge, edge, edge, eeeedge then take longer than normal to move off when the light actually goes green? Drives me demented, just stay at the line, where you can properly see the lights and then move off. You are not saving any time by being 2 or 3 feet forward.

On co-workers offering food, I went through the same thing in every workplace I've been in. I have a number of allergies and I also try to avoid sugar as much as possible and I would have always had to explain things numerous times (despite really really not wanting to because eating habits are nearly as taboo in the workplace as religion, politics and abortion). I feel like these people are looking for an argument though, like they want to get into a big "discussion" about how your eating habits are wrong or strange or whatever they think.

gramar wrote: »

This drives me mental too actually. When I get to a set of red lights (provided I am not at the top of the queue) I place my car at a reasonable distance from the one in front and go into neutral and handbrake, especially if I know the junction sequence and am sure I will be there for a time! Gradually, all the cars in front start inching up and then the car behind will start inching up too, to put pressure on me to move up also. Well no you can just feck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Should really look at the labels on my spices. Picked up what I presumed was Cinnamon this morn - big letter C on the lid. All over the 5yr olds porridge..
    Quickly learned that she does not like Chilli - big letter C on the lid, porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭gifted

When herself tells me she wants to eat out at ten to seven with the three kids....I point out that it's late for the girls and I end up in the doghouse for saying no....gggrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

In work I don't get how people get into SR roles.

Sr software dev who is studying wait for it advanced computer networking.

Cant understand why her new dev unit will not work on the computer network in the office.

She did not plug in the the enternet cable into the lan port on her pc .....

FML your studying computer networking and cant plug a cable into a pc ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just back from a delayed honeymoon cruise. Had started getting funny/snide comments about a little present in 9 months even before we got on the plane. Had to deal with even more since we've come back. FFS like we didn't just spend a ton of money on a cruise to just spend the entire time in bed! There will be NO BABIES. But I don't want to explain that to every fckin busybody aunt who thinks it's fine to talk about my reproductive system on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Platform Chess I call it. TA when people do it on the train also. They need to be first on, though my train is the first train from m3 @ 650 and never full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Just back from a delayed honeymoon cruise. Had started getting funny/snide comments about a little present in 9 months even before we got on the plane. Had to deal with even more since we've come back. FFS like we didn't just spend a ton of money on a cruise to just spend the entire time in bed! There will be NO BABIES. But I don't want to explain that to every fckin busybody aunt who thinks it's fine to talk about my reproductive system on facebook.
    Just tell them you can't get pregnant from anal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

ignoring use by dates on perishables that go off in 5 minutes. was greeted with smelly chicken tikka in the fridge. actually, it had a couple of days to go but the packet was left slightly open, enough to go off.

making plans/having thoughts at night that don't seem as appealing in the morning because you got **** sleep, or just not bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Mollyb60 wrote:

This is one of the most inconsiderate things you can ask anyone. What if you had been trying for a baby and it wasn't working... people just don't think

I was 11 weeks pregnant when a lady asked me was I having any more. We hadn't told people at this stage. I said trying every night - She didn't know where to look and never asked me again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

It's the only way, embarrass the dumbo asking the inappropriately personal question.

My TA is lack of energy. Have loads to do but stuck on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

This is one of the most inconsiderate things you can ask anyone. What if you had been trying for a baby and it wasn't working... people just don't think

I was 11 weeks pregnant when a lady asked me was I having any more. We hadn't told people at this stage. I said trying every night - She didn't know where to look and never asked me again
    Do you know what your having? Yes but I'm not bloody telling you who I hardly know!
    Any sign of number 2...?
    Any sign of number 3....?

Repeat until you've had enough kids to satisfy the nosey feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Jesus, you're not married yet, how old are you now? Jesus didn't she get married very young?
    You know them, social welfare crowd money for nothing and loads of kids. How many has she now, they must be always at it. Shure she won't even look at you the job she has thinks she's better than the rest of us. Blah Blah Blah.
    How many more years will you spend in college, it's a man you need not education. How does she afford all that. You'd think she'd change her car after all this time. You'd see her there always walking her dog, that's all she's good for. Blah Blah.

I hate gossip and someone actually said that to me one night in a pub: all you're good for is walking your dog? I mean that's not even an insult is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Repeat until you've had enough kids to satisfy the nosey feckers

Do you know what your having? Yes but I'm not bloody telling you who I hardly know! Any sign of number 2...? Any sign of number 3....?

And if you have number 4 they will ask you are you crazy!!! Some people should mind there own business

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just tell them you can't get pregnant from anal

Wait. What... you can't!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Jesus, you're not married yet, how old are you now? Jesus didn't she get married very young?
    You know them, social welfare crowd money for nothing and loads of kids. How many has she now, they must be always at it. Shure she won't even look at you the job she has thinks she's better than the rest of us. Blah Blah Blah.
    How many more years will you spend in college, it's a man you need not education. How does she afford all that. You'd think she'd change her car after all this time. You'd see her there always walking her dog, that's all she's good for. Blah Blah.

I hate gossip and someone actually said that to me one night in a pub: all you're good for is walking your dog? I mean that's not even an insult is it?

Someone once said to me 'I do see you out walking in the evenings. Do you not think you're thin enough.'

Also I am studying for an exam on this Saturday. People asking me how the study is going and I tell them the truth - I'm finding it hard going. And they say 'I suppose you're going for 100%' in a sarcastic tone. Eh what business is it of yours what I'm going for and so what if I want to get as high a result as I can. T.A. at the level of begrudging and resentment that goes on in this country. Instead of people putting their energies into this can't they get out exercising and studying themselves. Do they think I was handed anything I have without working hard and making sacrifices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

People who keep forgetting that I am vegetarian. I mean, I don't give a f*ck if they forget where it is irrelevant, but when it comes to actually offering me meat food and asking why I wont eat certain things. A coworker that I have worked with for NINE years now asked me why I wasn't having the fish for lunch and I had to tell her, "because I'm veggie". She often offers me slices of ham etc in the kitchen and every time I politely say, "not thanks, I'm veggie". It's not that difficult!

I eat meat, but id be TA'd at anyone who kept offering me ham. or commented on my menu choice.

annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

anna080 wrote: »
    Just sliced my finger with a spoon. Not sure if anyone has actually ever managed to do that before. But alas, I have.
    When I was five I fell off a wall with a spoon in my mouth and split my tongue so badly it needed stitches :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People who make a distress call or status, cause panic or worry then leave everyone hanging without a clue what is happening. I forgot what drama of this kind feels like and have done my share of late night rescues and all nighters with friends in need but I still feel feckin guilty for not doing enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

And if you have number 4 they will ask you are you crazy!!! Some people should mind there own business
    4 kids?!? Isn't the world over populated enough! Selfish people. Would they not consider adoption blah blah They're probably on benefits. My taxpayers money blah blah blah

Only having one kid? How selfish!!! The poor child will be lonely/bored/grow up not knowing how to share.

Staying at home to mind the kid? OMG what a waste of an education. You're setting a terrible example. Your poor husband that you're scrounging off. Could you not get a job once the child is in school? The economy is bursting with jobs that offer 9-2 hours!

Going back to work after having a child. WTF??? Why have a child if you can't be bothered to look after it yourself? The child will probably grow up to be a mass murderer because you couldn't be bothered to bond with it :mad:

Not having kids :eek: You cold hearted weirdo!!! You must be a selfish person with a lump of ice for a heart.

Not in a relationship : LOSER what are you doing with your life?

I wish all the busy bodies would Fcuk Right Off. No matter what you do, it will never be right. The thing is, none of the above scenario's will ever effect them but they LOVE to stick their oar in. It's not going to make one bit of difference if Mary down the road is married or having kids but it won't stop them talking.

Gobsh!tes the lot of them.

Eurgh

I'm from a rural area and I'm used to everyone knowing my business better than I do and asking inappropriate questions and it does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

In work I don't get how people get into SR roles.

Sr software dev who is studying wait for it advanced computer networking.

Cant understand why her new dev unit will not work on the computer network in the office.

She did not plug in the the enternet cable into the lan port on her pc .....

FML your studying computer networking and cant plug a cable into a pc ....

I do wonder about this.
    Its the same issue with some of our people at my workplace.
    I really don't know how some people get into positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Hayfever.
    (I may have mentioned this a dozen times since mid - April....sorry.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Echoing the busybodies theme

That's some age gap you have between your children.
    Are ya mad going again?
    Three girls, when are ya trying for a boy? (Errrr, do you know how old I am now?)
    You have lost some weight, don't lose anymore though! (I am stressed off my head with family issues lately, any weight loss isn't deliberate. Thanks for the advice though!)

• Advertisement

Glenster wrote: »
    I eat meat, but id be TA'd at anyone who kept offering me ham. or commented on my menu choice.

annoying.

Yeah it's not so much the fact of being veggie that makes it annoying, it's just her distinct inability to remember it. It would be like if I kept shoving quorn or lentils in her face :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement