Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Another thing that is a TA is that with the FG leadership battle underway the anti-gay brigade is back in action.
    Will we be getting leaflets thru the door warning us of sodomy in the corridors of power?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Winterlong wrote: »
    Another thing that is a TA is that with the FG leadership battle underway the anti-gay brigade is back in action.
    Will we be getting leaflets thru the door warning us of sodomy in the corridors of power?

The nation has been getting it up the arse for years from politicians so nothing new there!

I'd be annoyed quite frankly if it was an issue. Why can't some people just see him as a man and not a gay man.

gramar wrote: »
    The nation has been getting it up the arse for years from politicians so nothing new there!

I'd be annoyed quite frankly if it was an issue. Why can't some people just see him as a man and not a gay man.

The only good thing is that the bigots stop hiding for long enough to show their true colors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I park on a stretch of road sometimes if I take the luas, and there are about 7 cars who have the same idea. If I get there too late there "is not enough space" for me to park.

That's in quotations because there clearly is enough space, but the **** leave so much space between each car that where there are 7 cars there could actually be 9. This is not leaving a little bit of space so they don't get blocked in. No. This is deliberate, calculated meanness. The spaces are always just not quite big enough for a car. It drives me mad.

(I got revenge this morning so I shall be posting this in TTTMYH) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Wisdom tooth is being an absolute b1tch in what would be about the third time I've had pain with it so far this year, yet my dentist keeps fobbing me off with "I get that too...take painkillers be grand". I'm 31, far too old for wisdom "teething problems" PLEASE TAKE OUT MY BLOODY TOOTH YOU IDIOT.

Also TA'd that I have so many reasons to post in this thread every day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Wisdom tooth is being an absolute b1tch in what would be about the third time I've had pain with it so far this year, yet my dentist keeps fobbing me off with "I get that too...take painkillers be grand". I'm 31, far too old for wisdom "teething problems" PLEASE TAKE OUT MY BLOODY TOOTH YOU IDIOT.

Also TA'd that I have so many reasons to post in this thread every day.

Is the dentist part of free healthcare in the UK?

We were just talking about the NHS during the week, and how it's great if you have something small wrong with you - or know what's wrong - but if you need further tests/procedures etc apparently it's absolutely shyte because the docs are just so so hammered the whole time with people popping in for a chat.

I have so many TAs this week. So many. I'm not even going to start with them because I might just explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

We were just talking about the NHS during the week, and how it's great if you have something small wrong with you - or know what's wrong - but if you need further tests/procedures etc apparently it's absolutely shyte because the docs are just so so hammered the whole time with people popping in for a chat.

It's massively subsidised unless you opt to go privately. I had an NHS dentist when I first came to UK and never paid more than 20 pounds and that included things like a routine exam, prescription, scale and polish, fissure seals etc.

I get dental cover through work though so go privately now and claim back the treatment cost, mainly coz I moved and needed a local dentist and may as well avail of my work insurance.

The NHS is crumbling over here and a big part of that is because of how so many people take the piss with medical appointments given that it's free. Actually getting an appointment can be a nightmare and medical receptionists/nurses will do anything to prevent you booking in to see a doctor because clinics are perpetually overcrowded with elderly people, new mothers, babies, people with a few sniffles or a bit of a cough who are overwhelming the services.

Saw a Panorama documentary about how bad it is, one woman had called herself an ambulance 16 times in one year because she suffered from a bit of anxiety and never had to deal with a massive medical bill each time like you would in most other countries.

I would totally be for a nominal medical fee over here - nothing like your 60-quid-a-visit that you have in Ireland but just something that would make all those people with minor ailments think twice about visiting the doctor and clogging up the system by wasting doctors time every time they feel a bit under the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Just back from a delayed honeymoon cruise. Had started getting funny/snide comments about a little present in 9 months even before we got on the plane. Had to deal with even more since we've come back. FFS like we didn't just spend a ton of money on a cruise to just spend the entire time in bed! There will be NO BABIES. But I don't want to explain that to every fckin busybody aunt who thinks it's fine to talk about my reproductive system on facebook.

And the other side of the coin. Mrs E was pregnant (I refuse to say "fell pregnant") six weeks after we married.....you should have seen the expression the inlaws faces when we told them:eek: priceless.

"And em, oh that's great, and yeah, and erm, what date are you actually due the erm baby?"

Boards crashing - and me in the middle of a great post that would have changed all your lives forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

people interrupting you to agree with the point you're making. :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

There's a little stray cat that I've been feeding and it's got quite tame. It comes into my house and even uses my own cat's litter box if it's inside for the evening. I was hoping it would develop some coordination and sense as it got older but it's still as clumsy as anything. I was changing the litter and rested the tray on top of the compost bin for a minute, stray takes a running jump, grips the edge of the tray and brings it down all over the floor and itself. It's also brought full cups crashing down off the kitchen surfaces and knocked various things off the dresser and it keeps pulling the recycling bin down and dragging the contents out even though there's never any food in it. It's constantly hungry. Maybe it needs a worm dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The fact that TV3 can't seem to go six weeks without replaying Dirty Dancing. I mean what the actual fcuk. They seem to source all their moves from the bargain bin in Mary's discount store

On all the interfering comments about having children. It's very true that you can never please everyone and someone's always got a contradictory opinion on what you should be doing, and when.

I didn't go to my doctor for fertility advice but he still took it upon himself to tell me that if I'm thinking about pregnancy I'd want to be doing it within the next five to seven years as after that my fertility might start to decline. A lot of people I know are only thinking about getting married at my age, thanks very much!

(O.k I know what he said is true and he didn't know that I know about that, to be fair.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The 5 yr old just turned the hose on me full pelt:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I have so many TAs this week. So many. I'm not even going to start with them because I might just explode.

My TA is that since I was exposed to that show The Night Garden, everytime I see Whoops' name beside here posts I think of that weird little **** from the show and what she says :(

I can't find anything to be TA'd by. It's really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I can't find anything to be TA'd by. It's really annoying.

Sandwich queue ****.

Being all faggy about the micro-specifics of their sacred masterpiece. Just take whats on offer and fck off.
    You can cut the crust off and arrange the lettuce into your initials when you're sat down.

I wonder how the sandwich makers dont spear them with a butter knife from behind the glass yoke.

greencap wrote: »
    Sandwich queue ****.

Being all faggy about the micro-specifics of their sacred masterpiece. Just take whats on offer and fck off.
    You can cut the crust off and arrange the lettuce into your initials when you're sat down.

I wonder how the sandwich makers dont spear them with a butter knife from behind the glass yoke.

Hilarious post :D

Which reminded me of a TA (it didn't take long). People saying, "can I get?" instead of "can I have?" When did that happen? F*ck right off with your "Can I get" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Which reminded me of a TA (it didn't take long). People saying, "can I get?" instead of "can I have?" When did that happen? F*ck right off with your "Can I get" :mad:

David Mitchell ranted about that too.

So, great minds n that innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

When I order soft shoes for my tall 14 month old and they send something that might possibly fit a newborn rather than the size I actually ordered. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

On all the busybody comments, people will comment on anything and everything.
    If you're thin - you're too skinny.
    If you're fat - you're too fat.
    If you're exercising - why are you exercising?
    If you're not exercising - why are you not exercising?
    I could literally type for the whole day.
    People just love to comment on your life, sticking their nose in where they're not welcome.

My approach is smile and nod and zone out - I've become a pro at zoning out.
    What really drives those type of people mad is, after they've given me their unwelcome advice, I end the conversation by saying something that indicates I was not paying attention to them at all:D
    I park on a stretch of road sometimes if I take the luas, and there are about 7 cars who have the same idea. If I get there too late there "is not enough space" for me to park.

That's in quotations because there clearly is enough space, but the **** leave so much space between each car that where there are 7 cars there could actually be 9. This is not leaving a little bit of space so they don't get blocked in. No. This is deliberate, calculated meanness. The spaces are always just not quite big enough for a car. It drives me mad.

(I got revenge this morning so I shall be posting this in TTTMYH) :P

This drives me mad!
    You see this selfishness in traffic queues - people not moving up enough to allow more traffic to get through the lights, people being really slow moving off at lights and then the lights change before a good amount of traffic has gotten through, people not bloody paying attention when they're trying to pull out of somewhere and you're trying to let them pull out but they're looking in the other direction!

I hate selfishness on the road, particularly in the mornings when almost everybody on the road is under pressure to get somewhere in a timely fashion. People just seem oblivious to the fact that almost everybody on the road at 8:30 is trying to get somewhere important (work, college, school) and could all just be a bit more considerate of that!
    I feel like people have become very selfish:(
    Winterlong wrote: »
    Boards crashing - and me in the middle of a great post that would have changed all your lives forever.

I can't count how many times that has happened to me. You have all missed out on some golden moments:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Can I get xxxx"
    "NO, You can have xxxx, I get xxxx cos I fcuking work here!"

- Sean Locke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭Bredabe

greencap wrote: »
    Sandwich queue ****.

When I was a sandwich maker, I fantasised every day how i would dispatch and dispose of that type. EVERY SINGLE DAY, even now I do it on long journeys and I left catering long long ago.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I've seen people say : Give me xxx''. No ''please'', no ''thank you.''

I wondered why the old lady in the village shop called me ''a Lady.'' I've just realised maybe it's because I have basic manners!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

erica74 wrote: »
    ...What really drives those type of people mad is, after they've given me their unwelcome advice, I end the conversation by saying something that indicates I was not paying attention to them at all:D...

Wanker: Do you think I should take up jogging? I'm worried about my arse/calves/ears/whatever.

JG: I'm glad you asked me that! The best way to deal with an errant intern is to first use the Butterfly Soul-Razor technique to stop his heart for long enough to take out each of the seven henzoitoichi, or major nerve clusters, with the tip of your dai-katana. Though these strikes aren't themselves fatal, the excruciating pain will kill the little twunt within 10 seconds. You're welcome! Tune in again next week to Ask The Office Ninja! :D

This drives me mad!
    You see this selfishness in traffic queues - people not moving up enough to allow more traffic to get through the lights, people being really slow moving off at lights and then the lights change before a good amount of traffic has gotten through, people not bloody paying attention when they're trying to pull out of somewhere and you're trying to let them pull out but they're looking in the other direction!

I hate selfishness on the road, particularly in the mornings when almost everybody on the road is under pressure to get somewhere in a timely fashion. People just seem oblivious to the fact that almost everybody on the road at 8:30 is trying to get somewhere important (work, college, school) and could all just be a bit more considerate of that!
    I feel like people have become very selfish:(

I am like an altruism junkie in the mornings. I let everyone out and am on my best behavior. Actually I get trivially annoyed if I spy someone up ahead who needs to get out and someone in front of me lets them out because I want to do it. That warm rush when they wave thankfully at you. If they put the flashers on I melt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I am like an altruism junkie in the mornings. I let everyone out and am on my best behavior. Actually I get trivially annoyed if I spy someone up ahead who needs to get out and someone in front of me lets them out because I want to do it. That warm rush when they wave thankfully at you. If they put the flashers on I melt!

Yes!!!!! :D:D:D

BUT, when they don't wave or stick on the flashers... :(

Yes!!!!! :D:D:D

BUT, when they don't wave or stick on the flashers... :(

See, its always a gamble.
    I want that warm feeling of a wave, smile or flash.
    The gamble is that they might ignore me and leave me crushed for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Women never let me out in traffic, it's always men and if I let a woman out she ignores me. Not generalising here just speaking from personal experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They're obviously jealous.

TA: I'm hungry but nothing sounds appealing and my throats too uncomfortable to even bother trying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement