Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭123654789

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I am like an altruism junkie in the mornings. I let everyone out

Sorry but if I was behind you you'd annoy me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Cliques. You just get the whiff of cliquey-ness from some people and I find it very unbecoming. I don't need to or want to sit with you, thanks, b1tches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cliques. You just get the whiff of cliquey-ness from some people and I find it very unbecoming. I don't need to or want to sit with you, thanks, b1tches.

Similarly 'mean girls' gaggles at work :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

fast food places with kids meals that have dozens of toys to collect. It's unfair on the parents that are nagged by the kids to collect them all. It also encourages the kids to eat there more often than is healthy. it's just exploitative. but im not surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Trivial annoyed by people who don't know how to drive around roundabouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

When someone replies to a post I'm editing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

*looks at time*

TA at being awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Shannon757 wrote: »
    *looks at time*

TA at being awake.
    Annoyed for you. You're too young to be in so much pain.

TA: this cold. I hate feeling needy and I always do when I'm 'delicate'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Still awake. Still in pain. Still TA. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Women never let me out in traffic, it's always men and if I let a woman out she ignores me. Not generalising here just speaking from personal experience.

I've seen this posted before on boards and have never had such experience. Women and men let me out and thank me in equal measures.

TA that I'm tired of being tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Lost my luas card and there was over 30 euro on it. One of the rare times I actually was flush with credit, normally it's under 10

I know you register the cards and block them but I was lazy and didn't do this. Ta'd with myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Every now and then a work email comes around detailing what charity work the company has done in the last few weeks.

I'm looking at the latest one.
    There's three people in it who have won something in a fundraising draw.
    In the email they are being praised for their altruism.

The thing is, these three people are pure poison.
    Gossip, exclusion, snide emails/comments, jealousy.

My dander is raised to a trivial degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I haven't been on a night out properly for ages and I have plans tonight. And even the meal and drinks are free but I'm sick.

I'm sick enough that I know I probably won't enjoy the night but not sick enough that if stay in, I won't be saying to myself "I should have gone out."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When you dodgy download a series and get yourself all excited and set to watch it....hit the play button only to discover that it is dubbed in to Russian.

Winterlong wrote: »
    When you dodgy download a series and get yourself all excited and set to watch it....hit the play button only to discover that it is dubbed in to Russian.

I downloaded trainspotting.

In Italian.

Just didn't have the same edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA a sore throat kept me awake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I downloaded trainspotting.

In Italian.

Just didn't have the same edge.

TS2 is on my list all right - Non lasciare la trama.

But do you know something? I would be more than happy to go to a video shop and pay a fiver to rent the dvd.
    But no. There are no dvd shops in my area. Nearest one is in stillorgan which is yonks away.
    So if I miss a movie at the cinema (often) then I have no way to legally see that movie again until it gets on Netflix. If it ever gets on Netflix.

They are practically forcing me to dodgy download.

northgirl wrote: »

It's been a while since I've encountered them so when I do, my eyebrows nearly levitate in surprise, then I want to burst out laughing. They really do think they're someone :D

If they make up the bulk of your workmates though, that would make it miserable :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

123654789 wrote: »
    Sorry but if I was behind you you'd annoy me :(

:D

northgirl wrote: »

Yup, cliques belong in the playground, not a professional workplace environment. It happens on Boards too. Some people never grow up. :p

• Advertisement

I wanted to watch Orange is the New Black last night but OH was in a foul mood and bent on going against me at every opportunity. (In hindsight I should have been scheming about it and pretended it was the last thing I wanted). Anyway she insisted on watching some sh*te film with Silvester Stalone in it where he was in prison. So I essentially ended up watching OITNB but with fat, hairy men and without the arbitrary lesbian scenes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I've been going to the same barber for nearly 10 years. I've walked in there maybe 70 times and always with the same haircut. Not once after finishing the cut has he ever left my hair the way I wear it despite him a) seeing what it's like every time I go in and b) seeing me in the chair fix it the same way when he's done every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Hilarious post :D

Which reminded me of a TA (it didn't take long). People saying, "can I get?" instead of "can I have?" When did that happen? F*ck right off with your "Can I get" :mad:

Both wrong,

"Can I ......?"

"Yeah, probably, there's no law against it, you don't look physically incapable of receiving that."

"........"

"........"

"Well?"

"YOU HAVEN'T REQUESTED IT YET YOU'VE INQUIRED AS TO WHETHER YOU ARE CAPABLE OF RECEIVING IT, MAY I IS THE RIGHT THING TO SAY, ENGLISH MUTHFUKKA, DO YOU SPEAK IT?"

Glenster wrote: »
    Both wrong,

"Can I ......?"

"Yeah, probably, there's no law against it, you don't look physically incapable of receiving that."

"........"

"........"

"Well?"

"YOU HAVEN'T REQUESTED IT YET YOU'VE INQUIRED AS TO WHETHER YOU ARE CAPABLE OF RECEIVING IT, MAY I IS THE RIGHT THING TO SAY, ENGLISH MUTHFUKKA, DO YOU SPEAK IT?"

Because nobody says May I..anymore, it feels a little bit too subservient to me.

Because nobody says May I..anymore, it feels a little bit too subservient to me.

Of course it is. That's the point. Saying excuse me and please is pretty subservient too.

That's why we say it.

Polite = pathetic and subservient.

Of course it is. That's the point. Saying excuse me and please is pretty subservient too.

That's why we say it.

Polite = pathetic and subservient.

Hm, I feel like there's an equal measure of respect in the exchange between buyer and seller: me:''can I have x, please'' them:''that's 10.00, please''
    both:''thanks''.
    ''May I'' to a shopkeeper, just feels like a new level of subservience, but I might be over analysing this just a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

"You there! - guardian of the perspex pantry.
    Do me the kindness and provide my humble self with nourishment. For the day is young and mine hours long."

I do!

Not always, but often.

Hm, I feel like there's an equal measure of respect in the exchange between buyer and seller: me:''can I have x, please'' them:''that's 10.00, please''
    both:''thanks''.
    ''May I'' to a shopkeeper, just feels like a new level of subservience, but I might be over analysing this just a bit!

Fair enough, and I probs should stop derailing.

But I was burned too many times in school by the whole "I don't know Glen, can you go to the toilet?" thing

And it's broken my brain as an adult.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, and I probs should stop derailing.

But I was burned too many times in school by the whole "I don't know Glen, can you go to the toilet?" thing

And it's broken my brain as an adult.

You are correct though, it's just a personal preference for me. TA at myself for overthinking it now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement