Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

that ****ty music they use in the background of the Virgin Media adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Back on the hayfever theme....I am in a house with a dog I am allergic to.
    The tablets are working overtime to fend off the hayfever and the allergic reaction...but the tablets are failing. And I am dying here. This could be it folks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

National slow down day?
    how about,
    National use your fu**inindicators day,
    or
    National stop hitting your brakes in the third lane so you can skip over 3 lanes to take the exit on the left. (not snappy enough?):p

And holding your phone in front of you talking into it is NOT hands free, it's face free.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

everlast75 wrote: »
    that ****ty music they use in the background of the Virgin Media adverts

I love that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Friend of mine had to do a first interview and then might have been shortlisted for a second interview. Might be standard enough for an engineers, doctors or some other qualified professional job but this job was pretty much a shop assistant.

Why bother going through so much effort? They are looking for staff every 2 weeks already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Insomnia. Awake all night for no reason at all. Trying to sleep now but the feckin birds are singing their heads off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

General lack of courtesy shown by people.

Would always go out of my way to let people cross the road unless it's dangerous but yet yesterday when I had an opportunity to cross (after waiting ages) some aul bint in a big f*** off BMW slams on the blower at me as if I'm the devil incarnate. Then elderly people give out about the young.. give me strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I won two tickets to the Pigsty for Busted (yay) but it means leaving one of my sisters in our other seats. The Pigsty upgrade is sold out. I'm TA'd and sad that I have to choose between my sisters to join me on stage. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd by people driving at 98 in a 100 zone who speed up to 105 when you indicate and pull out to pass them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Yesterday I did an awful lot of walking, more than enough to beat my 10000 steps target but my pedometer says I only took 257. My physio is gonna be pissed at me now.:(

• Advertisement

TAKE YOUR SUNGLASSES OFF - YOU'RE INDOORS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭luftmensch

everlast75 wrote: »

What if s/he is blind? :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Itchy stitches, I really really really want to scratch but if I did there'd be a blood bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

everlast75 wrote:

I do this accidently :( I have prescription sunglasses and I forget to take them off. I'm TA'd that I'm a TA.

KatW4 wrote: »
    I do this accidently :( I have prescription sunglasses and I forget to take them off. I'm TA'd that I'm a TA.

these were not prescription :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bad hangover? Migraine? Bono?

My TA is having to put up with visitors on my 'hermit' day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,578 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA with Bruce Springsteen taking over the bloody Gigs and Events forum, c'mon talk about festivals, its the summer.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People calling crisps 'taytos'
    "Ah dem taytos out foddin are not the same atall"

Today's trivial annoyance: false representation in professional "sport" for business reasons.

The "Ireland" cricket team.
    The "Connacht" rugby team. All inspired by the commercial success of the "Ireland" soccer team of "hired mercenaries", c. 1990.

How many of the "Connacht" rugby squad are from Connacht, for instance? From this list I count 14 of the 40 members of the current squad who are from Connacht (I include the Athlone players as "Connacht" even though half the town is in Leinster).

Professional "sport" and its business models of hype and false representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

A sea gull has decided that the best place for its nest, is on a 1 metre high wall, right beside a foot path.

So now any time I walk past, I need to leave the foot walk and go on the road, or else it screams at me and will come flying and try and peck me.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Came into college today to try and get a bit of quiet to study. Between two lads in the class talking through their notes RIGHT IN MY EAR and two of my mates trying to drag me on a trip up the mountains, I am about to give up and try again another day.

People who post having not read the last few posts previous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The hunger and thirst on a hangover day.
    So far I have had.....
    2 sausages, 3 rashers, 3 white puddin, 2 eggs, beans, 3 toast, 2 brown bread, 2 mugs of tea, 3 pints of blackcurrant diluted.
    Mashed spuds, gravy, half a chicken, peas, carrots, pint of milk.
    Tea and apple crumble, and a few fig rolls.
    6 bags of tayto (3 c&o, 3 s&v). Another pint of diluted.
    I'm starving again, have just put a meat feast pizza and a bag of wedges in the oven. Later on I'll probably have a few mugs of tea and a couple of chocolate bars.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I bloody hate those caps where you have to 'press both sides and turn' to open them. Really ****ing annoying. I presume it's meant to be child-resistant but they may as well be open-resistant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Every muppet and his aunt are on the roads today. What should have been a 2 1/2 hour drive was over three hours just because of muppets in control of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The hunger and thirst on a hangover day.
    So far I have had.....
    2 sausages, 3 rashers, 3 white puddin, 2 eggs, beans, 3 toast, 2 brown bread, 2 mugs of tea, 3 pints of blackcurrant diluted.
    Mashed spuds, gravy, half a chicken, peas, carrots, pint of milk.
    Tea and apple crumble, and a few fig rolls.
    6 bags of tayto (3 c&o, 3 s&v). Another pint of diluted.
    I'm starving again, have just put a meat feast pizza and a bag of wedges in the oven. Later on I'll probably have a few mugs of tea and a couple of chocolate bars.

Similarly, the hunger a woman gets the week before she goes out of action. I've eaten the entire contents of the biscuit box today.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Seeing a job I applied for, and received zero reply on, still being advertised almost three weeks later.
    A rejection email would be just mannerly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Similarly, the hunger a woman gets the week before she goes out of action.

:D

TA'd the shop is closed and now I want a bottle of Rock Shandy

kfallon wrote: »
    :D

TA'd the shop is closed and now I want a bottle of Rock Shandy

ta'd I'm just back from the shop and want rock shandy cause read this :pac:

• Advertisement

TA'd that I'm soft curves and not hard edges. At least a bit of hardness would be nice.
    I really really want to eat something lovely and bad for me but I can't because that's why I'm in this predicament.

The changing rooms today were very unforgiving :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement