Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA that since I went veggie, I really miss the post drinkies snacking the next day. I remember when a can of coke and three sausage rolls was the most amazing meal you could wish for. When you're veggie, what do you eat to cure the hangover? This is the only time I miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA that since I went veggie, I really miss the post drinkies snacking the next day. I remember when a can of coke and three sausage rolls was the most amazing meal you could wish for. When you're veggie, what do you eat to cure the hangover? This is the only time I miss it.

A Linda Mc Cartney sausage sandwich has saved me a few times. But they dont serve them in cafes! TA at that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's not lunch time yet and I'm already fit to eat the boll*x off a low flying duck.

The warm weather brings out my body issues. I'm not heavy at all but at the same time I feel like a whale. I just don't know how to not feel self conscious in the sun :( It's like every other woman is floating along with flat bellies and a light tan. Then there's Persepoly with milk bottle skin and heat crazed hair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

movie- it's film, we're in Ireland.
    vacation- it's holiday, we're in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Orchard Thieves cider- to me it's a stupid name as the apples obviously aren't stolen, so why have a name like that???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I always twitch and growl inwardly when I hear an Irish person call their mother mom. "My mom makes, like, the best chicken curry ever." So wrong.

I put on sunscreen but it seems to be 99% oil so I now look like I'm about to enter a wrestling ring or a bodybuilding competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Sometimes the glasses are prescription!

Which reminds me of the TA of having to take prescription sunglasses off on entering a building and going from +20 to -6 vision :(

(already covered that - they weren't prescription. it was a sad tosser in penny's dressed like the lads from LMFAO)

When boards tells me there's a new post but when I click on the thread it only shows the last post on the previous page

everlast75 wrote: »
    (already covered that - they weren't prescription. it was a sad tosser in penny's dressed like the lads from LMFAO)

When boards tells me there's a new post but when I click on the thread it only shows the last post on the previous page

Well in that case the fact they would be TA regardless of whether they are inside or out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's not lunch time yet and I'm already fit to eat the boll*x off a low flying duck.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

TA'D that I cant share this in work as their sense of humour seems to have left the building:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Fcuking Bruce Springsteen pictures every time I open instagram and facebook. I wouldnt mind so much, but the pictures are pure shyte :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ok, I had a throbbing vein after work yesterday, so I decided to go and donate a pint of blood (ya durty minded feckers!)

Anyway, I was quiet aware that it was a hot day, and in ideal world I would have showered before going, but as I was going from work this was not an option, and I don't digs roads for a living so I reckon i wasn't too bad( i had showered before work).

So who comes and planks his skanky arse right beside me only sweat cycley man. All kitted out in very bright Lycra, and lest I was in any doubt, he proceeds to tell me he cycled all the way.

Now I know if one is going cycling, or engaging in any vigorous sport, lashing of Lynx is probably not a priority, fair enough, do it and shower when finished. But straight in to a blood clinic, after cycling fcuk knows how far, in +25 degrees.

Jays us the bang off him would have floored a camel.

And there he was, lying on the trolley thing, arms up over his head, and legs akimbo, with a Betty swollox on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And there he was, lying on the trolley thing, arms up over his head, and legs akimbo, with a Betty swollox on him.

TA that you have wiped the image of 'Betty from accounts' from my mind and replaced it with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I could have all of tomorrow free to myself but I thought I needed to do something, so I agreed to meet someone to collect a print off them tomorrow morning.
    However the something I need to do is delayed to Thursday - so now I am going out of my way to just collect one small thing.
    I feel like my day is wasted then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

T/A'd that there is no rewind button when listening to the radio in the car so that I can go back a few seconds to catch what I missed due to some loud random noise drowning out the speaker volume......

Today.

The minute or two it takes for sight to adjust when switching from contact lenses and glass/ vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

4.95 for a Tube of fricking Bonjella. It's not feicing Zovirax like it's only a bloody general item, should be no more than 2euro ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

When you're on a an escalator ascending and you're just standing and you have your hand holding the rubber rail and you're in a comfortable stance and then when the escalator starts to level out at the top and pulls your arm forward fcuking up your comfortable stance.

That crap makes me want to bomb a village.

TA that every time it gets foggy/rain my left toe and knees ache.
    A dull kind of ache but it makes me want to chop my toe off and be done with it.
    Seen a GP 3years ago who shrugged at it, getting worse so best see another soon.
    Driving me to distraction, I can't ignore it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

People using the word "text" instead of "texted". I know some people would be annoyed at the use of text as a verb in any tense, but it's the incorrect use of it to indicate past tense that TAs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

and while I'm on that topic, people who say "texes" instead of "texts" to indicate the plural of the noun "text". Maybe it's just my sister who does that, but it's incredibly annoying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

People who cycle on footpaths, especially when there's a cycle lane alongside the footpath, what is that even about?

scream wrote: »
    People who cycle on footpaths, especially when there's a cycle lane alongside the footpath, what is that even about?

People who skate board on the foot path. I presume the cycle path is the best place outside of, I don't know, a skate park?!

I just started watching Kenneth Branagh's Wallander. The character is a Swedish detective. I've seen the original versions. This one is spoken in English and it's weirding me out. The sense of real-ness is missing because they all have British accents :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

people who call from an unknown or private number and don't leave a voicemail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Buying something in a shop that cost €2.50 paid with a €10 euro note giving me the change all in €1 euro coins .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Badly dubbed adverts, particularly that one doing the rounds now with some fellas rounding up a bunch of people to go to the Euro finals or something. I don't even know what it's for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Eff this humid shoyte. Drives me batty. I can barely breathe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I love Vikings but it seriously gets on my tits the way they speak English when they are at home, when they are in France the French speak English yet the Vikings need an interpreter:mad:

Have one of them speaking their native tongue and subtitle the others

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement