Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Open plan office, two people singing away to themselves at the same time...not all that quietly...and different songs. Doing my head in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Trying to contact my girlfriend, and her phone battery is gone dead, again. Perpetually has 5% of charge or less. Urgghh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Asked my friend if she wanted to go get lunch with me, she said no she'd already brought lunch. She just said (out loud) to her boyfriend "hey I didn't bring lunch today, wanna go with me for something?"

TA that I wasn't worth a truthful explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The increasing propensity of voiceover artists to pronounce "sixth" as "sikth".

I will find you and kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Dial Hard wrote: »

Annoys me too, even heard a few pronouncing 'fifth' as 'fith'. WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Dial Hard wrote: »

Urgh! Ed Sheeran does this, I think the line is "under the lamppost back on sixth street", I'll shove that feckin lamppost where the sun doesn't shine if I hear him singing it as "sikth" again :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA that someone could not understand what I said and I had to repeat myself 4 times, so embarrassing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

"No offense but..."

This phrase is usually followed by something that is very offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Urgh! Ed Sheeran does this, I think the line is "under the lamppost back on sixth street", I'll shove that feckin lamppost where the sun doesn't shine if I hear him singing it as "sikth" again :mad::mad:

TA'd at British and Irish singers who talk about sixth street, highways and various other Americanisms

(I know they may not have written the songs, or they're aiming for US siucess, but it screams fake to me so annoys me hugely)

TA I am having a day where I just want to be left alone and the world wont fúcking indulge me. First off, crush keeps messaging looking to meet for coffee but that's a definite no because...I want to be alone! Then I need to pick up some underwear, and given that this is functional over pretty i.e. needs to be strapless, specific colour, control etc, its not a fun shopping trip! And as I am perusing the various engineering feats of lingerie, I notice a guy sitting watching me. He's clearly not a pervert as he is just waiting for someone but seriously just clear off would you, this is the womens "smalls" department! All the while the phone is pinging with messages from crush who wants to meet. Eventually seek refuge in the work canteen and am delighted that its completely empty. The thoughts of twenty minutes with just me and a sandwich is *bliss* (:p), and then lo and behold in traipses an entire fúcking team for tea, and they clearly don't know how to communicate with each other so they sit staring at me. Clear off feckers!! Actually, beyond TA at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

TA I am having a day where I just want to be left alone and the world wont fúcking indulge me. First off, crush keeps messaging looking to meet for coffee but that's a definite no because...I want to be alone! Then I need to pick up some underwear, and given that this is functional over pretty i.e. needs to be strapless, specific colour, control etc, its not a fun shopping trip! And as I am perusing the various engineering feats of lingerie, I notice a guy sitting watching me. He's clearly not a pervert as he is just waiting for someone but seriously just clear off would you, this is the womens "smalls" department! All the while the phone is pinging with messages from crush who wants to meet. Eventually seek refuge in the work canteen and am delighted that its completely empty. The thoughts of twenty minutes with just me and a sandwich is *bliss* (:p), and then lo and behold in traipses an entire fúcking team for tea, and they clearly don't know how to communicate with each other so they sit staring at me. Clear off feckers!! Actually, beyond TA at this point.
    Posts like this...

When there are six free cubicles in the bathroom, and someone decides to use the one beside you :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When there are six free cubicles in the bathroom, and someone decides to use the one beside you :mad:

At least you are in a cubicle. Worse when it's six urinals, and a a person takes the one beside you.....been known to cause stage fright.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

People complaining about the weather been too hot, not enough rain for their lawn.
    Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The Clock Is Crawling At. A Snails Pace

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I got a pair of wedge style flip flops today. They are so comfortable , but every third step or so my feet make a farting sound in them.

Roastin' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Roastin' :(

I'm not able for any bit of heat. I'm whining if it's raining , and equally so if it's hot :(. Give me a dry, bright, crisp winters day, where you aren't breaking a sweat at the slightest effort.

Not knowing whether I'm over feeding or under feeding the fish. It's such a dose , but they look happy if fish can look happy.

I was driving down a narrow, winding road this morning, a low wall on the passenger side of the car with the river below it. Two women were walking side by side, their backs to the traffic. The woman on the outside was pushing a buggy. No sign of them going single file at all as I passed. Dozy cows :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

I am more than ta'd with myself today for eating all the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Put on a white load of washing. Did I see the sneaky green item within? Nope ;-(
    Now have a lot of tshirts that are a green sludge colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Put on a white load of washing. Did I see the sneaky green item within? Nope ;-(
    Now have a lot of tshirts that are a green sludge colour.

Just write 'Come on Ireland!' on them and sell them to friends and family for the Euros! :D

TA that I'd love an ice cream but nearest shops are closed :(

Why is it nearly impossible to only have 2 glasses of wine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

ta'd i can't find anything to watch on tv tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Boards.ie keeps logging me out.

F_¢>ing bugs me no end.

I have to do some work related things for the morning but I'm going to get up early and do it then.

After so much procrastination during college I really should have learned.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Painful sinuses. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I was like Pavarotti today. Had my cotton hanky out constantly wiping my face and brow. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Throwing up and too wound up to sleep but I have to be up by 7 and not home till 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA'd that it's 7:30am and I've been awake an hour already. :/
    Also a bit anxious about my first proper weigh-in in SW. I had a bit of a binge on Tuesday but was relatively good for the remainder of the week so hopefully that torpedo wrap won't bodge the results....

• Advertisement

I have nasal infection and put some cream on it. I now look like I have been sniffing lines of coke all morning.
    Woke up late, hotel room Iron is not working so I am off to meet a client looking like Rab C Nesbitt.
    And it is raining here.
    I dont think I will be posting in the Trivial happy thread today!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement