Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Presumptuous people, that's my TA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TA'd with people coming in asking me 'Are you opened Saturday's?'. I reply, 'No, we close Saturday's'. Their instant reply is always 'So you're not opened?'... Grrrr

These "libertarian" types who condemn any state intervention for public health and safety reasons with the rightwing British tabloid description "nanny state". What utter tools. Consistently. Repeatedly. Unfailingly.

People, specifically women with big bags, queuing up at a shop and then when it comes to paying, acts like it's a huge surprise that they need their purse/wallet and, thus, spends ages rifling around trying to find it.

You could, uh, I don't know, have it ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod:

Trivially annoyed at those that have forgotten the golden rule of this revitalised thread:

- This is not a chat thread, so no jumping into conversation off the back of someone's TA.
    - By all means agree with someone's TA, but show how it annoys you as well.
    - Each post must contain a trivial annoyance.
    - Did I mention that each post must contain a trivial annoyance.

*cough*

• Advertisement

Mod:

Trivially annoyed at those that have forgotten the golden rule of this revitalised thread:

- This is not a chat thread, so no jumping into conversation off the back of someone's TA.
    - By all means agree with someone's TA, but show how it annoys you as well.
    - Did I mention that each post must contain a trivial annoyance.

*cough*

Technically your post doesn't contain a TA. I'm TA'd about that.

does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Hives.

I'm not saying we should do away with the warm weather, but if it could come without bringing with it the itchy lumps of misery that get itchier the more you scratch them, that would be great.

Anyone who has ever worked in an office: I am TA'd by the games that are played with holding doors open.

I am well capable of opening a door. I don't need you to stand there and hold it open for me. I will not speed up to a canter because you have elected to hold the door when I'm 5 meters away. If I'm literally right behind you, fair enough. Then people sheepishly whisper, "Thank you" under their breathe. The whole thing is a mildly awkward interaction. I'm sick of doing this dance multiple times a day. Am I prick because I don't bother holding the door for anyone?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

We have one of those big roller grill toasters at work, and sometimes I like to have a quick slice of toast or bagel at my desk while I'm getting sorted for the day.

My TA is that there is always someone standing right in front of the toaster, staring at what they're waiting to toast, blocking access to everyone else. It's not going to cook any faster if you step to the side! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

TA'd that I've 2 weeks holidays coming up and I've just been told that there may be no need for me to come back to work after those 2 weeks.

... maybe more than TA'd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA that I cant find any posts without TA's having read mod post.

Where are all the non-TA posts?

And just to be clear, the lack of non-TA posts is a TA

We have one of those big roller grill toasters at work, and sometimes I like to have a quick slice of toast or bagel at my desk while I'm getting sorted for the day.

My TA is that there is always someone standing right in front of the toaster, staring at what they're waiting to toast, blocking access to everyone else. It's not going to cook any faster if you step to the side! :mad:

It TA's me in general when there is anyone else in the canteen. They're either standing in front of the fridge you need to access or standing in front of the dishwasher or sink or press with the mugs. Fúck sake get out of the way, and no I don't want to make small talk with you while I eat so just shut up. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Might have been said already but i hate when people post a car ad on DD and say 'low miles' when the car has well over 120k miles
    I myself wouldn't put 120k + miles in the low miles category

Tabloid paper's cráppy use of the English language and emotive phraseology. Things like, "the beast was caged" when they really mean "the convicted person was imprisoned" and other such nonsense that just encourages mob hysteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

A bit broke off the hoover so I had to hoover Quasimodo-style. My back is now boll1xed.

I shouldn't have hoovered in sandals 'cause I now have Shake 'n' Vac on my toes. At least my feet smell pretty for a change :p.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Tabloid paper's cráppy use of the English language and emotive phraseology. Things like, "the beast was caged" when they really mean "the convicted person was imprisoned" and other such nonsense that just encourages mob hysteria.

That, and then when they over describe a piece:

"The woman (name) who was in her early thirties was from Syria and worked in ABC based in EFG, for the last twelve years where she was a teacher. Her husband (name) who was Amercan works in XYZ and they hand been married for nine years, and they had no other children"

Only short of saying "they were not refugees and were here legit"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Parents who are playing with their toddlers in the garden encouraging them to shriek as loud as they can at 7.30 in the morning, it should be a hanging offence.

scream wrote: »
    Parents who are playing with their toddlers in the garden encouraging them to shriek as loud as they can at 7.30 in the morning, it should be a hanging offence.

When toddlers do that maddening thing in public where they let out just one random, shrill, glass breaking shriek at a volume that defies the size of the toddler and his/her lungs. Why the fúck do they do that? I don't mind kids mostly, and their general noise doesn't bother me, but the random, single shriek that comes from nowhere and seemingly for no reason just annoys* me so much. I cant help shooting a dirty look when this happens, but then feel bad about the look :(

* scares! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

was out for dinner yesterday. Got a lovely seat on a balcony terrace with my friend. Overlooking the street. Life was good. Halfway through the dinner, waiter comes over, hey Im sorry but this guy REALLY REALLY wants your seat and made me come ask if youd move inside so he can sit there?

What the actual ****.

I turn around and some 50 ear old lad with a younger female is standing there twiddling his thumbs looking expectedly at us.

Ah no. We'll finish dinner and have dessert and then we'll leave.

5 minutes later, same man is down under the balcony loking up - shouts - I HEAR THE DESSERTS ARE LOUSY.

basically telling us hurry up.

took a lot of restraint to not spit over the edge at him!

What a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

waiter comes over, hey Im sorry but this guy REALLY REALLY wants your seat and made me come ask if youd move inside so he can sit there?

What the actual ****.

The waiter is an embarassment to the establishment he/she works at. That is really really awful behaviour.

I'm TA'd that my lack-of-sleep headache just will not go away, no matter how much water or panadol i take. Unfortunately sleep at my desk isn't an option

• Advertisement

The waiter is an embarassment to the establishment he/she works at. That is really really awful behaviour.

I'm TA'd that my lack-of-sleep headache just will not go away, no matter how much water or panadol i take. Unfortunately sleep at my desk isn't an option

TBH the waiter was in a lose-lose position; refuse to do what the man asks and have him potentially cause a fuss (and, given his gall, he would've likely got the manager involved) or do what he says, and have the person already sitting cause a fuss.

I'm annoyed that most of my favourite TV series have ended or are about to end til the next season. No more Scandal or Vikings, the Blacklist and Greys Anatomy haven't got many episodes left, even Empire has ended. A few new ones look promising but Summer TV is generally bleak.

You have my sympathy. Try some Vicks vapo rub or Tiger Balm rubbed on your temples and under your nose when you get home, it really helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When toddlers do that maddening thing in public where they let out just one random, shrill, glass breaking shriek at a volume that defies the size of the toddler and his/her lungs. Why the fúck do they do that? I don't mind kids mostly, and their general noise doesn't bother me, but the random, single shriek that comes from nowhere and seemingly for no reason just annoys* me so much. I cant help shooting a dirty look when this happens, but then feel bad about the look :(

* scares! :)

Yup I know what it's like. Was in IKEA recently with a couple of equally hungover friends and we were walking into the cavernous entrance area, and some little *darling* lets out a shriek which reverberated everywhere!!

He got 3 filthy looks.... and we didn't feel bad!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

5 minutes later, same man is down under the balcony loking up - shouts - I HEAR THE DESSERTS ARE LOUSY.

if that's not an invitation to fisticuffs i don't know what is

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭billie holiday

People's loud eating noises
    aaaaaagggggghhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Having a green man but not being able to cross a road because of all the cars turning right on a red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Absolutely dying for a dirty big 99 cone with a massive flake but no sign of the ice cream van anywhere. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Aghhhh, take your stinking dogsh1t off the beach, right on the waterline where people lie down too, you feckin dirtbird.

• Advertisement

scream wrote: »
    You have my sympathy. Try some Vicks vapo rub or Tiger Balm rubbed on your temples and under your nose when you get home, it really helps.

And then scratch your balls with the same hand, it'll take your mind off the headache.

My TA is the smell of Vick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement