Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

McChubbin wrote: »
    Absolutely dying for a dirty big 99 cone with a massive flake but no sign of the ice cream van anywhere. :(

It takes a special skill to drive an ice cream van. You have to be psychic enough to know when almost everyone doesn't want you around, and put on the music, while avoiding areas where there are people who would welcome them. I'm sure they get paid on the basis of the number of people they annoy, and it's in the job description that you have to annoy at least 50 people to the verge of homicide every day. Any ice creams sold are just a bonus.

In case that's too obscure and I'm in danger of disciplinary action by a mod - I hate ice cream van music. That is my TA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

inadvertently walking through spiders webs in the morning :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

I hate the way that the hot weather is bringing neighbours outdoors ALL FRICKING DAY, every day. Jesus, it'd be really nice to be able to just chill out with the windows open but oh no, that seems to be too much to ask. Between getting woken at stupid o'clock in the morning by toddlers running around shrieking in the garden, teenagers generally being a loud pain in the ass and a neighbour who has decided that we might like to listen to the radio in his bedroom while we are in our own bedroom every morning this week, I'm starting to feel homicidal. Bah humbug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When you have to hit the bed early (cause you're up early) turn off the radio and you hear aliens....
    WTF,
    I got up, looked out, it's flippin swallows trying to build a nest on the airvent in the bedroom, at 10pm ffs, would not pi** off.
    in went the earplugs, took them out sometime during the night, and the same little fu**ers were back at it at 4am, 30min before the alarm went off.

Then while driving to work, the pigeons, why do they only take off when you're 2 feet from them, after hitting the brakes, grrrr Been a real T.A day

Then coming out of an entrance looking to the right waiting for traffic to go only for a cyclist to come hooring down the cycle lane from the left when the traffic had stopped, Are cycle lanes one way or is it free for all, (he was going against the picture of the bike on the path)

Them birds better not start that again tonight, or it'll be a T.A day not a t.a day grrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Getting a heat rash. Never had it before but my back looks like I slept in a bunch of nettles :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Being advised to use eye drops, and being a wuss about it. I've blinked my eyes shut before the drop has landed, and jabbed myself in the eye with the dropper on a second attempt. I'm not able for anything to do with eyeballs, mine or anyone else's :(.
    My chin is a bit sore still from having my teeth numbed to clean them this morning. I felt like a ventriloquists dummy for ages after, but it's that or hit the ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA that I went to take photo's and now think the film never wound on (sounded fine but it took a lot longer to finish a roll).
    So now I am sitting wondering do I try and rewind it (not rewinding) or open it in the dark and pray its rewinded, or go to local photo shop and ask them to magically fix it all. Which is embarrassing. Stupid camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

73Cat wrote: »
    Being advised to use eye drops, and being a wuss about it. I've blinked my eyes shut before the drop has landed, and jabbed myself in the eye with the dropper on a second attempt. I'm not able for anything to do with eyeballs, mine or anyone else's :(.
    My chin is a bit sore still from having my teeth numbed to clean them this morning. I felt like a ventriloquists dummy for ages after, but it's that or hit the ceiling.

Try closing your eye and dropping the eyedrop into the corner of your eye. Then open your eye and tilt your head slightly so that the drop runs across the eye. It works for me.

Today's TA for me was trying to have a supportive, encouraging chat with number 1 son regarding upcoming exams, and number 1 son unable to do anything other than snigger at my attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd at people calling at 6.30 a.m. to collect my neighbours for work and blowing the horn to let them know they're there? Get out and ring the doorbell you tools, or text them, but no, you'd rather wake up the whole place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Again this morning , some a$$hole using a chainsaw just after 7am. I woke in a panic thinking I'd slept in. It woke the little one too, and in order to get an extra half hour in bed I'd to pretend I was having 20 babies, and she was the doctor delivering them. I will find out who chainsaw man is, and I'll hunt the fcuker down :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    A bit broke off the hoover so I had to hoover Quasimodo-style. My back is now boll1xed.

I shouldn't have hoovered in sandals 'cause I now have Shake 'n' Vac on my toes. At least my feet smell pretty for a change :p.

I read that and thought quasimodo was an aardvark and had visions of you sucking up the dirt through your hoover nozzle.

TA'ed that I've ruined my mascara laughing.

I'm also TA'ed at myself for thinking quasi is an aardvark when I know he's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

adverts for companies that lure you into a sickly sweet false sense of security under the guise of ''you can trust us''

''looking out for you'' ''putting you first'' ''we hear you'' ''we live to *help you*

*extort you, disappoint you, bleed every single cent we can out of you, dump you once you're no longer useful, keep you waiting , look just give us your ****kin money alright*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Gettting up without realising that it is not yet a decent hour to be getting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

When you see a guy who is punching way above his weight. Ugh.

There's a wan on the train. She has the most irritating put on accent and she's speaking shíte about things like "operational" "categorisation" "day to day organisation".

In my head I am walking over to her and grabbing her phone, knocking her over the head with it and then flinging it down the aisle. Along with her stupid ass sunglasses.

Then she is frogmarched to the Gulag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I read that and thought quasimodo was an aardvark and had visions of you sucking up the dirt through your hoover nozzle.

TA'ed that I've ruined my mascara laughing.

I'm also TA'ed at myself for thinking quasi is an aardvark when I know he's not.

Haha :p I'm glad I wasn't wearing mascara when I read that!

TA that I have f*ckloads of clothes and yet I have nothing to wear and that the only time I ever get shaving rash on my legs is when I want to tan their shocking paleness.

People that always bring other people back after a night out and make so much noise. You could, I don't know, just go back to one of their houses instead? And then get annoyed when I tell them to STFU when they're outside my window talking sh1t at 5AM on a Friday morning.

I have plans to meet a friend later. A rather intense friend. I just want to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I have plans to meet a friend later. A rather intense friend. I just want to go home.

I had plans to meet a friend later and she bailed... Now she is ignoring all contact.

I don't mind the bailing actually, she had a tough week, but a reply to my texts would be nice... :(

TG1 wrote: »
    I had plans to meet a friend later and she bailed... Now she is ignoring all contact.

I don't mind the bailing actually, she had a tough week, but a reply to my texts would be nice... :(

Similarly, an intense friend suggest we meet up at lunch time in library, then go get food in town to celebrate this year being finished and then go to exhibition.

1) I wanted to skip the exhibition anyway.
    2) Tired, sore and no no no.

So I turned her down but I am TA that I now feel bad that I am not being social or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

TA'd that 2 hours before I'm due to finish work it starts to get cloudy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"oh god it's very hot isn't it, phew, we are not able for it"

Take the fcuken fleece off then!

TA that I am saying good bye to the first layer of skin because I went out with no suncream today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

TA that a jug of Pimms punch is so easy to drink way too fast, worth it though, for the happy little buzz at the end of a really crappy week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Decided to give the decking in the garden one more year. Bought decking oil and gave the tin a good shake before I started.
    2 hours later I am finished the job and the tin is empty.
    But I have just noticed that the last few boards are a much brighter color than the others.

Fcking color must have settled at the bottom of the tin.....now I have eclectic looking oddly colored decking.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Ok so I'll admit I do suffer from a touch of the road rage condition but a f**king 'N' driver joins a dual carraigeway and proceeds to sit out in the overtaking lane going about 60kms in a 100km zone. They only did their friggin test at a stretch 2 years ago... No goddamn excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People (particularly on Facebook) going ON AND ON AND ON about it being a Bank Holiday weekend.
    And THEN they put up memes and ranty posts about going back to work on Tuesday.
    I'm sick of it.
    You KNOW you've to go back to work Tuesday. It's not a surprise to you.
    Enjoy your weekend (you've obviously been looking forward to it all week) and stop moaning about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

People who shorten words into baby-talk during general conversation
    e.g. biscuits --> biccies
    sausages --> sausies
    etc, etc. Drives me demented.

Pub toilets that are kept in a filthy condition. It is truly disgusting how this is the norm in so many pubs in Ireland - indeed in entire villages and working class areas of cities there is no option to go to the pub with good toilets because such a pub doesn''t exist. I don't care if older people say they were even worse in 1956. It's 2016 and countless Irish publicans are still getting away with such a hygiene standard. It's not like I choose to go to such places; rather, there are so many social occasions where you have to show your face - funerals, parties and the like - and they happen to be located in such pubs.

If their toilets look like that, imagine what the hygiene standard in their kitchen is. Shudder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

People who say they don't want to know the sex of their baby, ffs it will be a boy or a girl. If you don't care either way why don't you just find out and then you won't have horrible yellow walls and clothes for your kid.

Not that I'm saying it has to be pink or blue but at least not the colour of the sun, which they will paint over anyway. Then people can buy cute tops and dresses for the baby instead of dressing the kid like a Calvin Klein ad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement