Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Sooooooo

Beverly Hills Cop is on tv right now.

Beverly Hills Cop 3 is on next.

WHY ARE THEY SKIPPING BHC2?

Fcukers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

T.A. (in advance for myself and anyone else) Guaranteed that some house or office alarm is going to go off somewhere nearby and ring for the entire frickin long weekend (jusus one has just started as I write this). We should be allowed to blast these type of house alarms with a shotgun and the owners dragged off to a Gulag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Being woken at stupid o'clock in the morning by pissed up women on their way home. It's too humid to keep the bedroom window closed at night. Ah, well, I'm just gonna have to drink more tonight to try to sleep through it.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    T.A. (in advance for myself and anyone else) Guaranteed that some house or office alarm is going to go off somewhere nearby and ring for the entire frickin long weekend (jusus one has just started as I write this). We should be allowed to blast these type of house alarms with a shotgun and the owners dragged off to a Gulag.

There's been alarms going off every day this week where I live, factored in with barking dogs, screeching kids, loud music and heat I'm pretty much on my last nerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

When your friend gets a boyfriend, and "nothing is gonna change, we'll still see each other!" but I haven't heard back from her since Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

My neighbour is very fond of hammering and drilling in his garden from 7.30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday mornings so I decided to sleep last night in the spare room at the back of the house, furthest away from the noise. Horrified to be woken at 7.30 a.m. this morning by the guy who lives behind me, starting to demolish a shed in his garden. It's been there for over 50 years, a few more days wouldn't have made a difference, and let the rest of us catch up on some sleep over a bank holiday weekend. Hopefully the neighbours the other side of me have nothing planned for tomorrow morning or I'll find myself doing some demolition myself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The Ryanair website just not working today. I tried putting in routes and dates and instead of spitting back times and prices like every other airline website on the planet it just keeps reverting to the home page. Anyone else having this issue? I even tried different routes but still no joy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

The Ryanair website just not working today. I tried putting in routes and dates and instead of spitting back times and prices like every other airline website on the planet it just keeps reverting to the home page. Anyone else having this issue? I even tried different routes but still no joy..

It's working for me, maybe give it another go?

TA that I have a very odd headache and was slurring earlier, can't sleep either and thats all I want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that I missed the back of my arms with the suncream this morning! Spent all day outside looking at horses jumping massive fences, came home, got in the shower and realised small sections of my arms were on fire... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A huge flock of birds (crows i think) have set up home at the end of the garden. They are so noisy. I'm a bad sleeper at the best of times anyway :mad:

• Advertisement

TG1 wrote: »
    TA'd that I missed the back of my arms with the suncream this morning! Spent all day outside looking at horses jumping massive fences, came home, got in the shower and realised small sections of my arms were on fire... :(

I thought I got away with it, but my neck is at least 8 times the wrong shade than the rest of me - bright red :(
    Did not wash my hair because the shower was going to murder my neck and now TA my hair feels grotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I got stuck behind an old(ish) couple on the footpath yesterday. They were both walking side by side, they were both wheeling travel cases behind them, they both turned their heads and saw me. I of course had to step into the road to get past the f*ckers.

At the end of my walk, I got stuck behind a group of lads. I think they were having a "let's see who can walk the slowest" competition. At least they were considerate enough to let me through when they saw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

I'm TAd at the fact that the rather attractive young woman who I've got to know over the last 2.yrs is unfortunately not the type you'd bring home to meet the parents. She spends much time complaining about work colleagues and what's more offputting is her constant use of bad language in conversation even in front of her parents. Im beginning to think that maybe her boyfriend broke up with her because of her constant criticism of people and her potty mouth. Maybe he saw the light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Went to a gig last night and could hardly hear the band over the din made by cvnts chattering loudly. If they want to shout, go outside and don't ruin it for the rest of us!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Had a dream last night. I was riding a motorbike in the mountains, no helmet, wind in my face and it really was great.

Then TA that I woke up to reality. No bike. No hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I drove home from a wedding last night, so needless to say I didn't drink but I feel so hungover this morning! What's that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

KatW4 wrote: »
    I drove home from a wedding last night, so needless to say I didn't drink but I feel so hungover this morning! What's that about?

It means you did have a drink it's just you were so drunk yesterday you can't remember drinking anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The opening on biscuit packets. They always open so that at least three or four biscuits are in the top half and you have to eat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

eviltwin wrote: »
    The opening on biscuit packets. They always open so that at least three or four biscuits are in the top half and you have to eat them.

And even more TA-ing, those biscuits always crumble/break with the slightest touch.

A neighbour has been spray painting the exterior of their house for 3 days now and the noise is like torture at this point. It's a case of leaving the window open and listening to the noise of it or closing the window and sweltering in the humidity. Starting at 9 on a Sunday morning is really taking the proverbial though. He's at it til it gets dark every night and will probably wake us at first light tomorrow with it, really want to push him off his ladder now.

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »

Dehydration?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The televisions in the gym are "new and improved" apparently. Well, every damn time I go to plug my headphones into one when I'm on the treadmill, I find that the thingy for plugging them in has been cut off or I can't hear a thing. Today's one had a broken remote and of course it was stuck on "Best of Saturday Kitchen" so I had to watch a lady temptingly eat a chocolate croissant as I was running.

eviltwin wrote: »

Look what I done last night, ripped almost the whole bloody packet open at once!
    Could not make myself eat them all either, had to wrap it in clingfilm when its in the cupboard :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Trying to spread hard butter on bread and avoid ripping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Room To Improve on RTE1- the show is nothing more than a disgusting and crass way for upper class solicitors and posh people to show off to the nation the fact that they have millions of euros to spend. There was always money in this country even during the recession and now it seems fashionable to throw that fact in our faces. Every bastarding week without fail you get a couple with about 2million to throw away on their madly designed, 10 storey castle just outside of Wicklow with long lingering close ups of their Grand Pianos and wine collections. "Oh id love a little alcove here Dermot can you help us?". I have never seen a working class or middle class couple featured on this show, who had a few thousand to do up the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My fitted sheet is Egyptian cotton but my duvet cover is not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I've probably mentioned this before, but when a film (or part of it) is set in a place where English is not the native language, and characters from that place speak English amongst themselves. Fu*king hate that.

Charlotte Gray is on TV now, and as the heroine parachuted into a field in France, two boys were playing, and speaking to each other in French-accented English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

BBQ's! Note to self: In future remember to get bbq started AT LEAST 12 hours before actually planning to bloody use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

selous wrote: »
    When you have to hit the bed early (cause you're up early) turn off the radio and you hear aliens....
    WTF,
    I got up, looked out, it's flippin swallows trying to build a nest on the airvent in the bedroom, at 10pm ffs, would not pi** off.
    in went the earplugs, took them out sometime during the night, and the same little fu**ers were back at it at 4am, 30min before the alarm went off.

Then while driving to work, the pigeons, why do they only take off when you're 2 feet from them, after hitting the brakes, grrrr Been a real T.A day

Then coming out of an entrance looking to the right waiting for traffic to go only for a cyclist to come hooring down the cycle lane from the left when the traffic had stopped, Are cycle lanes one way or is it free for all, (he was going against the picture of the bike on the path)

Them birds better not start that again tonight, or it'll be a T.A day not a t.a day grrrrr.

Mr Sam hung old/scratched cd's at the vents as we had the same problem. Picture hanging wire did the job. Apparantly they hate the cd's cos thet move and have reflections.

TA at the dawn chorus outside my bedroom windows at 4am every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

TA that I applied Factor F*ck Off all over my skin yet still managed to burn f*ckery out of my right leg at the beach yesterday. Grrrr. #rashered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement