Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Chafing :0

Also, meteor, I think its been long established now that I've used my data allowance, but by all means..... please do continue sending multiple messages at all hours of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

The flies that are in my house right now. I hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA that, whilst the weather is indeed glorious (PRAISE THE NOODLE!), it is far too humid to sleep, hence why I'm awake on me laptop typing this at almost 4am in the feckin' morning.
    Also, my parents let one of their mates sleep on the couch last night because he couldn't drive due to having a few gargles at dinner and ALL ****ING NIGHT I could hear him snoring through the ajoining wall seperating my room from the living room.
    To highlight just how loud this man snored, let me tell you that I am a deaf woman. I utilize two hearing aids and without them I can barely hear a thing. Yet I could hear this man snoring his brains out as if he was right there in the room with me! :mad:
    It was bad enough tangling myself in my sheets desperate to find a comfortable way of sleeping in the heat but Jesus! Couldn't have slept if I wanted to.
    And so, I shall sit quietly seething in the kitchen with my laptop and a decent book trying not to go mad from lack of sleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Every single day this week I've been woken at stupid o'clock by shrieking kids and barking dogs. This morning had the added joy of a load of adults and kids trying to fit about a million pieces of luggage and 2 prams into a mini van, why they felt the need to wake the whole neighbourhood I don't know, probably so they could let everyone know they're going on holiday. At this rate I'm gonna develop a tic or throbbing vein in my temple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

scream wrote: »
    Every single day this week I've been woken at stupid o'clock by shrieking kids and barking dogs. This morning had the added joy of a load of adults and kids trying to fit about a million pieces of luggage and 2 prams into a mini van, why they felt the need to wake the whole neighbourhood I don't know, probably so they could let everyone know they're going on holiday. At this rate I'm gonna develop a tic or throbbing vein in my temple.

If the house is robbed while they're gone it'll teach them to be quieter next time!!

Today I'm ta'd by people's cavalier attitudes to unemployment. Two friends have recently left jobs with no prospects because they "didn't love the job" while another got a talking to from a supervisor and has said the next time it happens she will leave. I am clinging to my job with a death grip and wondering am I the weird one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

WHO IN THE EFF IS DRILLING ON A SUNDAY????????? IT SOUNDS LIKE A CAT BEING STRANGLED.

IS IT NOT MONDAY TODAY??

TA'd that I've a bloody mountain of washing to be done, never-ending so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Oh got a head cold and then gave it to me on Friday and so at work on saturday it started to hit and I couldn't concentrate. Soldiered through and then collapsed yesterday, still bad today but its hopefully nearly over.

Boiling to death

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Chainsaw man was back with a vengeance this morning , just after 9am. Get a life , you cretin :(.
    My teenager is obsessed with the movie Stand by Me. As well as being TA'd that the movie is 30 yrs old this yr, and makes me feel so old, River Phoenix is now dead as long as he was alive:(. Also, when I googled his death , a really horrible photo of him in his coffin came up, I'm traumatised now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Spent hours transplanting strawberry plants to new long trough plant holders.... and then installing brackets on our garden wall to hold the new troughs.

Just as I was drilling the last hole the fcking drill ran out of power. Takes an age to charge them and I have to work tomorrow so the hole wont be getting drilled tonight. (stop sniggering!).

The job will likely never get finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that Im fighting with Mr Sam but have to ask him now to put aftersun on my back..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Ta'd that I just spilled sherbert all over the clothes I was going to wear to work tomorrow... What kind of a grown up even eats sherbert?? I annoy myself sometimes... :(

So indecisive about something as trivial as going to the shop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I have Christmas music in my head and I can't study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I have Christmas music in my head and I can't study.

An old TA is that I had "my lovely horse" in my head when I was studying for my A levels.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

bopping along to music on your earphones in bed, with no idea how much noise you're making on the mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Insomnia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Had such a horrible nightmare that was actually plausable so felt very real. I feel very unrested now

People who lack basic manners. This morning, it's basic road manners. I reversed to let a guy in, even though I could have been a príck and insist that he reverse, and not even a simple wave in acknowledgement. Basic breeding.

In Ireland, thankfully, most road users are very well mannered. Try driving in Italy, or much much worse Malta, and you'll see how ignorant drivers can be.

Forget about televisions and radios blaring in pubs as nowadays much of the time we can arrange to have meetings in our homes.

My bête noire is televisions and radios on in hospital waiting rooms, doctors' waiting rooms, dentists' waiting rooms. Noise, noise, noise everywhere. Why? If patients want to watch tv or listen to music they can bring their personal player with them and headphones and stop intruding on the peace of the rest of us. Having tv/radio noise on when people in such waiting rooms are often in pain of some sort doesn't bode well for the concern of these medical professionals for patient welfare.

Give. My. Head. Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Earrings on very young babies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

When you have a lovely long relaxing shower at night, and all you want to do is chill out and get into bed after it, but you have to dry your hair first. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Room To Improve on RTE1- the show is nothing more than a disgusting and crass way for upper class solicitors and posh people to show off to the nation the fact that they have millions of euros to spend. There was always money in this country even during the recession and now it seems fashionable to throw that fact in our faces. Every bastarding week without fail you get a couple with about 2million to throw away on their madly designed, 10 storey castle just outside of Wicklow with long lingering close ups of their Grand Pianos and wine collections. "Oh id love a little alcove here Dermot can you help us?". I have never seen a working class or middle class couple featured on this show, who had a few thousand to do up the house.

I am TA that I wasn't annoyed about this until now! It's so true, and the houses are always gawdy looking fúck ups with "nouveau design" pieces of steel and unstained wood everywhere and concrete trying to be cool. What's wrong with a normal house you gobshítes? And there is always a cu next Tuesday of a wife who thinks she knows better than Dermot and fights him to the death on it - why go on the show if you just want to do it yourself? oh that's right, to show the thoroughly average among us that you have money to spend on stupid steel and misplaced concrete slabs.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Earrings on very young babies.

This so much. Also TA big tacky cheapo bows and headbands on their largely bald heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

That TV show Don't Tell the Bride. Every single time, without fail, the silly bítch will be crying because she doesn't like the venue or dress. Why in the name of all that's good and holy would you agree to the show, knowing that your Neanderthal fiancé will be in charge of making all the decisions, and knowing that you will have no say and then cry like a girl because he hasn't somehow divinely inspired what your dream dress is. And why do you go trying on dresses and fall in love with one if you are not going to be the one choosing and buying it? I mean, it took you five hours of trying on to find it, and then you expect some poor guy to just wander into a sea of white lace and disgusting "princess gowns" and know the one you picked??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

American date format which makes me confuse the 7th June with the 6th July.
    1 month early for a work meeting is a new record!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That TV show Don't Tell the Bride. Every single time, without fail, the silly bítch will be crying because she doesn't like the venue or dress. Why in the name of all that's good and holy would you agree to the show, knowing that your Neanderthal fiancé will be in charge of making all the decisions, and knowing that you will have no say and then cry like a girl because he hasn't somehow divinely inspired what your dream dress is. And why do you go trying on dresses and fall in love with one if you are not going to be the one choosing and buying it? I mean, it took you five hours of trying on to find it, and then you expect some poor guy to just wander into a sea of white lace and disgusting "princess gowns" and know the one you picked??

I completely agree with this! One thing I always found annoying about that show was, why didn't any of the couples discuss among themselves, even before they found out whether they'd been accepted to take part, about what they'd like/wouldn't like/sizes (don't get me started on the sizes, how can you not know what your partner's dress/shoe size is?)? Why not look for venue/dress/invites/flowers together in advance? I'm sure the contract they have to sign agreeing there'd be no contact between them only covers the duration of the show.

It makes you wonder if it's all scripted... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Cones that wilt under the awsomeness of a 99 before the ice cream is gone

I received a snailmail letter from a government department this morning. In it they said I could pay the money directly to them. Fair enough. So I go to reach for my card and read "you should forward a cheque...". Bizarrely, there was no alternative method of payment. I rang to see if I could give my card number. No. I double checked. Still no.

I have to either A) find somebody who uses a chequebook in 2016 or B) queue up in a post office and pay a fee for a postal order.

Cheques to be phased out in a bid to modernise payments (January 2010)

And then a government minister will come out and give out because people are still using cheques!

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Even worse was a wedding organised by both of their mothers in order for them to have an expensive honeymoon, wtf is that about? If the most important element of your marriage is your honeymoon then the marriage may be short lived. Why in the hell would you let someone make all the decisions for your wedding day? I just don't get it.:confused:

The stench of BO, so many people reek and I don't know how they can't smell themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My TA is the horrible stuff you inadvertently come across on the internet. I'm not usually a wuss, but I kept waking all night with the image of River Phoenix laid out in his coffin. I'm feckin wrecked today :(
    The shield I got from the dentist to stop me grinding my teeth is so bloody uncomfortable. I can't close my mouth properly with it in, am drooling like Homer Simpson, and it keeps waking me up. Pointless , when I just end up taking it out at some point in the night. My teeth feel all mangled and sore with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement