Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Power tools, well the noise from them. We got new neighbours last year and he's very fond of his power tools/toys. He's a self-employed contractor which means he has a lot of time on his hands which means there's a lot of playing with power tools. Between him and the 8 barking dogs in the neighbourhood my head is pounding and I feel like I'm down to my last nerve. These people don't give a feck about people working nightshifts trying to get a bit of sleep during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

my TA...pumpkins, but not pumpkinseeds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    At least you are in a cubicle. Worse when it's six urinals, and a a person takes the one beside you.....been known to cause stage fright.:)

When you're in having a piss at the urinal and some arsehole comes in after you but has to stand next to you but stands in such a way that he's at an angle away from you.

Effectively announcing "I'm hiding my cock from you. Don't be looking at my cock"

Like I'd want to look at YOU let alone your fucking prick, you fool. Get out before I wear my boot out on your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

HensVassal wrote: »
    When you're in having a piss at the urinal and some arsehole comes in after you but has to stand next to you but stands in such a way that he's at an angle away from you.

Effectively announcing "I'm hiding my cock from you. Don't be looking at my cock"

Like I'd want to look at YOU let alone your fucking prick, you fool. Get out before I wear my boot out on your head.

I always reckon they are hiding it in case it is very small or has warts or a rash on it. TA that now I will start thinking otherwise!

Well then it seem he his showing his "business" to the urinal user on the other side.......and the piped music in the jacks is?

Adele of course, singing "say hello from the other side"

Now I know what the song is all about;)

Ok, my TA.....terrible jokes:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

:D:pac: I love this thread.

TA those little midge bites that have me in a scratching frenzy. I swear I'll tear my skin off if I don't stop scratching.

Well then it seem he his showing his "business" to the urinal user on the other side.......and the piped music in the jacks is?

Adele of course, singing "say hello from the other side"

Now I know what the song is all about;)

Ok, my TA.....terrible jokes:)

I'd forgotten how it felt before [our trousers] fell at our feet :D

TA the post heavy-lunch coma at my desk.

Radio stations reporting "news" of celebrities having their social media accounts hacked. And in other news, innocent people have been blown to pieces etc but we don't care about that we just want to know about celebrity twitter accounts.

Posting a comment on my boss's FB profile telling her to enjoy the hols, and then realising I have blatantly informed her that in her absence I've been on FB during work hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Being snubbed. People don't seem to get how hurtful it can be.

Having to wear jeans for practical reasons and absolutely baking in them.

Making myself sick of a particular song because I sing one line in my head over and over. And over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

If I see someone outside of where they work, I will be racking my brains as to where I know them from. I was at an event recently, and saw a woman across the way and was cracking as to where I knew her from. It turns out she was someone who serves me probably twice a week at least , in a shop. I couldn't place the secretary from the school FFS , after seeing her a couple of times with her child at the park. I'd say it's similar to not recognising a nudey model with their clothes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Forget about televisions and radios blaring in pubs as nowadays much of the time we can arrange to have meetings in our homes.

My bête noire is televisions and radios on in hospital waiting rooms, doctors' waiting rooms, dentists' waiting rooms. Noise, noise, noise everywhere. Why? If patients want to watch tv or listen to music they can bring their personal player with them and headphones and stop intruding on the peace of the rest of us. Having tv/radio noise on when people in such waiting rooms are often in pain of some sort doesn't bode well for the concern of these medical professionals for patient welfare.

Give. My. Head. Peace.

TA that people don't realise this is often used to give privacy to the patient that is in with the doctor. If there was no TV/radio blaring in the waiting room, everyone there would be able to hear some/all of the consultation. After one clinic where I resorted to writing down my questions for a very deaf patient as I knew his daughter was in the quiet waiting room and the questions were *extremely* sensitive, I now insist on having a radio on when I'm doing a clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Multi hour power cuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

People here that I think get paid to post an agenda. Everytime some thread mentions food... Bang the "oh you can get xxx in Lidl/Aldi for €xx and its GREAT and half the price" gob****es come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Two Tone

Not proof-reading. I don't mean the odd mistake - nobody is beyond human error, but comments littered with auto-corrects. Proof-reading takes hardly any time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

4 hours sleep and tinnitus...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

northgirl wrote: »
    4 hours sleep and tinnitus...:mad:

oh sh1t yeah - last night tinnitus was bad with the heavy atmosphere.
    I reckon I can hear weather fronts moving over with the ringing in my ears.

TA - sound engineers adding tinnitus sounds to scenes which makes mine act up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

stoneill wrote: »
    oh sh1t yeah - last night tinnitus was bad with the heavy atmosphere.
    I reckon I can hear weather fronts moving over with the ringing in my ears.

TA - sound engineers adding tinnitus sounds to scenes which makes mine act up.

TA people at work i've said it to finding the whole thing hilarious. Fell asleep yesterday for about 20 minutes to be rudely awoken by the shrill sound and promptly burst into tears - it's a serious headF**k at times tbh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Hi northgirl, have you considered contacting tinnitustrials.ie

Hope I didn't break any rules Mods, just know how bad tinnitus can affect people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I'm terrible with the heat. I have a day off today and i woke up at 7 because it was getting too bright and warm. Had a **** nights sleep because it was so hot and sticky.

I was going to go for a nice long walk but i'm utterly exhausted already so that's pretty much knocked that on the head. I quite like the nice weather but a few days of it in a row absolutely wrecks me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Post sunny week comedown :-(

Websites doing "Leaving cert coverage" really? is it the Olympics now? Why blow it up to an even bigger spectacle than it already is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

When you have a lovely long relaxing shower at night, and all you want to do is chill out and get into bed after it, but you have to dry your hair first. :(

Or when you get out of the shower and every inch of your body is spotless, then you realise you need to take a crap.

fuckin' hate that!

The pleb standing right beside me smoking at the bus stop this morning. It's not like it was raining, he didn't have to stand under the shelter. He could have stood anywhere else. Fúck off away from me now with your smelly cancer stick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Heat rash. I slathered myself in body lotion before going to bed last night and within half an hour I was trying to wash the moisturiser off because I had become a lobster coloured itchy, burning mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

'Social' smoking - my friend was at it at a gig this weekend. He constantly gives out about his dad not being able to give it up yet he was loving the cigarettes and his 8 pints on Sunday evening

WTF is going on with boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

WTF is going on with boards?

I take it you've come across the new site design!

I'm TA'd that I forgot to take my lunch out of the freezer last night, now I've a solid block of chili to heat at work, takes aaaages in the low powered microwaves!

Me no likey new design!

TA I haven't noticed any difference

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA I haven't noticed any difference

I hate when a woman says that!

TA, I'm too warm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement