Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA I haven't noticed any difference

I hate when a woman says that!

TA, I'm too warm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Perhaps you're trivially annoyed about it now, but when it catches up with you - and it will - then you'll long for the old site!

TA'd that the few tables outside the canteen in the sunshine are full, so indoors in the shade with me, looking out at the lucky folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA the plonkers who hijacked the lift earlier. I was going from 1 to 3. The lift stopped on 2 and three people got in and pressed 1. They wasted my time by having to stop and their own time by having to travel to 3 before going down to 1. I just KNOW they pressed the up button as well as/instead of the down one while waiting for the lift, even though they were going down.

Perhaps you're trivially annoyed about it now, but when it catches up with you - and it will - then you'll long for the old site!

TA'd that the few tables outside the canteen in the sunshine are full, so indoors in the shade with me, looking out at the lucky folk.

I imagine it activates when you log in...

I appreciate someone has put a lot of time in for this, but I think it's woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It annoys me when someone asks me why don't I just download a CD/movie, rather than buy it. Feck off, I like to have it to hold in my hands, and put on a shelf. The same with books, why don't I just borrow it from the library , rather than spend money. I'm obsessed with books, certain ones I'll never part with, I've no interest in Kindles etc. and I'm not gone on borrowing books. If I found crumbs in a book I'd probably puke. Mind your own business, and go save your own money :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Teenagers. There were 2 behind me in a queue this morning and I'm not sure that I've ever heard 2 more vacuous, shallow little bitches in my 40 something years on the planet.

Edit: I should add that what really annoyed me was the really nasty vicious crap they were saying about a ''friend'' and how she was a slut.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Vocal fry - this new way of talking by teenagers (especially girls). They suppress their vocal chords so much that they sound like really heavy smokers. Add to that the upward inflection at the end of their sentences a la west coast American accent and it makes for the most annoying sound on earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Slowtime.
    That time between now and the end of the workday when the clock goes extra slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Friends/siblings that borrow (assume ownership) of your clothes

Vocal fry - this new way of talking by teenagers (especially girls). They suppress their vocal chords so much that they sound like really heavy smokers. Add to that the upward inflection at the end of their sentences a la west coast American accent and it makes for the most annoying sound on earth.

This drives me over the edge mad having to listen to. It is painful to hear Irish teenage girls (usually, it's girls) with that Kim Kardashian vocal fry.

TA'd that Irish culture is being diluted year on year with US influences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

TA'd that Irish culture is being diluted year on year with US influences.

TA - when people refer to "Irish culture" as some sort of fixed ideal that we should all aspire to.

Fair enough being peeved at that kind of Americanism, but don't long to revert to something that's never existed outside of someone's sense of nostalgia.

NiallBoo wrote: »
    TA - when people refer to "Irish culture" as some sort of fixed ideal that we should all aspire to.

Fair enough being peeved at that kind of Americanism, but don't long to revert to something that's never existed outside of someone's sense of nostalgia.

I agree completely with you, I'm not yearning for ass and cart, shamrocks, milk churns, bottles of porter, flat caps and yarn. I'm just TA'd at people from Tipperary, Wexford etc sounding like they're from Los Angeles

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

T'ad people think this is some new thing and not just how some people talk and even if it was who cares. It makes people who criticize it sound like crotchety old men. As someone who speaks differently (and was bullied for it - sorry I moved around so much I guess) its annoying and childish. Then theres the fact that Irish people have a million accents and yet we are expected to all sound the same. Its never going to happen and trying to tell us not to say like or street or use vocal fry is ridiculous because while young people do stupid things we get over it (I did).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Popped to the shop at lunchtime.
    Had a woman with a basket behind me at the queue and she kept holding the basket in front and hitting the back of my legs!
    Each time we moved forward, she'd move too close and bang my legs each fuppin time!
    Seriously!?!? Have you no spacial awareness woman?? Get the funk back!

Then driving back to the office I'm behind a woman in a merc.
    Stop at 3 sets of traffic lights:
    First one she is clearly head down on the phone as lights go green....she finally realised around 5 seconds later (I held off from beeping!).
    Both at the 2nd and 3rd set, I had to beep her each time as she's still suck into her phone when lights turned green!! Get off the damn thing and drive!

nicki11 wrote: »
    T'ad people think this is some new thing and not just how some people talk and even if it was who cares. It makes people who criticize it sound like crotchety old men. As someone who speaks differently (and was bullied for it - sorry I moved around so much I guess) its annoying and childish. Then theres the fact that Irish people have a million accents and yet we are expected to all sound the same. Its never going to happen and trying to tell us not to say like or street or use vocal fry is ridiculous because while young people do stupid things we get over it (I did).

In their defence, I think its not just the accent that's annoying. It's the unnecessary insertion of "like" in between every, like, word. And the OMG this that and everything. Words like "totes" and "amazeballs" have little to do with accent. Like OMG its just like, sooooooo annoying like. (like, trivially)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Winterlong wrote: »
    Slowtime.
    That time between now and the end of the workday when the clock goes extra slow.

Tick.
    Tock.
    Tick.
    Tock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA'd at the pressure parents seem to be under to organise lots of activities and camps for their little spoilt brats over the summer hols.

Back in our day, we'd just run free from morning til night!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Sitting directly under the air con unit and freezing my nuts off!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    In their defence, I think its not just the accent that's annoying. It's the unnecessary insertion of "like" in between every, like, word. And the OMG this that and everything. Words like "totes" and "amazeballs" have little to do with accent. Like OMG its just like, sooooooo annoying like. (like, trivially)

I never said it wasn't annoying just the whole the young people talk weird and do weird things is old man talk and unhelpful. It just feeds into the whole the adults are old and crotchety and the young are ignorant wannabes thing.

My friends and I out grew the American talk by second year in college, so will they.

New TA why are skateboards such a recurrent generational fad, when I was a kid skateboards, my dad as a kid skateboards and now my cousins skateboards. I don't hate skateboards but why can't other things come back too, like dropping gunge on the guests of talk shows (the kardashians in particular) or a boom. On the other land I wish short shorts and shirts that don't cover the stomach would go away. I keep getting them as gifts or can't find normal shorts that don't chaff my legs.

Blood test in the morning to check for the dibeeteeees. No more sweet glorious fizz, no more sticky sugary cake.

Although I wouldn't mind so much if it does turn out to be diabetes because I'm having an awful case of the hypochondrias.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Saw a young lad about 12/13, reluctant to call him obese but definitely more portly for his age. Him going down the road on some form of segway and I thought to myself you fat wee bastard your parents are a joke.

But people Are allowed to Trivially annoyed by it, that's the whole point of the thread. And not all teenagers do it. I think it's pretentious and attention seeking, but hey, maybe I'm just older.

My TA is the heat is making people cranky.

armaghlad wrote: »
    Saw a young lad about 12/13, reluctant to call him obese but definitely more portly for his age. Him going down the road on some form of segway and I thought to myself you fat wee bastard your parents are a joke.

That's mean :(

nicki11 wrote: »
    I never said it wasn't annoying just the whole the young people talk weird and do weird things is old man talk and unhelpful. It just feeds into the whole the adults are old and crotchety and the young are ignorant wannabes thing.

My friends and I out grew the American talk by second year in college, so will they.

New TA why are skateboards such a recurrent generational fad, when I was a kid skateboards, my dad as a kid skateboards and now my cousins skateboards. I don't hate skateboards but why can't other things come back too, like dropping gunge on the guests of talk shows (the kardashians in particular) or a boom. On the other land I wish short shorts and shirts that don't cover the stomach would go away. I keep getting them as gifts or can't find normal shorts that don't chaff my legs.

I find it TA regardless of the person's age. So if a crotchety old man inserts "like" in between each word and "OMG" at the end of each sentence I will be TA at him too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Was told I can keep all my belongings in my room when I go back to Ireland this weekend for summer.

Landlady comes today to tell me she is renting my room over summer and to move my belongings to the room down stairs.

I have to be in hospital tomorrow and Friday and might be in another town Saturday and then I fly out on Sunday so I have to move this ****e now.

Why can't she use the room she is making me move stuff to? Cause its her daughters old room and the only spare room to hold things. Arghhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Ta'd that my friend is all annoyed at me because I don't agree with her on how I should live my life and spend my money, she's my friend not my mother!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

The humidity is really annoying me, I'm sick of being uncomfortably sticky all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Girl uploads latest duckface selfie:

Friend 1: OMG hun, stunnin!
    Girl: Just good lighting hun, sure look at you!
    Friend 2: Yer eyebrows are SO en fleek.
    Girl: Tanx hun :D
    Friend 3: Eyebrow game is strong, serious eyebrow envy!
    Girl: Ah will ya stop :).

^ reading that sort of sh*t every day is really annoying. Especially when these selfies are uploaded twice a day and the eyebrows are clearly painted on.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

The amount of hipsters going around wearing woolly hats! I even saw one also wearing a woolly scarf wrapped tightly round his neck, same gobsh1tes probably be wearing tshirts, shorts And Flip Flops In The Middle Of A Blizzard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA'd that there were no pots of the low-fat version of Erin Condensed Chicken Soup with White Wine in Supervalu today. Had to get the regular version and it's just wiped out my daily Syns allowance. (Thought a can of condensed soup would be low but found out the hard way when I looked it up. :/) Also having second week malase about my diet. Getting cravings for Egg McMuffins and breakfast rolls. It doesn't help that my mother, trying to be helpful, made a lovely pot of bolognase with Lyod Grossman sauce and I can't feckin' eat it because it's so high in poxy Syns.
    I'm trying to stick to the program as best as I can but it's hard and I'm just feeling generally irritated by everything today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement