Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

My ta, that we have no more stories on Boards like that hilarious one about five years ago from the lad who fell for his Irish grinds teachers, or the user BobbySands81 talking about how he was sorry for inadvertently walking between a guy proposing to a girl on the Quays in Dublin, and a poster quipped "good to see Bobby Sands is still breaking acts of union!"... or the reply "Yer Ma :o" to the thread question "What's the worst thing you've ever done?"...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ush1 wrote:
    Sitting directly under the air con unit and freezing my nuts off!

I'd sooner that than dealing with our broken aircon over last 2 days. We were considering reviving ice bucket challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I find it TA regardless of the person's age. So if a crotchety old man inserts "like" in between each word and "OMG" at the end of each sentence I will be TA at him too :P

It was more a description of personality then age my cousin has been an old man since he was 8 and hes 19 now. Plus I said I understand the annoyance, outrage at Americanisms not so much, its a fad and Irish people have there own ways of speaking in a million accents. For instance Cork people say Carc, Donegal people call children waynes. Thats a whole different ta for many people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I wonder what ever happened to the guy and the girl that met at a Petrol-Station or someplace?! Oohhh we need another good Safe story. That was brilliant so it was.
    My ta, that we have no more stories on Boards like that hilarious one about five years ago from the lad who fell for his Irish grinds teachers, or the user BobbySands81 talking about how he was sorry for inadvertently walking between a guy proposing to a girl on the Quays in Dublin, and a poster quipped "good to see Bobby Sands is still breaking acts of union!"... or the reply "Yer Ma :o" to the thread question "What's the worst thing you've ever done?"...

My t.a. for today, is not being able to parallel-park!! :o:o:o I waste so much petrol driving around to find new Parking spaces 'cos ones that are available ya have to be able to drive neat straight into them. I'd give reversing into one a better go I'd say, but with towns with narrow streets with traffic going the 1 way it's more the done thing to drive straight into one and ya need to do it with crawling bumper-to-bumper traffic coming up behind ya hot on yer heel.

Also, the thoughts of having to make a million Phone-Calls to contend with Car-Insurance-Shopping. Aaaarrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhhhhh!! I don't like talking. Never mind trying to be swindling/haggling etc. on the Phone. The thoughts of all that just fills me with instant dread! But, it has to be done shure, probably good for me in a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Two Tone

People saying "we"/"us" about stuff that a lot of Irish (or whatever other group I am a member of) do. I know it's not meant literally and it is totally a trivial annoyance, but it grates on me still!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Parents letting their kids use express self service checkouts....you're nullifying their purpose when your child takes between 5-10 attempts to scan each item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People with exhausts that are bigger than their cars.

My house is about 30 meters back from the road, with buildings in between, but I can still hear them tearing up and down... They'll hit a sheep sooner or later and then they'll know all about it when they ruin their silly looking bumpers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

ta'd that in trying to dislodge some food i have managed to ignite some serious toothache :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA at life.

TA that I have a 2 mile walk to the hospital (no buses near it, which makes no sense I know) :mad: for one appointment at 10am then another appointment in same place at 12.30.
    So going to have to hang around most of tomorrow in some damn hospital.
    Then walk back to same place on Friday - fun fun fun. :(

• Advertisement

Waiting for kettle to boil when I decided to read the back of a packet of sweets I got in the poundshop.

Turns out one of the many ingredients is one I am slightly allergic to.

I now remember the hives/nausea coming around the last time I had some (only ate these maybe 3 times this year)

TA at everything now. Going to bed before anything else happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Interview this morning.

TA'd that I'm looking rather smart and polished, but driving the hour to the interview is untucking the shirt and crinkling it a bit... :)

Squall Leonhart; Putting the "trivial" in TA'd since 2007 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I've been travelling quite a bit recently so have built up some non-home or public toilet themed TAs:
    When the toilet paper is on the wrong side, or behind you, so you have to twist around to get it
    When the cubicle is so tight that the bin for 'feminine hygiene products' is touching your thigh, ew!
    When the cubicle is so tight there is no room for you to be in it and close the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

The miserable hotel that work booked me in Scotland (most probably selected by the bottom price on some comparison site) doesn't do porridge on its breakfast buffet.....Every variety of cereal loaded up with sugar but no porridge, thought it was the traditional (and cheapest!) Breakfast here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

We all know those type of parents, the ones so chuffed to have reproduced that they think, we the general public can't get enough of their kids 'delightful' antics. They'll be gurning around trying to catch the eye of anyone close by so we can all acknowledge together just how great their child is, and therefore how great they are because they created it!

Or those who like to remind us that they and their child are more important than anyone else by motoring around with their 'Sean on Board' sticker on their car, because you know, we must all take heed that King Sean is out and about and adjust our driving habits accordingly.

I thought the above two examples were bad until I sat across from a pregnant lady with a t-shirt which said' Baby on Board' and underneath 'Be Careful' and then two little baby feet at the very bottom. Thank god she was wearing it or I might have randomly clotheslined her, or tripped her up for fun otherwise.

SIGH

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My cat took a sh*t in the shower last night.

I hope it was the cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

nicki11 wrote: »
    It was more a description of personality then age my cousin has been an old man since he was 8 and hes 19 now. Plus I said I understand the annoyance, outrage at Americanisms not so much, its a fad and Irish people have there own ways of speaking in a million accents. For instance Cork people say Carc, Donegal people call children waynes. Thats a whole different ta for many people :D

I don't think anyone has claimed outrage, just trivial annoyance - such is our prerogative in the TTTAY thread. :)

TA that my petrol went form 10 miles to 0 in the space of a second this morning and now I am going to spend all day worrying about whether I will make it to the garage after work or if my car will splutter and die halfway there and I will end up mortified at the side of the road :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

It am TA'ed that I managed to accidentally catch a hangover.

Vel wrote: »
    We all know those type of parents, the ones so chuffed to have reproduced that they think, we the general public can't get enough of their kids 'delightful' antics. They'll be gurning around trying to catch the eye of anyone close by so we can all acknowledge together just how great their child is, and therefore how great they are because they created it!

Or those who like to remind us that they and their child are more important than anyone else by motoring around with their 'Sean on Board' sticker on their car, because you know, we must all take heed that King Sean is out and about and adjust our driving habits accordingly.

I thought the above two examples were bad until I sat across from a pregnant lady with a t-shirt which said' Baby on Board' and underneath 'Be Careful' and then two little baby feet at the very bottom. Thank god she was wearing it or I might have randomly clotheslined her, or tripped her up for fun otherwise.

SIGH

Urgh this so much. Baby on Board signs píss me off. I drive safely anyway because I don't want to kill anyone else on the road. All humans are important enough to want to not kill them (except the ones that TA us), your child is not more or less important than anyone else therefore I will not be driving any more or less carefully than I usually do just because I see you have a kid on board.

Also hate the loud-for-the-sake-of-others conversations depicting the nouveau parenting skills. In my day etc. Rabble rabble :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Popped to the shop at lunchtime.
    Had a woman with a basket behind me at the queue and she kept holding the basket in front and hitting the back of my legs!
    Each time we moved forward, she'd move too close and bang my legs each fuppin time!
    Seriously!?!? Have you no spacial awareness woman?? Get the funk back!

Then driving back to the office I'm behind a woman in a merc.
    Stop at 3 sets of traffic lights:
    First one she is clearly head down on the phone as lights go green....she finally realised around 5 seconds later (I held off from beeping!).

Both at the 2nd and 3rd set, I had to beep her each time as she's still suck into her phone when lights turned green!! Get off the damn thing and drive!

This drives me crazy :mad:, If I'm first at a queue of lights and they are red I am like an F1 driver waiting for them to go green. If someone doesn't move off after 3 seconds they are getting beeped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

My lucky Red Crossword pen just ran out.....tits and bollox!

I want to be with my dog today. When I left the house this morning she was giving me her best cow eyes and she was so sad that I was leaving. I want to stay with her today and do lots of fun stuff just me and her. Drive to the petshop and get her favourite treats. Go to the MCDonalds drive through. 6 nuggets for her, veggie burger for me. Drive her to the woods and have a lovely long walk together and let her sniff and explore with no hurry. Watch Simons Cat on youtube together, her favourite. Snuggle up for a snooze and scratch her belly and little soft ears and laugh to myself as she starts to snore.

But I have to work. And the people here are not my dog. They are not cute and they only have two legs.

Major TA. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

threein99 wrote: »
    This drives me crazy :mad:, If I'm first at a queue of lights and they are red I am like an F1 driver waiting for them to go green. If someone doesn't move off after 3 seconds they are getting beeped.

Indeed. I hate people not paying attention when they are driving.

You are in your car to drive. Not to half-turn-around to talk to your passenger, not to play with your phone, not to play with something on the passenger seat, not to eat an ice cream.

You are driving. Do that.

One of my friends who is a nurse keeps posting dumb stuff about "juice cures" and and other natural remedies for serious illnesses on Facebook.

Lovely girl but it's worrying to see a healthcare professional putting any stock in this tripe.

Dublin Bus drivers and the feckin kangaroo petrol they seem to be using these days. Jump stopping and starting and throwing passengers all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Dublin Bus drivers and the feckin kangaroo petrol they seem to be using these days. Jump stopping and starting and throwing passengers all over the place.

That would certainly explain it. Buses have diesel engines. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

T.Annoyance for today, busy day, need a quick cup of tea, grab a minute, making the cup of tea and the tea-bag breaks up in the cup Arrrgh start again after cleaning out the cup.
    And yes I am posting this while having said cuppa and an almond slice.

Headline on breakingnews: "Family that has 'been working hard just to pay the bills' collects €153k Lotto prize"

Struggles to pay bills but can still find money to gamble. Sure it worked out for them but this kind of thing grates with me.

They'll probably have the money flittered away on nonsense within the year.

TA I cant stop thinking about this evening, if my car will make it to the garage. I'm petrified, and also suffering from a weird pre-emptive humiliation even thinking about the car dying. Oh god. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA I cant stop thinking about this evening, if my car will make it to the garage. I'm petrified, and also suffering from a weird pre-emptive humiliation even thinking about the car dying. Oh god. :(

If it is really freaking you out then just plan to go to the garage and buy a few litres of petrol in one of those petrol can things. Bring it to your car and put in it before you set off.
    Plan for that and then change your mind at the last minute. Arragh we will chance it.

TA that I am so practical in my head but not in practice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement