Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Hangovers. I don't usually drink much but I drank an absurd amount last night and now I'm suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Arrived early to airport and now bored. However I would be so stressed if I did not give myself extra time to travel.
    Hope this flight is a safe one.

I googled my symptoms. Up popped MS. I was tested for MS two years ago. Seriously need to get a grip.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA the way Gordon ramsay says restaurant.

Drinking a ton of water to stay hydrated and the resulting bathroom trips every half hour.

flimsy battery life on phones, tablets etc. ive one phone that can barely survive a day with no use.

ordering food and they sneak in extra charges for this that and the other. I had food a while ago in a franchise that shall not be named, food was worth 8 quid but the total came to about 13.... cant remember but I think i was charged for 'service' and water. im not stingy with tips but id rather give it than have it taken from me in another form.

Constipation and trapped wind.

• Advertisement

Very trivial but all happened with in 10 mins this morning.
    - Went to bathroom and someone left the toilet with out flushing, lovely
    - Went to get my towel, apparently its been lost, only rattiest one thats no ones.
    - Turned on shower to warm up as I got ready, some **** angled it so it sprayed out on me (like I was outside the shower door, just had my arm in to turn it on. So floor and me covered by water. Dried it up.
    - The shower had hair all over it, ****ing clean up after yourself you ****ing animals, so cleaned it before I got in, more time wasted.
    - Cherry on top? Someone moved the temperature settings (this shower needs 50 attempts to make it not burn or freeze you) - it was on artic. After I left it to warm up, it never would.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Really trivial but it was early this morning and all I wanted was a bloody shower. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TA'd by one of my work colleagues this morning. Gets on to tell me that his machine won't start. So I go through the whole process of ringing maintenance, organising an engineer, major hassle really as it takes ages to get someone. So after half an hour of this, he gets on to say 'Oh, it starts now, cancel that engineer'. I could bloody murder him!

I googled my symptoms. Up popped MS. I was tested for MS two years ago. Seriously need to get a grip.

:(

Never Google your symptoms. You'll end up thinking you've got Super HIV mixed with everything-cancer and, somehow, feline AIDS. WebMD is the absolute worst. Symptoms: sore throat, sweaty palms - must be a stroke.

Anyway, my TA is - my coldsore, which I thought was actually going away, has now split to become three separate smaller coldsores.
    TA'd by one of my work colleagues this morning. Gets on to tell me that his machine won't start. So I go through the whole process of ringing maintenance, organising an engineer, major hassle really as it takes ages to get someone. So after half an hour of this, he gets on to say 'Oh, it starts now, cancel that engineer'. I could bloody murder him!

In my experience and calling the IT department; 99% of the time, whatever had prompted the call to them resolves itself when they get there, leaving you saying, "no, I swear it was broken" and forcing a rather annoyed IT technician to waddle back to their section.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

One of my colleagues made a mistake and now I could be in the firing line :mad:. This week was gonna suck anyway (dentist) and now I may get in trouble. Its never happened before (to me at least) so I don't even know how serious it will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Ordering a veggie burger and then seeing that it's being cooked on the same grill as the flesh burgers, and major cross contamination with utensils etc. The guy cooking it actually scrapped up burnt on fat with a spatula and then used the same spatula to turn my burger. I think some bacon fat actually dripped onto it too.

I don't like creating a scene and I generally despise people who demand that dishes are adapted to suit their belief system, but come on like. If you're going to sell something as vegetarian then at least make sure it's fúcking vegetarian, and no I am not eating it.

TA having a fried egg for Sunday dinner :(

• Advertisement

Listening to RTÉ this morning and my teeth grate.

The way all the RTÉ newsreaders are now pronouncing English words as the BBC pronounces them. Issue - that always had an 'sh' sound in RTÉ when I was growing up. It still has in real life. Schedule - that always had a 'k' sound for the 'ch' in RTÉ when I was a kid. It still has in real life. They even say "an historic" when any barely literate person knows 'an' is only valid before a vowel sound (i.e. not necessarily before a vowel) in words of Latin origin and that therefore, when the 'h' in 'historic' (or hotel, etc) is pronounced, as it is in Ireland, it is correct to say "a historic" (or hotel, etc) and incorrect to say "an historic" (or an hotel, etc). Staying in "an 'otel", living in "an 'ouse", visiting "an 'istoric site" are not pronunciations common in Ireland. There are many, many other instances of RTÉ personnel, out of sheer ignorance and cultural inferiority, misapplying Received Pronunciation English to Ireland. A television programme on this pernicious cultural change in RTÉ, and the mentality and people behind it, is long, long overdue. But where, alas, would it be shown?

One of the few things they get correct is Port Laoise, where the last vowel is pronounced with an 'ah' sound (think Aoife/Deirdre/Gráinne, etc) despite the many troglodytes who, in blissful ignorance of a linguistic pattern that's well over 1000 years, persist in saying Port Laoise is correctly pronounced PortLeesh. Bizarrely all but one RTÉ newsreader/journalist follows this pattern through to its logical conclusion when it comes to pronouncing Dún Laoghaire correctly - hint: it's not Doneleerie.

Ok, that trivial annoyance ended up being a bit of a rant. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Think I fecked up an interview for a job I really want ;-(

Panic attacks since yesterday. Go away fúckers!

Another one: the amount of sugar in supposedly healthy breakfast cereals. While basic common sense would tell us that Frosties, Coco Pops, muesli etc are full of sugar, how many people realise cereals like Bran Flakes and All-Bran are riddled, absolutely riddled, with sugar. C. 20 grams of every 100 grams are added sugar. For years of advertising I thought they were healthy. What an eye-opener.

Porridge seems to be the only healthy cereal.

I'm annoyed that some w*nker is filling my Facebook page with loads of 4 year old Euro football pics, ffs, it's not like they're going to win. I know it's a bit of fun but Jaysus, the town looks like a kip with the amount of bunting strung out of houses. Gob****es trying to compete to see who can have the tackiest house. I'll be glad when it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Bumped into the person I have a crush on - which was great!

And I managed to have a great conversation with him, as opposed to stumbling over my words, or spraying him with spit while I spoke, or something like that - which was great!

And now I am all giddy even though I know nothing is likely to come of the situation - which is why I am checking into this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Vel wrote: »
    Bumped into the person I have a crush on - which was great!

And I managed to have a great conversation with him, as opposed to stumbling over my words, or spraying him with spit while I spoke, or something like that - which was great!

And now I am all giddy even though I know nothing is likely to come of the situation - which is why I am checking into this thread!

Trivial Things that make you happy >>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Trivial Things that make you happy >>>>>>

Eh, see my last line

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

BLUEBOTTLES.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

My fringe is a little too long at the moment and I can see it when I look up. Won't be able to chop it til tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

The woman in front of me in Eason with a colouring book and a box of markers, reminding me of the happy ease of youth and how much it sucks to be an adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

IBS :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People. In particular those I had to deal with today. :mad:

Someone sprayed something on the bus. Might be hairspray? Either way its making my eyes water and cough and people opened windows are not helping. Makes the air so heavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I was on the 77a into town. the goon on the upper deck behind me had a chat to his buddy on his smartphone at the top of this voice saying he'd be in the pub in 10 minutes..
    I think the journey took a bit longer though.

The cone of shame from the vet is too small for my pet and they won't have a bigger one til tomorrow, so I've been improvising and making my own, out of the side of a small cardboard box, what I really need is a large paper plate. TA, not having the right sized cone of shame and hoping he's not going to tear his stitches out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when you haven't been on adverts in a while, you come back and all your ads are expired/withdrawn and you have relist each of them which takes forever if you've loads.

We had to wait for someone to reverse about half a mile down the lane to the junction, as they could not get past the bus and there were no pull ins. Just annoyed at why a big bus takes the small lane more than anything.

When you turn on RTÉ Radio 1 at 16:30 and the whole Drivetime programme has been replaced by soccer. The same with Cormac Ó hEadhra's show on RnaG. Grrrrr. So much for choice and diversity.

On the plus side it's gorgeous, like a Sunday morning drive, driving around Dublin with so few people on the roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

how tough it is being an Irish soccer fan :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement