Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

the US medias obsession with the royal family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

BLUEBOTTLES.

I was transporting a bin at the weekend, I had 8 in my car this morning... 8!! I was very annoyed at 8 trivial things on my morning commute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

When someone scrapes their fork on their plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I sat on a radiator and ripped it out of the wall on one side. Easy to fix once we get the right bracket. Then it starts to leak. I burst a pipe. I'm such a dumb ass.

Also my cats are so bold, swiping, hissing and growling at the baby kittens. I lost my patience and gave out stink to them and now they're ignoring me.

My whole day is a trivial annoyance. Tomorrow will have to be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Moths. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

When someone scrapes their fork on their plate.

Or their teeth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

People who yawn with their mouths open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

People who talk while chewing gum. I hate you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My sunburn is peeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The above-counter cupboards in my kitchen are only 9.5" deep. Doors won't close fully with normal sized dinner plates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Despite my best intentions, I have fallen in love with a pup belonging to our neighbor's dog. I cant resist him. The others are all a bit whingey but this little guy just sits looking at me and when I pick him up he snuggles into my neck and sleeps. And when I hold him in front of me he looks at me with his eyes that are like big blue orbs and lets me kiss his little nose. He even wags his little tail and licks my face and he's only three weeks old. I really don't want another dog but this boy has my heart. Major TA. :mad:

RTPI for Dublin Bus. If you were sitting at the bus stop and it said 7 minutes til the bus arrived, you'd be waiting at least 11 minutes. However, when you leave the house (which is 4 minutes away) and it says the bus will arrive in 7 minutes, it arrives in 4 minutes, and you just miss it. Wánkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I think I left my paint palette about 600 miles away.
    Time to use a lunch box lid!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Big Brother!

Who. Gives. A. Fcuk.!

That and people being referred to as "Public Figures"

Guys, you are either famous or you are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

And calling famous people 'stars'. WTF?!
    Some people are famous for been famous. They are not stars. Mostly they are muppets.

After a Council funded jolly to Ali's funeral County Councillor claims that his visit to the funeral will put Clare on the map. What the actual fcukety fcuk? Nobody will have even noticed their presence. If Ali's visit to Ennis years ago didn't help to promote the County their bloody visit certainly won't. An absolutely disgraceful waste of funds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

TA'd at myself for managing to spend an hour in the bathroom earlier. I was only two minutes doing my business but then I got a text and spent the next hour in a group chat. It was quite funny so I was their laughing to myself. There was a caretaker in the bathroom fixing a broken urinal and he probably thinks i'm crazy and have gastro-intestinal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A couple of evenings ago, I bit the inside of my lip eating dinner. Several times since I've bitten myself in the same spot whilst eating. It's so bloody sore now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

After my mishap with the radiator yesterday, I cleaned up the kitchen floor, after the plumber was in, so that it sparkled. My boyfriend walks in and across the floor in his dirty working boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

When you use a public toilet and clearly lock the door bringing up the "occupied" sign on the outer door but some idiot always has to try the door anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

*Enters password on site not used in a while*
    *Incorrect password*
    *Re-enters password, still incorrect*
    *Clicks reset password, follows link in email*
    *Enters new password - YOU CANNOT USE OLD PASSWORD AS YOUR NEW PASSWORD*

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just woken up with Scatman in my head :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Dear Samsung/Sharp/Panasonic/any home entertainment manufacturer.

Get rid of that FUCCKING auto source "detect" ... it doesn;t work , it just f*cking annoys people.

I turn on the TV and BD player , manually select the correct source and you KEEP ****ING CHANGING IT BACK with your f*cking bull**** auto source detection bollix.

Not untill the movie is selected does it stay on the correct source :mad:

Trust the user to not be a complete f*cking idiot and let him choose the source himself!!!

What really annoys me is , some years ago, in some bullsh*t meeting
    with d1ckheads who like to use phrases like "touch base ... moving forward .... face time ... dynamically reconceptualize market positioning human capital" etc .

Some Cunt suggested an auto source "detection" ... some other Cunt said "Good Idea" ... and an even bigger Cunt approved it.

F*ck off auto detection ... jesus .. how can I disable it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Very trivial but I need to leave film in the chemists to be developed but I forgot when I was in town yesterday, and now I don't feel like going all the way into the city for that. So will just have to wait :/

Also, I paid for NEXT DAY delivery, an extra £15 which is a lot to a poor student, and guess what, not arrived yesterday and now I have to hang about to open the door for my late parcels. I only packed my suitcase with 3days worth of clothes, one of the boxes has rest of clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

People who use too many words....

People who use "big" words to make themselves sound better. My pet hate one is "purchased" instead of bought. Also people who say "speficic" and who start any complaint with, " as an old person" or "as an Irish citizen" etc. Fúck off would you.

Also people who slow down so much turning a corner that they practically stop and you have to jam on and change gear. You're not driving a fúcking tank you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

When you use a public toilet and clearly lock the door bringing up the "occupied" sign on the outer door but some idiot always has to try the door anyways.

You think that's bad ... I was on holiday in Romania and in a toilet in a bar one night someone does this, then leaves comes back and forces the door in! I'm just there sitting on the toilet looking at him going What the F**K!? .. Idiot. I wasn't even in there for long just a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

scream wrote: »
    People who yawn with their mouths open.

Is there any other way to do it?

Text someone, and they ring back. Aaaaaaaarrrrgh.

Gwynplaine wrote: »

Oh this!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »

I should have said without covering their mouths. :D I don't want to see someone's fillings when they yawn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement