Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who use "big" words to make themselves sound better. My pet hate one is "purchased" instead of bought. .
    A former boss of mine would use "utilise" all the time instead of "use". "What stapler did you utilise to staple those pages?" etc. I still get a twitch in my eye whenever someone uses that word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A former boss of mine would use "utilise" all the time instead of "use". "What stapler did you utilise to staple those pages?" etc. I still get a twitch in my eye whenever someone uses that word.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

People who call their husband their 'hubby'. I really hate that word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eviltwin wrote: »

Or other half! What, are single people only halves? :( I prefer "ball and chain" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Soggy 1980's tomatoes in me sandwich :(

(Beef tomatoes are 1980's tomatoes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Or other half! What, are single people only halves? :( I prefer "ball and chain" :P

Herself or himself

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Forgetting to turn on the football, turning it on seeing that it should be approaching half time.
    Just missing the 2nd goal by seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Posts with links to Joe.ie

Id rather hear my parents fcuk.

Any links to Joe.ie should be a banable offence.

All the videos and stories about Irish fans in France having a sing song or changing some aul ones wheel in a 'sure aren't we a great bunch of lads' way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I was chopping chillies. Then went to the toilet.

I thought this only happened in cartoons. I can handle the heat but my poor bell pepper can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Still waiting for my parcels, my whole day wasted so far, was meant to meet a friend and had to cancel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

All the videos and stories about Irish fans in France having a sing song or changing some aul ones wheel in a 'sure aren't we a great bunch of lads' way.

No need to be against people celebrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

failinis wrote: »
    Still waiting for my parcels, my whole day wasted so far, was meant to meet a friend and had to cancel!

I've more or less written off tomorrow as I have to do the same thing

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I've more or less written off tomorrow as I have to do the same thing

I wrote off yesterday when they were meant to arrive, I paid for next day delivery which I will be asking for back whenever they arrive :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Reading previous posts, it reminds me how annoying it is to not know how to refer to the person you spend your life with, when you aren't married ! Partner is the worst to me, yeeee fcukin hawww:)
    Another TA, today I unintentionally gave someone introducing themselves to me a really weak handshake :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

People calling during home and away :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I hate it when I carelessly throw a half empty mug of cold coffee into the dishwasher. ...
    Only to realise that the dishwasher had finished hours ago but had not been emptied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

My TA is when one makes a total balls of small talk with colleagues.

One trivial issue is the media believing everyone in this state is a married couple. Plenty of single people in Ireland but you would hardly know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    One trivial issue is the media believing everyone in this state is a married couple. Plenty of single people in Ireland but you would hardly know it.

This...... a million, trillion, zillion times.

Also, newspaper headlines such as 'Families will now have to pay extra for waste collection' or whatever.

Whaaaat? Single people don't have to pay them? or a group of people sharing a house? Shure that's great altogether.

• Advertisement

No need to be against people celebrating.

I'm not. It's the twee media coverage that is irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Just because you have earphones in doesn't mean everyone else can hear you squeak along to the tunes......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Having to pay to use the toilets in St. Stephen's Green Shopping Center. It's the height of greed. I was amazed to see people queuing up to pay. It must be the only shopping mall in the world that charges people to take a piss.

Having to pay to use the toilets in St. Stephen's Green Shopping Center. It's the height of greed. I was amazed to see people queuing up to pay. It must be the only shopping mall in the world that charges people to take a piss.

It is common around the city to pay for an item before using the toilets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Indeed. The 2011 census indicated that there are now 392,000 one-person households in Ireland and it's apparently more women than men. Worldwide the number of single person households has gone up 80% in 15 years.

And yet people look at me like i have two heads because i've been single for years and my main reason is that i love being alone.

"Do ya not get lonely? Sure i don't know what i'd do with my Paddy/Mary and the kids!"

I'll tell you what you do. You'd do what i do. Any ****ing thing you want, any ****ing time you want.

"Ah, you'll settle down some day."

Nope, no i won't. My life is pretty great as is ,thanks, not going to mess things up for no good reason. Seriously, you'd want your head checked if you wanted to be in a relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Or when people say herself or himself ... F*CK OFF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

When a video is filmed in portrait mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

We need to shoot the prick that invented "on" and "off" noises on electrical appliances.

I don't want to hear ****ing green sleeves blasting at a loud set volume when I turn it off going to bed after having watched telly at a low volume so I don't keep the rest of the house awake.

The ****ing dishwasher ending with 10 ear piercing beeps spaced out over a minute. I mean what the ****, what kind of cutlery catastrophe or delf disaster requires this ****ing beeping when the poxy thing has taken 3 hours to finish on the "eco" setting.

Every poxy ad on telly having the very original Irish long conversation on the phone with lots or yeahs thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Indeed. The 2011 census indicated that there are now 392,000 one-person households in Ireland and it's apparently more women than men. Worldwide the number of single person households has gone up 80% in 15 years.

And yet people look at me like i have two heads because i've been single for years and my main reason is that i love being alone.

"Do ya not get lonely? Sure i don't know what i'd do with my Paddy/Mary and the kids!"

I'll tell you what you do. You'd do what i do. Any ****ing thing you want, any ****ing time you want.

"Ah, you'll settle down some day."

Nope, no i won't. My life is pretty great as is ,thanks, not going to mess things up for no good reason. Seriously, you'd want your head checked if you wanted to be in a relationship.
    I hear you!!! Single person household here too and I LOVE it.
    So much freedom and no putting up with other peoples crap.

My TA today: (or rather yesterday) People who ring my boss' phone when he is away from his desk. Our phones are on a loop and I can pick up calls from mine. Phones have our names on them so I can see who's ringing internally and they can see who picks it up.
    It happened twice yesterday that I took a call, caller would have seen my name popping up and could then have chosen to cancel the call. But no, they wait for me to press the "pickup" button and then slam the receiver down. Height of f***ing ignorance. I'm picking up no stinking phone calls today!!1 :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

People that walk along side a train frantically pressing the open door button expecting the train to shudder to a stop and the doors to fly open

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement