Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Fella comes in to our facility today. I knew that it was his 1st time, that he was new to the place so I sat down and told him, in great detail, the lay of the land, where to go, what to do, when he was finished what paper work he needed to complete, the whole shebang. He then looks at me and says 'I'm new here, you're gonna have to explain what I need to do'. Oh sweet Jesus.

No wonder I some times sit here and weep silently at how some people are so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Got used to living by myself so slightly frustrated and readjusting.
    Having to listen to my mother is annoying me very much so.
    One of those people that believe lemons can cure cancer, every ****ing morning she is telling me to eat a raw jelly cube because it will some how fix my currently unknown cause joint pain, or tried to make me drink holy water when I had a dangerous high fever. **** right off.
    Its even annoying me that I know I am being immature being annoyed at this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Had an accident 4 weeks ago, clean knocked out 2 front teeth, 3 stitches between the eyes, 4 in the chin, plastic surgery to put upper lip back together. For a while my face was covered in cuts which were oozing & massive swelling.

My TA is people saying "you were lucky" plus "it could have been worse".

People who win the lottery are lucky. As long as there is just one person alive on the earth it could always be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People calling during home and away :mad:

People NOT calling during Home and Away.

When you have the misfortune of having to phone customer service of some company and you have to speak slowly, clearly and repeatedly because the employee is not exactly fluent. That's about as polite as I'm willing to be about my 5-minute-seeming-like-15-minutes call 20 minutes ago. And this overexplaining while you're sorting out something is superfluous waffle. Oh, and so also is telling me about all your online facilities and to check your website when the very reason I'm ringing you is to tell you that you've permanently locked me out of your website. Seriously. It's like these people are programmed to say the same thing to everybody without listening to the customer. Welcome to customer service in 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Rain does not equal cold. I saw smoke from several chimneys on way home yesterday. When I went outside at home, I could the neighbour's boiler firing up.
    "Oh look it's raining, better light the fire"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Rain does not equal cold. I saw smoke from several chimneys on way home yesterday. When I went outside at home, I could the neighbour's boiler firing up.
    My mum's a terror for this. She's always cold and will have a fire on in mid July if she feels like it. :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

The Democratic Unionist Party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

On the bus there to work.

On the phone to my mother and said the f word.

Person looked accuss at me and put her finger up to her lips and went shh and no bad words .

I turn to her and go what the f.Uck is your problem ?.

She went snow white ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I've just found out there is something more annoying than having a song stuck in your head. The day after having a song stuck in my head and I can't for the life of me remember what the song is. It's driving me nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

People who sit on the outside seat on a bus or train when the inside seat is empty. Why do they do this? Is it so they don't want anyone to invade their personal space or do they think they'll get off the bus a little bit quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Reading the news about Cliff Richard, I now have the "Open your eyes on Saviour's Day" song stuck in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

razorblunt wrote: »
    Reading the news about Cliff Richard, I now have the "Open your eyes on Saviour's Day" song stuck in my head.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. You have put that song in my head and now I must have retribution. I have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you un-earworm me now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

ken wrote: »
    I've just found out there is something more annoying than having a song stuck in your head. The day after having a song stuck in my head and I can't for the life of me remember what the song is. It's driving me nuts.

That song "The sound of silence" by Disturbed, not bad you may say....BUT all I can hear is Joe Dolan singing it when the singer gets going in the song, go on listen again an see if im right, it's t-a ing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Gwynplaine wrote: »

I saw several people today wearing boots and winter coats! It's not really cold, just dull.. they must have been roasting in those clothes.

I was just on the luas and the driver kept taking his foot off the accelerator and back on, and kept braking really hard at each stop. I was standing so it really annoyed me. Wish it was possible for passengers to rate the driving skills of drivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Finding out that your water is supplying your neighbour too, but only registering on YOUR meter and YOUR bill, Ring I.W to be told......it's nothing to do with them, you'll have to get your own plumber to fix it.. WHAT???:mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Uncomfortable pillows, why do they always lose the support in the middle? (I don't have a big or weird shaped head)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

miezekatze wrote: »
    I saw several people today wearing boots and winter coats! It's not really cold, just dull.. they must have been roasting in those clothes.

I was just on the luas and the driver kept taking his foot off the accelerator and back on, and kept braking really hard at each stop. I was standing so it really annoyed me. Wish it was possible for passengers to rate the driving skills of drivers!

TA'd at the stares I endured today for wearing (god forbid) a dress! It's summer people - not scorchio - but not winter either!

I've completely lost track of the days of the week this week, I keep thinking it's Friday or Saturday. Also, I really should get off my fat ass and go for a walk but I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

scream wrote: »
    I've completely lost track of the days of the week this week, I keep thinking it's Friday or Saturday. Also, I really should get off my fat ass and go for a walk but I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself.

I'm doing exams and have lost all concept of time.

My TA, a fly died in my newly opened two litre bottle of water and I had to throw it out. Now i'm thirsty and poor.

• Advertisement

Cut my legs shaving and waiting for it to bloody stop bleeding so I can roll down my pjs! Ahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

ever get a greasy skin feeling after fast food? TA my face feels oily after a chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

that little fecker who slips into your dishwasher mid-cycle and upturns containers, which were facing down, so that when the wash is finished those containers are filled with dishwasher water :(

I need all of the cuddles.

Buy there isn't anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Good news: don't need to go to get the car nct'd today

Bad news: it's a poxy scenic so obviously today would be the day that the handbrake fails.

Just discovered my brother is coming on the 2hr drive to Belfast with us, as if today was not stressful enough I have that bollocks to listen and deal with.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    ever get a greasy skin feeling after fast food? TA my face feels oily after a chipper

I can't stand greasy feeling on my hands or face, yeah its almost always just chips that do it to me.

TA a friend cancelled plans with me (she has good reason to have cancelled but I've not seen her for 3 months so was building it up) - always next week!

Windows 10. Windows 10. Windows 10. And that recurrently frozen taskbar/clock/date/calendar problem which IT fixers across the world must be making a fortune from.

ctrl + alt + del + Taskbar + explorer end task + File + Run New Task + explorer.exe. Bring back Windows 7.

Windows 10. Windows 10. Windows 10. And that recurrently frozen taskbar/clock/date/calendar problem which IT fixers across the world must be making a fortune from.

ctrl + alt + del + Taskbar + explorer end task + File + Run New Task + explorer.exe. Bring back Windows 7.

Also the disappearing icons for volume and battery.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I got a big f*cker of a paper cut on the side of my hand just from opening a box of cereal. It stings like a b1tch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement