Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Planning out my weekend and it's essentially DIY and Football.
    I wish it was just football.

Myself.

Him "We'll go for a drink. Bla bla bla".
    Me "I'm free all weekend"
    Him "What about Sunday?"
    Me " Great. Will we go to *insert pub*.
    Him "I might be bla bla bla at such a time. So I won't commit to a place. We can figure it out on the day"
    Me "I'm also around Saturday"
    Him "That might work".

That was hours ago! Just make a goddamn plan! Course the football is on tomorrow and what would you know, the least likeliest man in the world who would be a fan is a fan. I bet he forgot it's on.

Uh oh. I like this one. It's always a sign when I start to overthink plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The missus making plans in secret.

Her on Friday: I am looking forward to dinner in mams
    Me: When is that on
    Her: Tomorrow
    Me: When was that organised
    Her: Three weeksago, I told you
    Me: No you didnt, I am going out with the lads tomorrow
    Her: But she has gone to a lot of trouble and is doing fillet steak cause its your favourite

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Bought new lawnmower in a few days ago.
    There's a small bit of grass (only about two metres square) at far side of my footpath out the front which I really don't need to look after, but I do. Cut the grass this evening, but blade clips the side of manhole cover and is buckled up. To add to the TA, it should be just a case of unscrewing a nut and removing and replacing the blade, but the bloody nut won't budge!
    And of course, this never, ever happened with the old lawnmower!

Myself.

Him "What about Sunday?"
    Him "I might be bla bla bla at such a time. So I won't commit to a place. We can figure it out on the day"
    Him "That might work".

That was hours ago! Just make a goddamn plan! Course the football is on tomorrow and what would you know, the least likeliest man in the world who would be a fan is a fan. I bet he forgot it's on.

Still no plan. He can feck off so. If I'm around tomorrow well and good and if not that's the way it goes.

*annoyed face*

Maybe also sad face.
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Still no plan. He can feck off so. If I'm around tomorrow well and good and if not that's the way it goes.

*annoyed face*

Maybe also sad face.
    :(

feck him - he ain't good enough:)

my TA is I've a stomach bug and I've felt off all day. I'm in bed at half ten on a Friday night. can't stomach any drink even... ugh :(

everlast75 wrote: »
    feck him - he ain't good enough:)

my TA is I've a stomach bug and I've felt off all day. I'm in bed at half ten on a Friday night. can't stomach any drink even... ugh :(

Thanks everlast :)

I'm sorry you have a dodgy belly. An early night and a good sleep might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Had a very disappointing food delivery. All items were not was I was expecting, totally misleading on the menu. Kebab without bread, chicken dippers actually chicken wings etc. Half of it went into the bin. Expensive as **** for what it was too. :(

When you're writing a post in this box on Boards using your iPad and you go to another browser tab to get a link to put in this post but when you come back all your writing here is gone. Incredibly frustrating. Yet another reason to stick with my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

When your mouth is full and you have to focus a sneeze through your nostrils.

What horror awaits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Pac1Man wrote: »
    When your mouth is full and you have to focus a sneeze through your nostrils.

What horror awaits.

Or you almost choke yourself trying to swallow the food in time, and end up with tears coming from your eyes are people asking if you are okay :p

TA I have to leave the house today, tired and sore and just want to stay in bed and draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Manbags.

Myself.

Him "What about Sunday?"
    Him "That might work".

I can't copy and paste over to the happy thread.

But.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

When people leave the butter out in warm weather to get all melted and liquidy :(

When people leave the butter out in warm weather to get all melted and liquidy :(

OR THE MILK - slightly warm milk in cereal is disgusting. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Went to buy bin bags and got a letter with them saying that due to the new pay by weight thing I need to be in a designated area to get a permit to keep using the bags. Of course my apartment being not on a certain street means that I magically have room for wheelie bins.

I'll also have to buy them from the bin company directly, that will be another level of hassle. That's assuming that they graciously allow me to keep using the bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

TA'd that I managed to knock myself out with turf. I am so stupid sometimes.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The Turkish airlines ad during the football - the bell sound is similar to my doorbell. I've heard it lots of times now and know it's on the TV but I still glance towards the hall every time.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

TA'ed when people use the word floor, when they mean ground/pavement, e.g. he fell on the floor outside the pub. I hear it all the time on U.K. News, I'll be more than TA'ed if it starts to creep into everyday usage here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

When you're with someone and they either haven't the manners, or the attention span, to leave their phone away

Nothing gets at me more

"Need this for snapchat"

• Advertisement

People who litter. I mean, why? Put it in your pocket until the next bin or until you reach home. We are privileged to live in a very beautiful environment, and in a decent society with fairly strong volunteerism keeping many or most of our places tidy. Having a clean environment reflects well on us, and benefits our economy hugely in the form of tourism.

Most of all it's just about respect. Respect for yourself, your community or somebody else's community, your environment. Not littering just makes our community a little bit nicer, and all these bits of niceness add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

When the word 'space' is used instead of 'room' or 'garden' - it's all the go in these home improvement programmes on RTE. Space this, space that. Major TA of mine.

TA that I thought today was Saturday, and that I left my alarm clock at Uni anyway so got someone roaring in my door at 8.58 about getting up to go to mass.
    If you were going somewhere for 9am, and a person had not appeared yet, would you not at least knock on their door at 8.45 ish???
    TA now my family think I am some kind of heathen because of the above events now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd by people that agree to things, then bail out by cutting contact. I'm actually a very reasonable person and don't mind if people can't do things or even don't want to do things, but tell me, don't just leave me to guess by the fact that I've not heard a peep since agreeing to a plan....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

People who use 'hipster nonsense' to describe anything they dislike

'They painted their door red'

"I'm sick of this hipster nonsense, what was wrong with brown?!'

By an absolute ****ing mile the most overused, incorrectly used, term that eejits spout constantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Loud music being played in the park near my house today. It's Sunday and I want to have a nap. Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I can't cope with FaceTime :(. Some Sundays when I visit my mother, she FaceTimes her brother, and his daughters are visiting him, and it's pure mental. My mother keeps thrusting her iPad into my face. It wouldn't matter who it was, it's freaky and I don't like it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

So my roommate got some post one day, and I put on the kitchen table in the corner where she keeps her fruit and stuff. It's still there. Unopened.

Since December.

Trivially annoying indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

2nd food delivery **** up this weekend. Wrong pizza was delivered: no meat whatsoever, no jalapenos. Who the **** orders tomatoes and pineapple on a pizza?! I'm too meek to ring them up so it went straight into the bin. I live a sad life, food delivery is often the highlight of my weekends. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

'grown-ass', as in, 'grown-ass man' or 'grown-ass woman'. As opposed to 'grown man' or 'grown woman'.

Has anybody seen this on facebook or wherever?

I hope it has a short lifespan anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement