Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The thought of going back to work tomorrow after a few days off is TA'ing me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Hair all over the shower after a sibling uses it. What I do not get is why so much, I shave more of my body than them and they don't shave their face/legs/armpits anyway. Disgusting (as in hair all over shower, I don't care if anyone shaves or not just do not leave it around!) One of the few things that makes me really see red. I have to clean the shower before I even get in. You call them and say "****in disgrace" and they shrug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Wrecked but can't fall asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

failinis wrote: »
    TA that I thought today was Saturday, and that I left my alarm clock at Uni anyway so got someone roaring in my door at 8.58 about getting up to go to mass.
    If you were going somewhere for 9am, and a person had not appeared yet, would you not at least knock on their door at 8.45 ish???
    TA now my family think I am some kind of heathen because of the above events now.

This still happens?

Gammy trolleys, why don't they just take them out of commission, the ones with really worn out wheels also irk me...

Chijj wrote: »
    TA that I thought today was Saturday, and that I left my alarm clock at Uni anyway so got someone roaring in my door at 8.58 about getting up to go to mass.
    If you were going somewhere for 9am, and a person had not appeared yet, would you not at least knock on their door at 8.45 ish???
    TA now my family think I am some kind of heathen because of the above events now.

This still happens?

Gammy trolleys, why don't they just take them out of commission, the ones with really worn out wheels also irk me...

The mass or sleeping in? Ha

Im also TA that I had a blister/cut on my heel from new shoes. I always make sure I leave the shower clean for the next person, but a tiny bit of blood came off my heel. Next thing I know my sibling calls me in and starts ranting about me leaving period in the shower. 1) Its rare period is a "nice" fresh red. 2) Not enough there. 3) its from my ****ing heel. 4) The ****ing state they leave the shower in... hypocritical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Flimsy umbrellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

TA'd at people who use 'Yeah' at the end of their sentences, in a questioning tone. Making a statement, but throwing 'Yeah?' at the end as if questioning you.

'I'm going out for lunch today, yeah?'
    'I was in town Saturday night, yeah?'
    'Have a delivery here for you, yeah?'

I want to strangle these people!

"Not this fúcking song again" Somebody got me an admittedly fantastic children's cd by this group. But how many times can one listen to "Jelly on the plate" Old King Cole, Incy Wincy Spider... without going absolutely nuts? I'm driving around Dublin, checking the mirror to see if the baby's asleep but there's no fear of that with all the car stops in traffic.

Turn it off, you say? Ha, it turns into Castlereagh Holding Centre in about the year 1972 in the back seat with the screams. As that wonderfully, wonderfully, wonderfully wise old song puts it, 'what cannot be cured love must be endured love'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

This...... a million, trillion, zillion times.

Also, newspaper headlines such as 'Families will now have to pay extra for waste collection' or whatever.

Whaaaat? Single people don't have to pay them? or a group of people sharing a house? Shure that's great altogether.

Also the perception that a family unit only exists if people have had kids. A married couple can be a family too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    A married couple can be a family too.

A married couple IS a family IMO.

TA that my body is still aching after a big party night...three days ago.

• Advertisement

Zemuppet wrote: »
    People who sit on the outside seat on a bus or train when the inside seat is empty. Why do they do this? Is it so they don't want anyone to invade their personal space or do they think they'll get off the bus a little bit quicker?

I do this on the luas because I got sick to death of being squashed into the window by whatever fat fúck decided to fhlump down beside me and take up all of their seat and 20% of mine because they have no concept of personal space. I don't particularly want to be rubbing thighs with someone who hasn't had the courtesy to fellow passengers to shower in the last 5 days. I will always move to allow them to take the inside seat though. Outside seat = I'm sitting on it therefore its taken so no you cant have it. Inside seat = I'm not sitting on it therefore its not taken so yes you can have it. I'd rather reserve the option to perch on the outside seat least a pervert decide to get up close and personal :P

Winterlong wrote: »
    A married couple IS a family IMO.

TA that my body is still aching after a big party night...three days ago.

TA being disagreed with even though you're in agreement simply because of your Monday morning careless choice of words. :(

The amount of times a day Q102 plays that Hozier song about falling in love with someone new. Argh ffs! I don't even listen to the radio that much and I notice it so how often are they actually playing it?! Wánkpots

A friend who feels the need to constantly comment on my decision to be vegetarian. I'm very much live and let live in my approach, and wouldn't be the kind to comment adversely on other people's food choices, nor foist my own beliefs on them, but for some reason this person thinks he can comment on it whenever he wants. Someone asked me in his presence lately if I was "still vegetarian" and he actually answered for me, rolled his eyes to heaven and said, "yeah unfortunately she's still on that". Later on that day, he made another smart comment about how he "couldn't do that" - guess what fúck face, I'm not asking you to! I wound up calling him on it in front of everyone because I was so annoyed.

Also TA I am meant to see him for lunch today, and I am waiting for him to text to confirm so I can reply, "depends, are you going to comment on my food choices again?" - but he hasn't texted yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Being around someone who just irritates you every day and trying not to snap at them. It's only Monday morning and I can feel myself getting annoyed already. They interrupt conversations all the time, add comments that are completely irrelevant to the conversation that's being had and try to make jokes that just aren't funny.

Trying to pass someone by on the footpath and they start the "diagonal drift".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Trying to pass someone by on the footpath and they start the "diagonal drift".

Because they are usually glued to their phone :rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

At the grand old age of 37 I will be having my first ever driving lesson this Saturday. I didn't get to pick the instructor as I am doing the lessons as part of a deal with a relative's insurance company so they assigned one to me.

He rang me on Friday evening for a 'quick chat' and 40 minutes (well, 38 to be exact) later he finally stopped chatting. And just as I manage to finally end the conversation, after saying 'I'd better let you go' at least 5 times, he tells me that he will ring me again this Friday. He certainly likes the 'chat'

So, I reckon, either I'm going to get murdered or I'll end up murdering him by the end of the 13 lesson session!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA that I may have a wheat intolerance.

Which is a beer intolerance.
    Which is a Pizza and Pasta intolerance.
    Which is a cake intolerance.

Which is the end of the world.

Brother said months ago he might be going to same concert as me, its this weekend, and I need to know if he is, and if not then I need to get on the ball and find a hostel/b&b near by over night, but he is uncontactable. He is always hard to reach but I really need to know soon.

• Advertisement

Brother said months ago he might be going to same concert as me, its this weekend, and I need to know if he is, and if not then I need to get on the ball and find a hostel/b&b near by over night, but he is uncontactable. He is always hard to reach but I really need to know soon.

Jesus Christ, I sent him the message on WhatsApp, just checked and he "seen" the message last night and never even replied.
    A yes or no would bloody do :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

When actors talk about their characters as if they were an actual person whom they know intimately.

TA's at pettiness.

Just encountered some, don't understand how people can be so small about letting things go.

Also TA'd at stubbing my finger and breaking my nail halfway down the nail bed. I'm sure the blood loss is terminal and I need morphine for the pain. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The point when you think you could do with a haircut, but it doesn't feel like that long ago since you got it cut, and sure will it really make a difference? Or will I just wait a while longer... and then you get more than TA'd about it then..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was in the passing lane on the motorway and this absolute idiot in the other lane started to drift over towards me because he was texting on his phone. Some people don't give a **** about anyone else.

I got my hair cut on Wednesday but the hairdresser didn't listen and just kept cutting. It's too short now and I'm sad about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

How I am slightly freaking out that someone is flirting with me.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd I forgot to put my phone on silent last night and I was awoken at 4.09 am by an email from Linkedin and then couldn't get back to sleep. Exhausted tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I've tried twice to post my TA in this thread and it's turned into an even bigger TA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I've tried twice to post my TA in this thread and it's turned into an even bigger TA.

Of course that worked :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

My foot is pretty sore, I have no idea what's happened, I wanted to go for a bit of a run tonight but said I better leave it and that TA'd me.

If it's still sore for football tomorrow I'm not gonna be TA'd.....I'm gonna be majorly fúcking pissed off with this **** of a foot! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement