Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

people who complain to Ofcom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

People giving out huge tv show spoilers on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Trying to pass someone by on the footpath and they start the "diagonal drift".

I love this, I up my speed and zip up the side they are wandering to and it scares the **** out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Gay fellas keep trying to kiss me even thought they know I am married

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA I read some scary true stories and now can't sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Despite priding myself on doing pelvic floor exercises everyday (Elevator up, elevator down!), despite trying my damndest to limit my fluid intake after a certain matter, this ****ing persistant cough continues to plague me. Every day and every night, at least once every ten minutes, I start hacking and coughing violently for no apparent reason to the point where I inadvertably wet myself.
    For ****sake, I'm 28 years old! I'm too young to be buying TENA Lady. What makes matters worse is that I've undergone a battery of tests including an invasive endoscopy in a bid to figure out the source of my torment. I've had bloods taken to test for allergies to wheat, dairy, dust, pollen and the like. They've all come back negative. All my doctor can do is give me a Becatide and Ventolin inhaler to puff on if I feel the onset but for all the good it does me, I might as well be puffing on helium.
    I've had this cough on and off for the better part of nearly a decade without cure. When will it end? Just once I'd like to sleep through the night without feeling like I'm going to cough up a lung. I was told after the most recent battery of tests that it's allegedly Adult Onset Asthma and aside from the inhalers, it's pretty much set for life.
    Urgh. **** this.
    **** it with a rake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

When someone puts his or her greasy hands on a TV remote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Still awake...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

eir,

My good lord those guys look to be incapable of all but the most simplest tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

god's toy wrote: »
    eir,

My good lord those guys look to be incapable of all but the most simplest tasks.

Well if they're managing simple tasks, they must've had seriously intense training since I last dealt with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It's so annoying how hard it is to get someone to come and do a few hours work. We have been waiting weeks now to get someone to do some plastering out the back. Two fellas have said they are coming to do it and just don't show up. There is a pile of sand out the back ready to go, and I can't keep the little one out of it, she lies in it making sand angels. The house is constantly destroyed with sand from her:(. You'd think someone would be glad of a few hours work FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Eating an apple for breakfast and a bit of it gets stuck between your front teeth. Cant get it out. No floss nearbye.

Why is being good so hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Fella behind me on the bus this morning absolutely stank. I decided I'd put up with it as he was behind my favourite seat (front row to the left) and after a while I became used to the smell. However a few minutes into the journey he started hacking and snorting. He was clearly dying from a heavy cold and determined to spread it to as many people as possible. Even more TA were the looks I got from others who were watching me giving him a few looks and then getting up and moving elsewhere. Well sorry maybe you're happy to sit here and catch the fúcking plague but I am not. Why don't people stay at home when they are sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

When the person you have a crush on gets back with their ex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

when you share an office with someone who appears to dislike you intently..

People who are eternally away with the fairies.

This morning, for instance, I was driving up the road and a person in a parked car opened the door without even looking at the traffic coming behind her. Having been whacked off my rothar onto the tarmac as a young fella by a person who opened her car door without looking, I had anticipated this airheadedness once I saw somebody sitting on the driver's side of a parked car and moved out into the other lane but had I not there would have been an accident.

There is a ridiculous number of people away with the fairies on a permanent basis. Their usual openers are "I forgot", "I didn't think" "oh my God is it that time?" "I can't believe I'm late"... Repeat offenders. Stay away from me. The more annoying of them adopt it as a personality trait - "Oh, I'm late again, ha ha". Not funny in the slightest you chaotic, self-absorbed, disorganised, cluttered, overwhelmed drama queen without a care in the wide world for the responsibilities and pressures of the people around you who are depending upon you to be competent. Just competent.

People sitting in their cars watching you as you wait to cross the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

People sitting in their cars watching you as you wait to cross the road.

In a hurry up and move way, or a sleazy way?

TA'd at people who are too lazy to check their own records yet expect you to know everything about something that's actually not anything to do with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Phrases is women's magazines like 'must-have' and 'on-trend'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When you are walking up the street and there is a somebody collecting for ABC charity, you stop and give them some change and get a badge, you walk on for a couple of minutes and there is a second person, collecting for the same charity. You smile and gesture to your badge, to indicate you already gave a couple of euro to ABC ........but the fcukin badge isn't there, the cheap as stickyless little **** has fallen off.

Person two stares at and reckons you are a right miserable bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When you are walking up the street and there is a somebody collecting for ABC charity, you stop and give them some change and get a badge, you walk on for a couple of minutes and there is a second person, collecting for the same charity. You smile and gesture to your badge, to indicate you already gave a couple of euro to ABC ........but the fcukin badge isn't there, the cheap as stickyless little **** has fallen off.

Person two stares at and reckons you are a right miserable bastard.

In a hurry up and move way, or a sleazy way?

TA'd at people who are too lazy to check their own records yet expect you to know everything about something that's actually not anything to do with you!

Either in a sleazy way or a "I've nothing else to look at while I wait for the lights to change" kind of way. I'm referring to when you are at a junction waiting for a green man, so it's not like they are being held up. I don't cross on the red because I just now as soon as I step out the lights will change, but there always seem to be a horribly awkward moment when the man is red and all the lights are red and nobody is moving! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Either in a sleazy way or a "I've nothing else to look at while I wait for the lights to change" kind of way. I'm referring to when you are at a junction waiting for a green man, so it's not like they are being held up. I don't cross on the red because I just now as soon as I step out the lights will change, but there always seem to be a horribly awkward moment when the man is red and all the lights are red and nobody is moving! :P

Ah I get you now.. Yeah, I always wait for the green man myself and I get looks that are almost questioning looks!

Ah I get you now.. Yeah, I always wait for the green man myself and I get looks that are almost questioning looks!

It's as if people are judging you for not being brave or something. In actual fact, we are just not being stupid. I value my life too much to go trecking out in front of an artic lorry to shave ten seconds off my journey. Major TA. Plus my OH insists on crossing on the red man. We cant cross the road without fighting. "We can go now, their lights are red". :( In the end I just say, "look if you want to go, go. I'll catch up with you" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

People who put an "r" into their pronunciation of Chicago. No, it wasn't named after freight!

Similarly, "Los Vegas."

Funnily enough, no-one ever seems to say "Las Angeles"...

This new socially accepted phenomenon of saying "sat" when you should say "sitting". Like, "I was sat at the train station" - yeah its a pity someone didn't push you under the fúcking thing for deliberately using bad grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

When I'm driving along and I see a pedestrian about to cross the road checking to see if there is a car coming, and they cross the road in front of me anyway causing me to slam on the breaks..
    Also even when I'm walking, let's say down the aisle of a shop, somebody will step out from another aisle, check to see if somebody is coming, then cut out in front of me anyway.

What's the point in them bloody checking at all.....(beginning to wonder if I'm in fact invisible, me and the car)

This new socially accepted phenomenon of saying "sat" when you should say "sitting". Like, "I was sat at the train station" - yeah its a pity someone didn't push you under the fúcking thing for deliberately using bad grammar.

I've only ever heard an English person say that here, and if I'm not mistaken it's a north of England thing more especially.

sat = past participle
    sitting = present participle.

Here's a blog from OED, with a nice table, explaining why "I was sat" is incorrect. It turns into a bit of a rant :D
    So are we witnessing a general decline of continuous tenses? Thankfully, no: this error predominantly seems to crop up with ‘stand’ and ‘sit’ – to test this, would you say ‘I was ran down the road when I tripped and fell’ or ‘He is flown to New York later today ’? No, you’d rightly opt for the past continuous ‘I was running down the road….’ or the present continuous ‘He is flying to New York …’ – so why, oh why do many people say ‘I was sat’ or ‘we’re stood’?

TA that people don't even try to get on top of basic grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I've only ever heard an English person say that here, and if I'm not mistaken it's a north of England thing more especially.

I've heard it a lot in N.I, I think I used to say it as well until a primary school teacher shouted at me enough to make me stop :D

TA I can feel my uterus start to rip itself to shreds.

• Advertisement

When there is more chutney than cheddar on a sandwich. Use sparingly people!

Going shopping for sensible flat shoes because I don't like walking from the bus stop to work in my stilettos, and ending up with shoes that are just as high because they were on sale and they are pretty.... so still needing to buy flat shoes :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement